I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 08, 2020 3:55 pm

Trader wrote:Doc and Amber are correct.

Cyril won't get the full $1200 back.

Yes, $1200 is the extra tax he paid, however he also had extra income this year (he's now worked 52 weeks plus been paid for a bonus 2 weeks of annual leave cashed in), so Cyril is understanding there is clearly some extra tax to be paid.

The numbers in Cyril's example have been rounded, so its hard to pin point exactly where the income sits, but assuming Cyril earns around the $70,000 mark normally, cashing in 2 weeks annual leave wont push him from the 32.5c bracket to the 37c bracket (which kicks in at 90k pa), as such, on the extra $3k he earns that year, he'll pay in the 32c bracket, so he'll get back 16c per dollar, not the full 48c per dollar.

Round numbers, he'll get back 1/3 of the extra tax withheld in that pay period.

NB: The above does not take into account things like the medicare levy. Cyril should seek independent financial advice rather than relying on internet forum nupties like us! :lol:

The Doc and Amber show.
Has a good ring too it!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 08, 2020 4:07 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Trader wrote:Doc and Amber are correct.

Cyril won't get the full $1200 back.

Yes, $1200 is the extra tax he paid, however he also had extra income this year (he's now worked 52 weeks plus been paid for a bonus 2 weeks of annual leave cashed in), so Cyril is understanding there is clearly some extra tax to be paid.

The numbers in Cyril's example have been rounded, so its hard to pin point exactly where the income sits, but assuming Cyril earns around the $70,000 mark normally, cashing in 2 weeks annual leave wont push him from the 32.5c bracket to the 37c bracket (which kicks in at 90k pa), as such, on the extra $3k he earns that year, he'll pay in the 32c bracket, so he'll get back 16c per dollar, not the full 48c per dollar.

Round numbers, he'll get back 1/3 of the extra tax withheld in that pay period.

NB: The above does not take into account things like the medicare levy. Cyril should seek independent financial advice rather than relying on internet forum nupties like us! :lol:

The Doc and Amber show.
Has a good ring too it!

I can ask Cyril to make guest appearances, his friend Peter the Phantom Puller is always good for a laugh.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Spargo » Fri May 08, 2020 4:36 pm

amber_fluid wrote:The Doc and Amber show.
Has a good ring too it!
Attachments
E74D9E7C-B443-4AE0-A271-128B180E7EB5.jpeg
E74D9E7C-B443-4AE0-A271-128B180E7EB5.jpeg (96.81 KiB) Viewed 3240 times
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby amber_fluid » Fri May 08, 2020 4:37 pm

Spargo wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:The Doc and Amber show.
Has a good ring too it!

:lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2020 1:43 pm

Has anybody started off with a smaller, cheaper smoker with any great success?

Tossing up whether to start with something smaller and see if it tickles my fancy or go slightly balls deep knowing I'll fall in love with the process immediately.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 11, 2020 1:44 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Has anybody started off with a smaller cheaper smoker with any great success?

Tossing up whether to start with something smaller and see if it tickles my fancy or go slightly balls deep knowing I'll fall in love with the process immediately.

My $200 jobbie from Bunnings has done the trick so far, can't see myself upgrading any time soon either, this one suits me just fine.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2020 1:46 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Has anybody started off with a smaller cheaper smoker with any great success?

My $200 jobbie from Bunnings has done the trick so far, can't see myself upgrading any time soon either, this one suits me just fine.

Yeah, at a guess that's the one the missus wants us to get, I suggested one of the smaller ones first, she's probably right on this account.

Does yours have the side box or is it the char-deluxe?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 11, 2020 1:51 pm

https://www.bunnings.com.au/jumbuck-bbq ... x_p0066301

Off set smoke / fire box as attached.

Was actually thinking this weekend I might have to fire it up again, haven't done one for a few weeks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2020 1:54 pm

Booney wrote:https://www.bunnings.com.au/jumbuck-bbq-smoker-with-offset-sidebox_p0066301

Was actually thinking this weekend I might have to fire it up again, haven't done one for a few weeks.

I done some American Pork Ribs in the weber on the weekend and it has inspired the need for a smoker.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 11, 2020 2:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:https://www.bunnings.com.au/jumbuck-bbq-smoker-with-offset-sidebox_p0066301

I done some American Pork Ribs in the weber on the weekend and it has inspired the need for a smoker.

My next cook I'm giving the unwrapped for XX hours, wrapped for XX hours, unwrapped for XX hours a go.

Typically 4 hours unwrapped, 2 hours wrapped, 1 hour unwrapped / rested is the go.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Mon May 11, 2020 2:26 pm

Looks pretty similar to the one I won at the pub but gave to J&R
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon May 11, 2020 2:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

You can smoke in the weber as well, just add some wood chips you've soaked over night to get it going.
Attachments
Wood-Smoking-Chart1.jpg
Wood-Smoking-Chart1.jpg (53.3 KiB) Viewed 3027 times
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon May 11, 2020 2:39 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

You can smoke in the weber as well, just add some wood chips you've soaked over night to get it going.

Yeah i smoke in the weber most weekends. TBH i dont even bother soaking the wood chips in water before hand these days and just wack them straight on the coals. The smoked flavour isnt as strong but it means i can just let the smoke go through the entire cook and not have to worry about wrapping early on.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Mon May 11, 2020 2:41 pm

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yeah i smoke in the weber most weekends. TBH i dont even bother soaking the wood chips in water before hand these days and just wack them straight on the coals. The smoked flavour isnt as strong but it means i can just let the smoke go through the entire cook and not have to worry about wrapping early on.

IS the wrapping as simple as using foil and piercing a few holes in it? (absolute ignoramus with this stuff)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon May 11, 2020 2:42 pm

JK wrote:IS the wrapping as simple as using foil and piercing a few holes in it? (absolute ignoramus with this stuff)

Yep.

*Some use butchers paper.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 11, 2020 2:49 pm

This weekends recipe is a part of a 3-2-1 system :

3 hours - Set smoker to 225 F degrees. Brush a glaze over the ribs, on both sides. Sprinkle generously with rub, then smoke for 3 hours.

2 hours - Transfer ribs to aluminum foil sheets, season with sugar, fold foil up on the sides and top with another sheet of foil, wrap together to seal the top and bottom sheets, leaving one end open. Pour in some liquid (apple cider, bourbon, etc), then seal completely and return to smoker for another 2 hours.

1 hour - Remove ribs from foil and place back in smoker and brush with bbq sauce. Smoke for 1 hour, cranking up the temperature the last 15 minutes or so to get stickier ribs.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2020 3:00 pm

Booney wrote:This weekends recipe is a part of a 3-2-1 system :

3 hours - Set smoker to 225 F degrees. Brush a glaze over the ribs, on both sides. Sprinkle generously with rub, then smoke for 3 hours.

2 hours - Transfer ribs to aluminum foil sheets, season with sugar, fold foil up on the sides and top with another sheet of foil, wrap together to seal the top and bottom sheets, leaving one end open. Pour in some liquid (apple cider, bourbon, etc), then seal completely and return to smoker for another 2 hours.

1 hour - Remove ribs from foil and place back in smoker and brush with bbq sauce. Smoke for 1 hour, cranking up the temperature the last 15 minutes or so to get stickier ribs.

American Pork Ribs were $12 a kilo @ Specialty Foods last week.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 11, 2020 3:10 pm

Booney wrote:This weekends recipe is a part of a 3-2-1 system :

faaaaaaaark that sounds amazeballs!!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby whufc » Mon May 11, 2020 6:26 pm

Live on my Weber during winter.

Perfect excuse to get outside, avoid doing cleaning jobs and get the credit of an amazing meal at the end.

Did a 8 hour lamb shoulder a couple of weekends ago and was amazing, last weekend was a pork belly and today was some lamb shanks cooked in a red wine sauce.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 12, 2020 8:48 am

whufc wrote:Live on my Weber during winter.

Perfect excuse to get outside, avoid doing cleaning jobs and get the credit of an amazing meal at the end.

Did a 8 hour lamb shoulder a couple of weekends ago and was amazing, last weekend was a pork belly and today was some lamb shanks cooked in a red wine sauce.

Tried doing a red wine sauce for my shanks last week, red wine should be reserved for a wine glass IMO, they were still nice but my more traditional methods trump that.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion