COVID-19

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: COVID-19

Postby Pag » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:51 pm

beef wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
jo172 wrote:Weird to hear this suggestion of "mercenaries".

I've been consistently led to believe on this site that players want to play in the BLG for it's superior atmosphere.

Weird that's no longer the case

Some are mercenries, see players at South Gawler that change clubs every year

The right ones play for the atmosphere and keep returning to the same club year afyer year, pay or no pay, see Tanunda, Nuri Angaston

Good to see you casually throw angaston in there. Had 1 good year and coincidentally the same year the cheque book opened. I'm sure borholm summerton and Shannon signed on for the atmosphere. Good luck to clubs that can afford to outlay that much money each year but no one is buying the play for atmosphere crap. I speak to bomber regularly and I'm sure he'll tell me he loves it so much he can't wait to play for free again in 2021 because of the atmosphere. In fact not sure he's getting $0 in 2020.

The man makes a point.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:31 pm

beef wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I've been consistently led to believe on this site that players want to play in the BLG for it's superior atmosphere.

The right ones play for the atmosphere and keep returning to the same club year afyer year, pay or no pay, see Tanunda, Nuri Angaston

Good to see you casually throw angaston in there. Had 1 good year and coincidentally the same year the cheque book opened. I'm sure borholm summerton and Shannon signed on for the atmosphere. Good luck to clubs that can afford to outlay that much money each year but no one is buying the play for atmosphere crap. I speak to bomber regularly and I'm sure he'll tell me he loves it so much he can't wait to play for free again in 2021 because of the atmosphere. In fact not sure he's getting $0 in 2020.

Well they are all comiong back so....
Your right he'd be getting travel money and a steak and if he plays well he'll get a bit of drinking money.
Fact remains most clubs have a very good retention rate once they get players that fit in
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Q. » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:01 pm

beef wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

These clubs have been blatantly breaching the salary cap when there was one, no reason they won't continue to do so in spite of the new rule for 2020
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:13 pm

Q. wrote:
beef wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

These clubs have been blatantly breaching the salary cap when there was one, no reason they won't continue to do so in spite of the new rule for 2020
And?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Yank Man » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:00 pm

Just an interesting question to those I’m sure have an answer for. What happens if a player, or several players, test positive to Covid19 in Adelaide Footy League.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby The Bedge » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:19 pm

Yank Man wrote:Just an interesting question to those I’m sure have an answer for. What happens if a player, or several players, test positive to Covid19 in Adelaide Footy League.

We shouldn’t dive down the rabbit hole of “what if’s” :D

Positive vibes only good Yank x
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:25 pm

Yank Man wrote:Just an interesting question to those I’m sure have an answer for. What happens if a player, or several players, test positive to Covid19 in Adelaide Footy League.

Despite there being no cases in the community for 2 months here....

Same thing that would happen at the supermarket, office, Bunnings etc etc except it would be much easier to identify who was at a footy ground
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Yank Man » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:47 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Despite there being no cases in the community for 2 months here....

Same thing that would happen at the supermarket, office, Bunnings etc etc except it would be much easier to identify who was at a footy ground

Understand all that Dutchy, I was thinking more along the lines of we open our borders, let the other States in, especially Victorians, then an outbreak comes and players get infected. Does it mean we shut down clubs until an outcome is reached. How does it affect fixtures, do we shut down the comps, that type of thing. Let’s face it no league has AFL resources.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:47 pm

I think IF there was another case, we let it run it’s course. We had low numbers to begin with, we are currently at zero, should we receive one now you’d think it would be pretty easy to apply some measures around that person/club to minimise the impact.

It’s not going to go away any time soon, but I think we are in as good a position as anyone to move forward.

Play on.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby zedman » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:01 pm

South Australia will soon allow a two-square-metre per person rule for venues, making it one of the most open states in the country.

From Monday June 29, venues such as pubs, clubs and hotels will no longer have a blanket limit on venues and will instead refer to floor size.

Premier Steven Marshall said the South Australia's domestic borders will remain closed, especially the border it shares with Victoria.

"South Australia continues to have an excellent record," Mr Marshall said.

"We're the envy of the entire country, quite frankly I think we are the envy of the world."

https://www.9news.com.au/national/austr ... f07e571c04
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:10 pm

I know Virgin and Qantas have been involved in talks with Marshall and his Tasmanian counterpart to operate direct flights between SA and TAS to avoid going through Melbourne or Sydney
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:15 pm

zedman wrote:South Australia will soon allow a two-square-metre per person rule for venues, making it one of the most open states in the country

Trust the process. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby zedman » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:33 pm

The Bedge wrote:
zedman wrote:South Australia will soon allow a two-square-metre per person rule for venues, making it one of the most open states in the country

Trust the process. 8)

New Footy Season Format Options for 2020
Postby zedman » Fri May 08, 2020 2:16 pm

there will be bars, bbqs and canteens..trust the process..

word..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby locky801 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:10 pm

zedman wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Trust the process. 8)

New Footy Season Format Options for 2020
Postby zedman » Fri May 08, 2020 2:16 pm

there will be bars, bbqs and canteens..trust the process..

word..

Yep Broadies BBQ roster released today :D
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby scottroo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:33 am

Portland have withdrawn for season 2020
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:18 pm

The no standing up consumption rule being brought back in is going to put a strain on clubs in the second half of the season.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Executive Member » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:37 pm

jo172 wrote:The no standing up consumption rule being brought back in is going to put a strain on clubs in the second half of the season.

do what the Vic ammos do - don't serve alcohol during games - only in club rooms after the game

then no strain - if you are relying on serving alcohol to pay the bills in this environment then you have a very poor financial set up
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:45 pm

Executive Member wrote:
jo172 wrote:The no standing up consumption rule being brought back in is going to put a strain on clubs in the second half of the season.

do what the Vic ammos do - don't serve alcohol during games - only in club rooms after the game

then no strain - if you are relying on serving alcohol to pay the bills in this environment then you have a very poor financial set up

What a stupid idea.

Go sit in the corner and think about your actions.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:49 pm

Indeed, shame on any club that might not have the immediate dexterity to turn on the radius of a five cent coin as to an ever evolving and unprecedented situation.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:53 pm

jo172 wrote:Indeed, shame on any club that might not have the immediate dexterity to turn on the radius of a five cent coin as to an ever evolving and unprecedented situation.

Yeah..................I think.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League