SANFL 2020 Season

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Postby Aerie » Mon May 18, 2020 11:00 pm

I would’ve thought if we still have 0 cases by June in SA, but it’s still lingering in the eastern states, then we could start having crowds with social distancing in place. It would still be safer than shopping centres, public transport and schools, which have all been opened through this whole pandemic. However, we ‘d still keep borders closed and 14 day quarantine for those returning/entering the state.

It would be brilliant to have a decent portion of the SANFL season happen, with crowds and Port and Crows playing out of their eastern states hubs.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 501 times

Postby topshelf » Tue May 19, 2020 12:07 am

Brett wrote:
topshelf wrote:
Brett wrote:Why is this excitement about SANFL returning with games at AO? How does that help SANFL clubs?
It doesnt generate revenue for clubs?
I dont know what will happen and will leave it to the health experts as we all should .

What's not to get excited about, the season can start and games can be played with members being able to attend. It helps the clubs because it wont cost the clubs anything to hold the games and if only members can attend, membership numbers should be at record numbers and be a much needed cash boost to the clubs.

AO just going to over the cash you think ?

As it's stated in the article, the proposal is for members only. The majority of money from club memberships goes to the clubs. The AO or AOSMA would get the money from food and drinks but that's expected. Unless you know something else that's in the works or the money from memberships aren't going to the clubs anymore, there is no cash to hand over.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue May 19, 2020 10:56 am

Aerie wrote:I would’ve thought if we still have 0 cases by June in SA, but it’s still lingering in the eastern states, then we could start having crowds with social distancing in place. It would still be safer than shopping centres, public transport and schools, which have all been opened through this whole pandemic. However, we ‘d still keep borders closed and 14 day quarantine for those returning/entering the state.

It would be brilliant to have a decent portion of the SANFL season happen, with crowds and Port and Crows playing out of their eastern states hubs.

Correct spot on AERIE .

Have ya all you been shopping the last two weeks PFFFT what social distancing.

Any one with common sense would think if SA has another 2 weeks of ZERO new WU HU FLU cases I would then expect SA to open up for business as of Monday the 1ST of June 2020.

However only under the proviso we still keep our borders closed until the other states have caught up and are in the same position as SA.

Northern Territory totally open up for business as of midnight FRIDAY 15th of May.

If this does not happen it will then prove to me we are governed by snowflakes soft dicks and bed wetters.

We cannot keep going on like this.

All citizens livelihoods and mental health is at stake not to mention the economy.

Simples.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Magellan » Tue May 19, 2020 11:14 am

Apachebulldog wrote:
Aerie wrote:I would’ve thought if we still have 0 cases by June in SA, but it’s still lingering in the eastern states, then we could start having crowds with social distancing in place. It would still be safer than shopping centres, public transport and schools, which have all been opened through this whole pandemic. However, we ‘d still keep borders closed and 14 day quarantine for those returning/entering the state.

Correct spot on AERIE .

Any one with common sense would think if SA has another 2 weeks of ZERO new WU HU FLU cases I would then expect SA to open up for business as of Monday the 1ST of June 2020.

However only under the proviso we still keep our borders closed until the other states have caught up and are in the same position as SA.

Northern Territory totally open up for business as of midnight FRIDAY 15th of May.

If this does not happen it will then prove to me we are governed by snowflakes soft dicks and bed wetters.

All citizens livelihoods and mental health is at stake not to mention the economy.

Simples.

My favourite part of this post is Aerie's initial reference to maintaining social distancing and closed borders, yet the reply starts with 'correct spot on' and then proceeds to pour piss all over social distancing and closed borders.

It narrowly defeated the 'soft dicks and bed wetters' reference, because I have a soft spot for toilet humour, and the fact that Aerie's post was about the resumption of the SANFL, not more overdone hand-wringing about the coronavirus.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Brett » Tue May 19, 2020 11:21 am

Topshelf , my point is the clubs need to play games on their ovals to generate revenue match days. Like you said AO will keep the food and drinks revenue and that was my point about them not handing over that . I cant see a spike in memberships if the games are played at AO and members only allowed.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby am Bays » Tue May 19, 2020 11:24 am

Magellan wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:

Correct spot on AERIE .

Simples.

My favourite part of this post is Aerie's initial reference to maintaining social distancing and closed borders, yet the reply starts with 'correct spot on' and then proceeds to pour piss all over social distancing and closed borders.

It narrowly defeated the 'soft dicks and bed wetters' reference, because I have a soft spot for toilet humour, and the fact that Aerie's post was about the resumption of the SANFL, not more overdone hand-wringing about the coronavirus.

Even better is the bit about the NT being totally open for business

We're not. the majority of the NT are no go zones (biosecurity zones) two hour limits in pubs, gyms are on restricted business.

You need to be wary of what you read on various media sources, I 'spose....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

Postby Magellan » Tue May 19, 2020 12:01 pm

am Bays wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:

Correct spot on AERIE .

Simples.

We're not. the majority of the NT are no go zones (biosecurity zones) two hour limits in pubs, gyms are on restricted business.

More bed wetters in the NT, then. Odd, since it's the dry season.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby topshelf » Tue May 19, 2020 4:23 pm

Brett wrote:Topshelf , my point is the clubs need to play games on their ovals to generate revenue match days. Like you said AO will keep the food and drinks revenue and that was my point about them not handing over that . I cant see a spike in memberships if the games are played at AO and members only allowed.

Obviously the best scenario for the clubs is for games to be played at the home grounds with crowds to get match revenue but that's not an option. You asked what's to get excited about it, i listed why. So you would rather the games be played at suburban grounds with no crowds? It's the best option we have if the government will allow it to actually watch a game live this season. Being able to make an extra $100k or more from memberships is better than nothing and selfishly i would love to see my club play in person rather than on the tv.
topshelf
Rookie

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue May 19, 2020 5:22 pm

am Bays wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:

Correct spot on AERIE .

Simples.

\

Correct my friend lets re phrase it the NT is OPEN for business compared to ya snowflake cousins down south.

Quote from below link

"From midday on Friday, most Northern Territory businesses will be able to reopen including pubs, restaurants, cafes, massage parlours, nail salons and yoga studios.
Unlike in other states, there isn’t a restriction on how many patrons a venue can hold, although they will still be required to buy a meal and will be ejected after two hours to make room for the next wave of punters."

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/aust ... ory-2020-5

No restriction on the number of people.

So will they be enforcing the 2 hour rule ???? who knows ????

Any way back to the footy have been itching for 2 months to get back to real footy SANFL.

Bring it on you snowflakes.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby DOC » Tue May 19, 2020 6:23 pm

If there is a "correct spot on Aerie", is there an incorrect spot on him as well?

Seems to me that there is a lot of quoting and referencing of MSM which I thought could not be trusted,?

About the only part of these incessant posts that started on another more relevant forum before they mutated to here is the posters assessment of him/herself.

Simples,
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 2071 times

Postby Brett » Tue May 19, 2020 6:49 pm

topshelf wrote:
Brett wrote:Topshelf , my point is the clubs need to play games on their ovals to generate revenue match days. Like you said AO will keep the food and drinks revenue and that was my point about them not handing over that . I cant see a spike in memberships if the games are played at AO and members only allowed.

Obviously the best scenario for the clubs is for games to be played at the home grounds with crowds to get match revenue but that's not an option. You asked what's to get excited about it, i listed why. So you would rather the games be played at suburban grounds with no crowds? It's the best option we have if the government will allow it to actually watch a game live this season. Being able to make an extra $100k or more from memberships is better than nothing and selfishly i would love to see my club play in person rather than on the tv.

I said why the excitement about returning and playing games at AO. No games will be played at suburban grounds with no crowds. I never said anything about making an extra 100k . Your banking on clubs gaining on average about 1000 new members ? Some dont even have that ? I cant see a huge increase percentage wise like that. Be great if you were right. Revenue will come from home games for clubs.
I would also prefer to see footy live than on TV , just not so sure clubs will make much from being at AO .Like I said they wont be handing over revenue.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue May 19, 2020 6:53 pm

[quote="DOC"]If there is a "correct spot on Aerie", is there an incorrect spot on him as well?

Seems to me that there is a lot of quoting and referencing of MSM which I thought could not be trusted,?

About the only part of these incessant posts that started on another more relevant forum before they mutated to here is the posters assessment of him/herself.

Simples,[/quote

Hey Doc

Go and find ya own SIMPLES

LOL.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby topshelf » Tue May 19, 2020 9:06 pm

Brett wrote:
topshelf wrote:

I said why the excitement about returning and playing games at AO. No games will be played at suburban grounds with no crowds. I never said anything about making an extra 100k . Your banking on clubs gaining on average about 1000 new members ? Some dont even have that ? I cant see a huge increase percentage wise like that. Be great if you were right. Revenue will come from home games for clubs.
I would also prefer to see footy live than on TV , just not so sure clubs will make much from being at AO .Like I said they wont be handing over revenue.

You keep saying like i said. Your question has been answered. It might be a moot point anyway if members aren't allowed at Adelaide Oval which was the most exciting ;) part of the proposal.
topshelf
Rookie

Postby Aerie » Tue May 19, 2020 9:16 pm

DOC wrote:If there is a "correct spot on Aerie", is there an incorrect spot on him as well?

If there is, I'll be sure to get it checked next time I see you, DOC!
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 501 times

Postby Brett » Tue May 19, 2020 9:24 pm

topshelf wrote:
Brett wrote:
topshelf wrote:

You keep saying like i said. Your question has been answered. It might be a moot point anyway if members aren't allowed at Adelaide Oval which was the most exciting ;) part of the proposal.

You included in your reply things I didnt say and havent addressed the 100,000k question. Dont try and wiggle out of your comment and put it back on me.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby topshelf » Tue May 19, 2020 9:39 pm

Brett wrote:You included in your reply things I didnt say and havent addressed the 100,000k question. Dont try and wiggle out of your comment and put it back on me.

Yes i think clubs could gain a thousand members due to being able to attend games this season, compared to playing at Adelaide Oval or suburban grounds and not being able to attend. It definitely wouldn't hurt clubs being able to retain members either.
topshelf
Rookie

Postby Brett » Tue May 19, 2020 11:10 pm

topshelf wrote:
Brett wrote:You included in your reply things I didnt say and havent addressed the 100,000k question. Dont try and wiggle out of your comment and put it back on me.

Yes i think clubs could gain a thousand members due to being able to attend games this season, compared to playing at Adelaide Oval or suburban grounds and not being able to attend. It definitely wouldn't hurt clubs being able to retain members either.

You are losing us. Retention? Mate most members have retained their memberships regardless. I really am struggling with your comment.
Why aren't they members now ? If all the sudden they can go to AO how the hell would that make them a member ? If they go to SANFL footy they are crazy not to be a member. Tell me how many will sign up if they can only go to AO.?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby topshelf » Tue May 19, 2020 11:23 pm

Brett wrote:
topshelf wrote:

You are losing us. Retention? Mate most members have retained their memberships regardless. I really am struggling with your comment.
Why aren't they members now ? If all the sudden they can go to AO how the hell would that make them a member ? If they go to SANFL footy they are crazy not to be a member. Tell me how many will sign up if they can only go to AO.?

How do you know most members have retained their memberships. You're not just struggling with my comment, you're struggling to think properly at all. Not every supporter is a member. When big crowds happen in the finals you now think all of those supporters are members but also according to you clubs don't have over a thousand. Did you forget that only members would be allowed to attend Adelaide Oval in the proposal. That's why the clubs could attract those supporters that want to attend as new members. You're obviously taking the piss.
topshelf
Rookie

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed May 20, 2020 9:11 am

Most supporters aren't members!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby DOC » Wed May 20, 2020 9:42 am

We have about a thousand members but even less supporters.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 2071 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL