Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:09 pm

Booney wrote:I reckon he's got it right here, he's said enough to suggest in 4 weeks we'll be looking at lifting restrictions without actually saying in 4 weeks we'll be lifting restrictions.

Have never been a fan of his but I must admit he has been very good through this period.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:10 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:I reckon he's got it right here, he's said enough to suggest in 4 weeks we'll be looking at lifting restrictions without actually saying in 4 weeks we'll be lifting restrictions.

Have never been a fan of his but I must admit he has been very good through this period.

He has improved as the pandemic has gone along, he was a bumbling fool initially and reacted too late.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

He has improved as the pandemic has gone along, he was a bumbling fool initially and reacted too late.

I think everyone would have been a bumbling fool at the beginning. Would have been the hardest gig going around
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

I think he was a bumbling fool through the bushfire crisis, he never got that low during this, I reckon he's been pretty solid most of the way through this.

I think our health system has been remarkable, from the initial tracking and tracing to the care people have received. Sadly some with pre existing issues were always going to be vulnerable and I feel for the families who have lost people.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:19 pm

It’s almost like the Bushfire Crisis taught him some lessons
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:22 pm

Brodlach wrote:
I think everyone would have been a bumbling fool at the beginning. Would have been the hardest gig going around

He told everyone to go to the rugby because they probably wont be able to the following week.

"Andrew" would feature on his highlight reel.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:22 pm

Brodlach wrote:It’s almost like the Bushfire Crisis taught him some lessons

It certainly did.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:27 pm

SA Update :

1 new case

Total to 434 cases
Recovered 308 ( 70% of those who have tested positive )
10 in hospital
2 in ICU ( 1 critical )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:36 pm

Booney wrote:SA Update :

1 new case

Total to 434 cases
10 in hospital
2 in ICU ( 1 critical )

Within a fortnight we could be close to having almost all recovered if there are no spikes
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:40 pm

Morrison talking about lifting restrictions and what we'll need in place :

1 - More extensive testing regime, testing of people who are showing mild symptoms, not just those with contract traceability

2 - Greater tracing ability, more members of health to aid in the investigative work surrounding positive cases

3 - Local response capability, the ability to, as done in northern Tasmania, shut down any out breaks and restrict transmission

The next 4 weeks will be focused on increasing the ability for all states to respond to the above points.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Booney wrote:SA Update :

1 new case

Total to 434 cases
10 in hospital
2 in ICU ( 1 critical )

Very pleasing.

As much as I'm looking forward to belting down a few pints I'm content to ride this out until we can pretty much guarantee that we've smashed it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Timeframe for lifting restrictions might depend significantly on the roll out of a contact tracing app which is still a few weeks away.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:49 pm

Booney wrote:Morrison talking about lifting restrictions and what we'll need in place :

1 - More extensive testing regime, testing of people who are showing mild symptoms, not just those with contract traceability

2 - Greater tracing ability, more members of health to aid in the investigative work surrounding positive cases

3 - Local response capability, the ability to, as done in northern Tasmania, shut down any out breaks and restrict transmission

The next 4 weeks will be focused on increasing the ability for all states to respond to the above points.

I wouldn't object to a total lockdown for 3 weeks in two weeks time, you would think that we'd be at 85% recovery by then.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby David Brent » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jase wrote:
From a selfish point of view, I would prefer to see Kid's sport opened up first, purely because Senior Miss Jase is bouncing off of the walls and desperate to get back to competition gymnastics...

You would think that non-contact sports could be one of the first to get back out there.

Perfect that means footy will start up for me....
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Booney wrote:Morrison talking about lifting restrictions and what we'll need in place :

And it seems SA is well ahead of the others to achieve the above, even implementing point 1 and have proved they are very good at point 2
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:21 pm

David Brent wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jase wrote:
From a selfish point of view, I would prefer to see Kid's sport opened up first, purely because Senior Miss Jase is bouncing off of the walls and desperate to get back to competition gymnastics...

You would think that non-contact sports could be one of the first to get back out there.

Perfect that means footy will start up for me....

Yep, and bedroom gymnastics for me....
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:16 pm

Great article that explains why a hard & short lockdown to eliminate the virus is the most economically viable strategy:

Eradicating the COVID-19 coronavirus is also the best economic strategy

The least costly economic strategy is eliminating COVID-19 from Australia altogether. Growing epidemiological evidence suggests it may be possible for us to eliminate coronavirus within the next two to three months.

New Zealand is pursuing such a strategy.

Australia’s state and territory governments should explicitly declare that they want to eliminate the virus, and maintain harsh lockdown restrictions until new cases are down to zero or close to it.

And in the meantime we’ll accrue invaluable intelligence from other countries about how best to emerge from lockdowns, and plan accordingly.

There’s no doubt this strategy would have big short-term economic costs.

There’s also enormous economic upside if we eliminate the virus and the economy can more or less return to normal.

Schools and offices could re-open, as could bars, cafes and restaurants. Import and export goods would flow freely. International students could still come to Australia with quarantine and testing, and being COVID-free would mean more would choose Australia over alternative destinations.

Not everything could return to normal. International tourism would take a hit, because tight border controls would be maintained until the pandemic subsides abroad. But international tourism accounts for just 2% of our gross domestic product. And domestic travel would boom.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:57 am

Q. wrote:Timeframe for lifting restrictions might depend significantly on the roll out of a contact tracing app which is still a few weeks away.

They can stick their tracing app.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:39 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Q. wrote:Timeframe for lifting restrictions might depend significantly on the roll out of a contact tracing app which is still a few weeks away.

They can stick their tracing app.
That's right my angry British friend, this is just another step towards the NWO via agenda 21.

I did my research online, I know more than all you sheepies, the is just a false flag. You all watch the government is trying to control us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:43 am

Dutchy wrote:

And it seems SA is well ahead of the others to achieve the above, even implementing point 1 and have proved they are very good at point 2
SA Health in this respect have been surprisingly good at the tracing of this. In fact they have done really well through this process, I mean it's SA health we are talking about, surprising at how well they have managed to keep on top of this.

One of the things that has help the government and SA health has been the fact that they have had SA pathology at there disposal to smash through testing.

The high testing rate with out lower density population has been a key to the lower numbers. The widening of the testing is a great step as well.

All in all, SA has gone about this pretty well, Captain Stevo has been pretty solid in his leadership through this.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion