Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 27, 2020 9:47 am

tipper wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Booney wrote:South Australia has recorded its first new coronavirus case in 18 days, breaking the state’s streak without active cases.

The woman in her 50s had recently arrived from overseas and had been quarantining in a Victorian hotel.

She had flown into South Australia and was exempt from the state’s 14-day compulsory self-isolation for compassionate reasons.

SA Health says she has very mild symptoms and is now self-isolating.

A good lesson if we intend to open the borders. NO-ONE is exempt.

Better that a few get inconvenienced than all of us.
I have to go back to Sydney in the next month or so. I'll expect to isolate there for 14 days (happy to do it so I don't catch it there!) and then 14 days back here if I come back. Is The Adelaide Club a designated ISO spot?

i think you have misunderstood the governments definition of "closed borders". it isnt the same as what i would define it as...

currently, you can cross the sa border whenever you want. if you are an essential worker, you go about your business. if you are not an essential worker, you get to sign paperwork that states the address you will be staying, and that you will isolate there for 14 days, and be subject to spot checks by sapol. but you still get to cross the border

once they "open" the borders, its open slather. no isolations, no paperwork etc. so if you head back to sydney after they are open, you wont have to do any of it. and technically, as NSW never closed their borders, you could go to sydney (or melbourne as vics borders are open as well) right now and not have to isolate, it would only be on returning to sa that you would have to.

for all for all of the "borders are closed" stuff they have been going on about, it isnt what the majority of people would consider to be closed

I know I obviously don't understand what "borders closed" actually means.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4336 times
Been liked: 7884 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed May 27, 2020 9:49 am

I'm just disappointed u won't want to catch up a beer again when I'm at the footy in Melbourne next :(
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 27, 2020 9:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I know I obviously don't understand what "borders closed" actually means.

Ditto.. I thought closed would mean closed.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3976 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 27, 2020 10:04 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I know I obviously don't understand what "borders closed" actually means.

No, there's "hard" closed and closed. Hard* would be nobody in (without exceptional circumstances as WA have done) or as we have done you can enter but you need a reason and you must isolate for 14 days.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10718 times

Postby tipper » Wed May 27, 2020 10:05 am

The Bedge wrote:

and i agree with you as well. to me closed means berlin wall type situation, no one in or out.

but the government has a different definition they are working to. closed just means its discouraged, but you can cross as long as you agree to isolation etc. i think it is them with the dodgy dictionary to be honest
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 27, 2020 10:21 am

Booney wrote:or as we have done you can enter but you need a reason and you must isolate for 14 days.

I question this part.

My frustration honestly, i'm restricted in so many facets of my life at the moment, I spent almost two months stuck at home, impact of the family etc.. I've got to abide by a bunch of policies and guidelines - half of what don't make sense, but 45,000 people can travel into the state with "a valid reason". How valid can their reason be?

Then take this woman yesterday - basically goes from overseas to Victoria, to Adelaide in the space of a few days like WTF man!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 27, 2020 10:27 am

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:or as we have done you can enter but you need a reason and you must isolate for 14 days.

I question this part.

My frustration honestly, i'm restricted in so many facets of my life at the moment, I spent almost two months stuck at home, impact of the family etc.. I've got to abide by a bunch of policies and guidelines - half of what don't make sense, but 45,000 people can travel into the state with "a valid reason". How valid can their reason be?

Then take this woman yesterday - basically goes from overseas to Victoria, to Adelaide in the space of a few days like WTF man!

To visit someone terminally ill on top of that!!!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed May 27, 2020 10:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Geez mate, surely you could see his comment was tongue in cheek, he even added a wink.

Free kick Geelong.

Read the entire part of this thread, and tell me his first post is tongue in cheek.

BC, Daisy, Jimmy and the silly old sausage Apache have differing views to many of us, it doesn't make anyone any more right or wrong.

I respect their views and BC is a smart arse like most of us on here, yeah we carry on like we're on the frontline sometimes and that was the point he was making, I thought it was out of character for you to get worked up over it mate.

I think it's healthy for all of us to have differing views, I've been a bit precious about the virus but eventually the show must go on as f*** knows how long before a vaccine is sourced.

Everyone is welcome to their view, however when their view is nothing more than a cheap pot shot "You forget Australia" that is a view relative to my post. IMHO - I am entitled to defend my post. You and everyone else is welcome to agree or disagree with my view.

My point in NOT about opinions, my point is about respect. Yep there are plenty of smart arses on here, myself included. But BC's only contribution to the this forum is his classic... "LOL" posts (which I believe make up over 50% of his total posts) or to simply denigrate someone else's contribution.

I'd like to think this forum is better than that, let's leave the low brow, knuckle dragging posts to the good folk at Big Footy!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1270 times
Been liked: 3454 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Wed May 27, 2020 10:38 am

What I don't get is the mocking of this "deadly virus" as if it's not real, doesn't have any impact when the reality is it's the measures Morrison put in place ( which at the time people suspected were too late ) for international arrivals and what the states have done ( most pertinent Marshall for most of us here in SA ) have actually bloody worked, they've actually meant we've not seen anywhere near the worst of it in Australia and particularly South Australia. It's not that it isn't deadly, it's not that it isn't a major threat, it's how we've managed it.

Seems as though some people needed a few hundred deaths to validate the shutdown measures. Meh only 4 dead, open the pubs.

THERE'S ONLY 4 DEAD BECAUSE WE SHUT THE F*CKING PUBS!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10718 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:39 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Geez mate, surely you could see his comment was tongue in cheek, he even added a wink.

Free kick Geelong.

Read the entire part of this thread, and tell me his first post is tongue in cheek.

BC, Daisy, Jimmy and the silly old sausage Apache have differing views to many of us, it doesn't make anyone any more right or wrong.

I respect their views and BC is a smart arse like most of us on here, yeah we carry on like we're on the frontline sometimes and that was the point he was making, I thought it was out of character for you to get worked up over it mate.

I think it's healthy for all of us to have differing views, I've been a bit precious about the virus but eventually the show must go on as f*** knows how long before a vaccine is sourced.

You say I have a differing view to many of you. I don't.
Dont you have to put one of those emoji things on here when you make deliberately provoking assumptive comments?

But you nailed BC............ 8)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Bum Crack » Wed May 27, 2020 10:52 am

Corona Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Free kick Geelong.

Everyone is welcome to their view, however when their view is nothing more than a cheap pot shot "You forget Australia" that is a view relative to my post. IMHO - I am entitled to defend my post. You and everyone else is welcome to agree or disagree with my view.

My point in NOT about opinions, my point is about respect. Yep there are plenty of smart arses on here, myself included. But BC's only contribution to the this forum is his classic... "LOL" posts (which I believe make up over 50% of his total posts) or to simply denigrate someone else's contribution.

I'd like to think this forum is better than that, let's leave the low brow, knuckle dragging posts to the good folk at Big Footy!

Activewear Girl
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Corona Man » Wed May 27, 2020 10:54 am

^ yep, and I was reprimanded and stopped posting on the topic, your next point?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:54 am

Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

No, there's "hard" closed and closed. Hard* would be nobody in (without exceptional circumstances as WA have done) or as we have done you can enter but you need a reason and you must isolate for 14 days.
Many people can get an exemption where no isolation is required to enter our State.
I’ve personally been out 3 times and come back, most recently on Friday when I had to go to Mildura. On the way back in at Yamba I was about 5th in line and was asked a few questions by SAPOL and produced a letter from my work and was signed off to proceed. Process took maybe 5 minutes tops
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3533 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 27, 2020 10:56 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Dont you have to put one of those emoji things on here when you make deliberately provoking assumptive comments?

No I haven't, he hasn't even bought me a drink.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spangas » Wed May 27, 2020 10:59 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Like you need to be bought a drink.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 27, 2020 11:00 am

Spangas wrote:Like you need to be bought a drink.

Beat me to it! :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed May 27, 2020 11:03 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Free kick Geelong.

Correct my friend as I have stated in another post opinions are like ARSEHOLES we all have one it does not mean we are right or wrong.

What I hate is when posters start demonising other posters who have different ideas and side track the issue on hand may be we are deep thinkers LOL.

Any way STATS do not lie.

Two cases of WU HU FLU in SA in nearly SIX FAAARKEN weeks and the BEDWETTERS that rule will not open up the state.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 27, 2020 11:04 am

Corona Man wrote:

You're taking pot shots at him too though.

We're not all going to get along famously here, I try to just avoid those that I clash with so I'm not getting into slanging matches and to actually give them a bit of respect and feel that they can contribute whatever they wont too.

Anyway, each to their own, have a good day and I look forward to the footy banter re-commencing, albeit that it's going to be a weird season that will lack substance.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 27, 2020 11:05 am

Spangas wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Like you need to be bought a drink.

Shoosh!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed May 27, 2020 11:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

You're taking pot shots at him too though.

We're not all going to get along famously here, I try to just avoid those that I clash with so I'm not getting into slanging matches and to actually give them a bit of respect and feel that they can contribute whatever they wont too.

Anyway, each to their own, have a good day and I look forward to the footy banter re-commencing, albeit that it's going to be a weird season that will lack substance.

Yes I am..... now, in response to his. It's human nature.

Welcome to your opinion, as always.
Corona Man
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion