LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Re: SANFL Clubs

Postby Dutchy » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:35 pm

vics01 wrote:
AFLW yes, a money drainer at the moment, not sure the SANFLW has the same issues, players don't get paid anywhere near AFLW players.

Surely they don't get paid a cent? Most local under 14 teams would beat them.

They bring no money in just stretch already stretched resources

So your saying the u14 Females would beat a SANFLW outfit? :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2306 times
Been liked: 3479 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:20 am

Hazydog wrote:Whatever it is- I’ve renewed the membership and donated a bit more what I would normally pay for a season ticket. It’s the least I can do after years of pain followed by pleasure..

Good on you, hazydog - I've renewed my membership/season ticket, and made a similar donation to North's tin-rattling campaign (which just kicked off today). Also made a modest donation to the Bulldogs' campaign as well.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby rocketeer » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:39 pm

I just donated the amount I'd normally spend in a season on sausages and soft drink at Prospect to the NAFC fundraiser. I like that NAFC offered realistic options for the default amounts to donate, starting at $25, and you can still donate less if that's too much.
rocketeer
Rookie

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:55 pm

Renewed 2 home match memberships 3 weeks ago $270 and will donate more when the season starts hopefully in June2020.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:28 pm

Easy way to donate : ( If you can )

If you go to games, be it some or all, check where your team was playing that weekend and donate the $15 entry you would have paid to that club.

If the footy was on you'd be there, even in these tough times.

That's what I'm doing. Last week Westies got $15, Norwood get $15 this week ( if they have a fund set up? ), if not it will go to my club.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10718 times

Postby Brett » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:46 pm

Brett wrote:I expect Members of SANFL clubs to shortly receive communication from each clubs outlining the next step in this issue.

Do what you can afford to do. If you have bought a membership, season tickets etc dont ask for the money back if possible.

I hope the passive SANFL supporters get on board as well and attend games in the future.

Fortunately, the SANFL debt has reduced and they no longer have a life support system sucking them dry .

We need you now.

As another club releases a statement.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby eaglehaslanded » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:53 pm

Already had my membership prior to the Covid 19 lockdown. But I will also be doing a bit extra on a fortnightly basis with extra donations to my club. #TogetherWeFly
"We're the mighty Eagles"
eaglehaslanded
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby fish » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:01 am

Has the SANFL come up with a plan to save the clubs yet?
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby goddy11 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:47 pm

eaglehaslanded wrote:Already had my membership prior to the Covid 19 lockdown. But I will also be doing a bit extra on a fortnightly basis with extra donations to my club. #TogetherWeFly

You have inspired me. I'm a pensioner but just made a donation to my club on top of membership I paid for in January. I hope others follow.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 555 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Brett » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:52 pm

fish wrote:Has the SANFL come up with a plan to save the clubs yet?

Are you meaning a financial assistance package?

All the current club engagement activities are part of the plan to keep supporters interested as are member updates etc.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Grenville » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:41 pm

Just went to the club. Renewed my season ticket, memberships for both kids and chucked in a few extra bucks. It was eerie there, just Kirsty at the front desk.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby fish » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:43 pm

Brett wrote:
fish wrote:Has the SANFL come up with a plan to save the clubs yet?

Are you meaning a financial assistance package?

All the current club engagement activities are part of the plan to keep supporters interested as are member updates etc.

Yep I was thinking financial assistance either through payments to the clubs or waiving/deferring of monies owed by the clubs.

Or any sort of plan to see the clubs through this
fish
Coach

Postby Brett » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:25 pm

Im not sure clubs owe the SANFL any money except Port and good luck with that.

Yet to be an official announcement but for now as a few have done , buy memberships and donate. I have only read 1 person on here not in favour of that, which is great. As far as the wider footy population is concerned , most are doing the same . That doesnt mean they are safe but a great time to get behind clubs.Its why there has been a wide spread social media campaign.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby fish » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:57 pm

Brett wrote:Im not sure clubs owe the SANFL any money except Port and good luck with that.

Yet to be an official announcement but for now as a few have done , buy memberships and donate. I have only read 1 person on here not in favour of that, which is great. As far as the wider footy population is concerned , most are doing the same . That doesnt mean they are safe but a great time to get behind clubs.Its why there has been a wide spread social media campaign.

Thanks for that.
fish
Coach

Postby Aerie » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:38 pm

Could there be a release of restrictions that could allow the SANFL to get going before the AFL? Maybe borders still shut but a release on gathering numbers? Seems SA is doing well containing this virus.

Sounds like the AFL are talking about a 3 week pre-season once restrictions are pulled, so if the SANFL don’t muck around, they could at least get 3 weeks in with no AFL. Hopefully there is a chance of this happening and crowds being allowed to attend and we could see the SANFL steal the limelight for a short time at least.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 501 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:06 pm

Aerie wrote:Could there be a release of restrictions that could allow the SANFL to get going before the AFL? Maybe borders still shut but a release on gathering numbers? Seems SA is doing well containing this virus.

Sounds like the AFL are talking about a 3 week pre-season once restrictions are pulled, so if the SANFL don’t muck around, they could at least get 3 weeks in with no AFL. Hopefully there is a chance of this happening and crowds being allowed to attend and we could see the SANFL steal the limelight for a short time at least.

Unfortunately, absolutely dreaming Aerie!!

If, and its a very big if, SANFL does get season 2020 up and running, will be with no crowds for any games.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 522 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:40 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Aerie wrote:Could there be a release of restrictions that could allow the SANFL to get going before the AFL? Maybe borders still shut but a release on gathering numbers? Seems SA is doing well containing this virus.

Unfortunately, absolutely dreaming Aerie!!

If, and its a very big if, SANFL does get season 2020 up and running, will be with no crowds for any games.

Yep unfortunately i reckon the AFL is the only comp that will any footy in 2020.
There is absolutely no point in SANFL, Amateurs or Country footy playing without crowds, that is definitely going to send clubs broke with no income but player payments to fork out
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2414 times
Been liked: 1655 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:38 pm

Brett wrote:Centrals going OK as are a few clubs. Keep donating and joining. Dont be complacent.

We've now raised just over $50,000.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Brett » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:02 pm

I would have imagined a spike would have occurred initially? 50G is great but the target was 250G ..I hope it continues.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL