Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:52 pm

scottroo wrote:If the numbers stay low after the two weeks we are very well positioned to loosen lockdowns

Not sure about loosening up, but it will certainly be a much better snapshot of how many cases are out there.

Great signs.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:02 pm

They wont be loosened before end of May. I have no issue in keeping restrictions a little longer.
The wider testing may lead to more cases. But atleast those people will get proper treatment.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:07 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:They wont be loosened before end of May. I have no issue in keeping restrictions a little longer.
The wider testing may lead to more cases. But atleast those people will get proper treatment.

If this keeps up then as a minimum they need to be reviewed at the end of the month. Not saying they should be relaxed but at least the conversation about if it's possible needs to be occurring.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:10 pm

Not much in the way of comment from old Bum Crack in here lately...... I hope he has not succumbed to Covid-19.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:13 pm

Corona Man wrote:Not much in the way of comment from old Bum Crack in here lately...... I hope he has not succumbed to Covid-19.

More of a chance he's succumbed to Chateaux Collapso.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby LMA » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:20 pm

Over 2 million cases worldwide now, imagine if there were no restrictions happening anywhere :shock:
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby locky801 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:21 pm

scottroo wrote:If the numbers stay low after the two weeks we are very well positioned to loosen lockdowns

Marshall has already said that this wont happen and that we will move with the rest of the Country (as per his media release on 14/4)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:25 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Some excellent results for our little state =D>

The widening of the testing is great news.

1) It means we have lots of testing kits available
2) We're not keeping the ones we have for those who are under investigation (they've obviously been tested)
3) People who have concerns about their health can have them put to rest (even if they are unfounded, but what price peace of mind?)
4) SA Health are clearly thinking we've got positive cases tracked and traced

Of the 433 cases just 3 are now listed as under investigation of community transmission.

5) All the hypochondriacs can now get their fix.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:27 pm

heater31 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:They wont be loosened before end of May. I have no issue in keeping restrictions a little longer.

If this keeps up then as a minimum they need to be reviewed at the end of the month. Not saying they should be relaxed but at least the conversation about if it's possible needs to be occurring.
Agreed

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:49 pm

Only 1 positive result in every 100 tests now, probably go to 1 in 1,000 if its open slather
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Q. » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:16 pm

locky801 wrote:

Marshall has already said that this wont happen and that we will move with the rest of the Country (as per his media release on 14/4)

He is just being diplomatic. The States have been dragging SloMo along this whole time and they will likely act first again.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:18 pm

If I had my way, I'd open gyms and tattoo shops as the first step in relaxing restrictions :lol:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby scottroo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:26 pm

if Our numbers stay low or are eradicated, Marshall will come under pressure from the public to review lockdowns, despite what the feds are doing.

We’ve already shown we won’t adapt rules and laws that the eastern states are following
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Q. wrote:If I had my way, I'd open gyms and tattoo shops as the first step in relaxing restrictions :lol:

Massage parlours have too be first.
Alot of tension to be relieved..........
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby locky801 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:43 pm

Q. wrote:
locky801 wrote:

He is just being diplomatic. The States have been dragging SloMo along this whole time and they will likely act first again.

Wait and see I guess, not what i'm hearing from the inner sanctum, next 2 weeks will be the test
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:44 pm

tipper wrote:
am Bays wrote:This year we've booked and paid for airfares to the US in Nov/Dec (got insurance). Expecting/hoping that we'll get them converted into credits that we can take the following year.

personally im hoping that we get the money back for the trip we had booked (would have been in NZ right now...). was going to be our first OS trip, even if it was only next door. at the moment, pretty much everything has been converted to credits, but the longer this all goes on the less enthusiastic i am feeling about it all.

rather the money back now, theres other things i could spend it on. i dont think it will happen, but i can dream cant i?
If the airline has cancelled the flight you are entitled to a full refund. Unless you have fully read the T&C’s I would never accept a voucher or credit as there are far too many restrictions on them. I’ve dealt with far too many people who have been stung by vouchers in the past
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:17 pm

Jim05 wrote:
tipper wrote:
am Bays wrote:This year we've booked and paid for airfares to the US in Nov/Dec (got insurance). Expecting/hoping that we'll get them converted into credits that we can take the following year.

personally im hoping that we get the money back for the trip we had booked (would have been in NZ right now...). was going to be our first OS trip, even if it was only next door. at the moment, pretty much everything has been converted to credits, but the longer this all goes on the less enthusiastic i am feeling about it all.

rather the money back now, theres other things i could spend it on. i dont think it will happen, but i can dream cant i?
If the airline has cancelled the flight you are entitled to a full refund. Unless you have fully read the T&C’s I would never accept a voucher or credit as there are far too many restrictions on them. I’ve dealt with far too many people who have been stung by vouchers in the past

My missus had to get "credit" with Qatar, only other thing she was offered was what she paid minus $300 credit with Flight Centre. :?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:26 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
tipper wrote:

My missus had to get "credit" with Qatar, only other thing she was offered was what she paid minus $300 credit with Flight Centre. :?
Unfortunately most people just accept what they are told and just cop it. If the airline has cancelled the flight you are entitled to a full refund. If you cancel then they are entitled to give you credit or a voucher. Qatar’s credits might be ok though, Qantas have too many restrictions on theirs and that catches many out.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:43 pm

Yeah we thought we could use it next year for our planned trip to Europe so no real fuss, it was the people from the Flight Centre that gave her the info.
Mind you I wouldn't trust them as far as I could fly at the moment.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:49 pm

Anyway, an update on my position, it turns out the 8000 people that work for pubs in the ALH group miss out on Job Keeprs payment, the only pub workers that miss out. It's because a couple of months ago they merged with BWS and Dan Murphys and because those companies are still making mega bucks the ALH pub workers miss out. If I worked for any other pub group in the nation I'd be entitled but as I work for ALH I'm not which seems a bit stupid. Maybe the government should have looked at giving the money to eligible workers not eligible employers.

Having said that our group was in the position to offer some position to laid off workers (of which I declined) which is good but I really feel sorry for those workers that didn't get a gig and now have no income. I personally am in a pretty good position, our employer did give us an extra forthnight pay which they didn't have to and I get a super pension every fortnight from my 30 years in the govt(and my missus is full time employed as an accountant).

Even though I don't have my income from working at a pub it turns out we're actually saving more money than usual as most of our expendable income goes at pubs! It's pretty scary how much we spend weekly at pubs catching up with friends and seeing bands!! :shock:

My only problem is I'm going to get even fatter without the amount of physical work I normally do, at least my online characters on World of Warcraft are as fit as ever! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion