I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:50 am

MW wrote:My youngest every now and then walks up and says "I'm barracking for Port now" just to get my reaction...little shits :lol:

:lol:

my eldest goes for about four teams. but none are the filthy cheats the bulldogs so i can let that slide haha
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:58 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
MW wrote:My youngest every now and then walks up and says "I'm barracking for Port now" just to get my reaction...little shits :lol:

my eldest goes for about four teams. but none are the filthy cheats the bulldogs so i can let that slide haha
I’ll just leave this here ;)

https://youtu.be/331aWvUaAmc
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:08 am

Jim05 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

I’ll just leave this here ;)

https://youtu.be/331aWvUaAmc

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby The Ash Man » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:57 am

My lad goes for whoever is convenient for him at the time

With me he's Lions, my Dad it's Richmond and his Mum it's Cows
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:00 am

The Ash Man wrote:My lad goes for whoever is convenient for him at the time

With me he's Lions, my Dad it's Richmond and his Mum it's Cows

Smart lad.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:06 pm

My lad is a Tigers man apparently.

For some reason, I am on board with this.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MW » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:42 pm

I need to know what people think I should do...

Got an email at work yesterday from a colleague from another department asking progress from my department on his outstanding jobs that we need to action. He ended the email with "I have an opportunity for your department which would save you 25k p.a., only a paper based change you can do instantly and claim the savings. I will hold off telling you what it is until I see progress on my jobs"

To me that's blackmail... or am I exaggerating?

What should I do? First instincts is to go straight to HR and have the c..t fired
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1846 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:47 pm

MW wrote:I need to know what people think I should do...

Got an email at work yesterday from a colleague from another department asking progress from my department on his outstanding jobs that we need to action. He ended the email with "I have an opportunity for your department which would save you 25k p.a., only a paper based change you can do instantly and claim the savings. I will hold off telling you what it is until I see progress on my jobs"

What should I do? First instincts is to go straight to HR and have the c..t fired

F*** that stinks of the printer cartridge fiasco that got Public Servants sacked in 2012-2013.

If you are part of the SA Public Service I would be reporting that
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:55 pm

I would, without hesitation, reply to his email and cc in the HR manager or relevant line manager and address it to the HR/Line manager not the sender of the email. No question.

Good afternoon *****,

Can you please consider the below correspondence I have received from *****.

My understanding is that this would be considered blackmail, can you please confirm?

Regards
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby MW » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:00 pm

Not government but worse...manufacturing sector
Yeah it's a tough one. Might have a word to him first and make sure he's not trying to be cute with it. Large company, would not be ideal to get labelled a snitch.
If he backs it up in person with the same attitude then yeah will go to his line manager first and to be honest knowing who it is, he'd be in more trouble with him than HR.
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:04 pm

Not a bad way to go about it, but I'd be printing the email as well.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby DOC » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:56 pm

I would be actioning it on Monday. Act in haste repent in leisure.

I also think using the term Blackmail will leave little or no room to manoeuvre should it be not as sinister as you think.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:23 am

Booney wrote:

I would, without hesitation, reply to his email and cc in the HR manager or relevant line manager and address it to the HR/Line manager not the sender of the email. No question.

Good afternoon *****,

Can you please consider the below correspondence I have received from *****.

My understanding is that this would be considered blackmail, can you please confirm?

Regards

But they are not asking for a financial payment from you, more like just a c$$t.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby tipper » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:26 am

Blackmail doesnt have to be about extracting money though.

I agree with others though. Not sure id jump straight to that point.

Id definitely report him to the higher ups though, if he really does have a way for the business to save money that easily, and hes keeping it to himself im sure they will want to know about it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:09 pm

Sounds dodgy.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11841 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Oaksnaf » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:15 pm

From my experience:

I wouldn't take this further at the moment. Unless he really goes down the mocking/hiding/condescending line. And then you can approach the issue as one that is deliberately damaging the companies bottom line by not divulging potential company savings. If you go in to bat on a personal level, it can get treated quite differently. But depends how you feel.

My approach is:

1) Reply with confidence that your department will deliver on the job as expected. Back your team/yourself in.
2) Note that any saving for any department is beneficial to the company as a whole. And that if there was any saving to be had in their department you would advising without any strings attached. Savings like this are important for everyone and so is working as a team.
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 291 times

Postby MW » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:28 pm

Thanks for the advice lads
I've replied asking him to prioritise the jobs he wants worked on and in the meantime to pass on the opportunity he's holding out on.
If nothing by mid next week the reply will be including his manager and mine
MW
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:45 am

A bit of a pick of some brains here, I've had a plan in place for a few years to wait for my son to turn 18 then I was going to move to one of our Queensland plants.

But once again my name has been thrown around for a significant role, this time for role in a brand new plant in Victoria, I have until the 28th to apply.

Of course it's going to be a while I assume before I can physically work there (which would be a huge bonus for me), can anyone brief me what it's like to live away from family? I'm comfortable in my own company and don't need people around me to function as a person.

My marriage is already shagged and I have little interest in flogging a dead horse, the distance might even rejuvenate it and rid it of the debris that ruined it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:01 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:A bit of a pick of some brains here, I've had a plan in place for a few years to wait for my son to turn 18 then I was going to move to one of our Queensland plants.

But once again my name has been thrown around for a significant role, this time for role in a brand new plant in Victoria, I have until the 28th to apply.

Of course it's going to be a while I assume before I can physically work there (which would be a huge bonus for me), can anyone brief me what it's like to live away from family? I'm comfortable in my own company and don't need people around me to function as a person.

My marriage is already shagged and I have little interest in flogging a dead horse, the distance might even rejuvenate it and rid it of the debris that ruined it.

Me, I couldn't do it, I'm a creature of habit, I'd be lost without family and friends around, my own bed, my bar fridge, etc.

My brother, pre COVID, was driving 3000-4000kms a month through regional Victoria/Sunraysia and spent 3 out of every 4 weeks on the road going from schnitzel to schnitzel and hotel to hotel. He managed it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:16 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:A bit of a pick of some brains here, I've had a plan in place for a few years to wait for my son to turn 18 then I was going to move to one of our Queensland plants.

Come on in, the water's fine!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion