Port Adelaide 2020

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:59 pm

Booney wrote:There's a reason that reading is one word and comprehension is another.

As Public Enemy once said, "Don't Believe The Hype". Far too early for that shit. As a Cats supporter, i know all about it so i have experience on this :lol:
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:29 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:There's a reason that reading is one word and comprehension is another.

As Public Enemy once said, "Don't Believe The Hype". Far too early for that shit. As a Cats supporter, i know all about it so i have experience on this :lol:

He said with some of the stars / consistent performers either 30 or over and the unpredictability of this season now's the time to pinch one. He's right.

Boak, Gray, Westhoff, Ebert, Dixon, all 30 or older don't have their best footy ahead of them and the next generation is 2-3 years away.

I think we'll be competitive again next year but we'll drop off after that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:32 pm

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Show me all the other coaches that have done that?
Did Malthouse do that when he broke the record?
Most coaches dont even get in the circle for the song. Was a big me, me, me moment

Wherever Hinkley has coached the playing group have loved him, Geelong, Gold Coast and Port, clearly the players wanted to celebrate his achievement, take your misery elsewhere.

I'd rather have Hinkley joking it up in the club song than Hardwick blaming the opposition coach for yet another ugly Richmond game that was somehow the oppo's fault again. You need to be fair to daisy though Boon, watching Hawthorn every week this season would be enough to make anyone miserable.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:33 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Show me all the other coaches that have done that?
Did Malthouse do that when he broke the record?
Most coaches dont even get in the circle for the song. Was a big me, me, me moment

Wherever Hinkley has coached the playing group have loved him, Geelong, Gold Coast and Port, clearly the players wanted to celebrate his achievement, take your misery elsewhere.

I'd rather have Hinkley joking it up in the club song than Hardwick blaming the opposition coach for yet another ugly Richmond game that was somehow the oppo's fault again. You need to be fair to daisy though Boon, watching Hawthorn every week this season would be enough to make anyone miserable.

regards,

REB

More*
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:33 pm

Your flag to lose Boon! :D

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:37 pm

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

He said with some of the stars / consistent performers either 30 or over and the unpredictability of this season now's the time to pinch one. He's right.

Boak, Gray, Westhoff, Ebert, Dixon, all 30 or older don't have their best footy ahead of them and the next generation is 2-3 years away.

I think we'll be competitive again next year but we'll drop off after that.

They say that about Geelong every year. I have plenty of teams in front of Power.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:01 pm

Geelong win it, short season, short games, old bodies won't wear out like they have, Ablett's last crack, perhaps Dangerfield's last crack, Selwood and Hawkins would want one to go out on. $10. Money for jam.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:03 pm

Booney wrote:Geelong win it, short season, short games, old bodies won't wear out like they have, Ablett's last crack, perhaps Dangerfield's last crack, Selwood and Hawkins would want one to go out on. $10. Money for jam.

Yep just like every year around this time. Unfortunately, you need to win prelim finals if you want to win a flag. That counts us out. One thing is guaranteed though, we will beat Pies tonight.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:07 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:Geelong win it, short season, short games, old bodies won't wear out like they have, Ablett's last crack, perhaps Dangerfield's last crack, Selwood and Hawkins would want one to go out on. $10. Money for jam.

Yep just like every year around this time. Unfortunately, you need to win prelim finals if you want to win a flag. That counts us out. One thing is guaranteed though, we will beat Pies tonight.

Hopefully for my 9 leg SGM :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Hopefully for my 9 leg SGM :lol:

That reminds me. Better put one on myself.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:19 pm

Bum Crack wrote:That reminds me. Better put one on myself.

It just gives me another reason to hate life :lol: :lol:

Had a 9 legger for the Richmond vs Sydney game, I think the under/over was about 110.5, dickhead me went over, I knew I stuffed up, it was the only failure.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:51 pm

Tredrea is horrible in the media, everyone was talking about Port age profile 3-4 weeks ago.

He also said on radio the other day, now that quarters have reduced from 22 mins to 16 mins.. :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:Tredrea is horrible in the media, everyone was talking about Port age profile 3-4 weeks ago.

He also said on radio the other day, now that quarters have reduced from 22 mins to 16 mins.. :lol:

Agree, he is hopeless!

How he keeps his job on Channel 9 is mind blowing, he makes that many mistakes it is laughable!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby LMA » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:01 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Tredrea is horrible in the media, everyone was talking about Port age profile 3-4 weeks ago.

Agree, he is hopeless!

How he keeps his job on Channel 9 is mind blowing, he makes that many mistakes it is laughable!

"That's Sport"
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:04 pm

Bum Crack wrote: One thing is guaranteed though, we will beat Pies tonight.

This aged well
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:43 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote: One thing is guaranteed though, we will beat Pies tonight.

This aged well

We suck :oops:
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:25 pm

Port Adelaides response to Cornes'article is pure gold. Bravo Port Bravo! :lol:

The Port Adelaide Football Club is ecstatic to welcome Graham Cornes on board as an official ambassador of the club.

By portadelaidefc.com.au - 3 hrs ago

Graham Cornes has been bestowed the honour of official Port Adelaide Football Club ambassador thanks to his relentless endeavour to promote the club throughout his playing, coaching and media career.
Port Adelaide is delighted to announce this morning that Graham Cornes has been welcomed as an official ambassador of the club.

In fact, it is just one of many privileges Port Adelaide has bestowed upon the inaugural Adelaide Crows coach who was unceremoniously sacked by the club in 1994.

A Port Adelaide spokesperson said this morning it was now time to formally acknowledge the legacy of Cornes.

“After great consideration the club is delighted to welcome Graham officially as a Port Adelaide Football Club ambassador,” the spokesperson said.

“This morning’s article in The Advertiser titled ‘Stick it up your jumper’ is the 16,334th article Graham has written about the Port Adelaide Football Club which is remarkable given he’s only written 16,339 articles in his entire journalistic career.

“And no doubt this morning on Adelaide radio he will add to his 226,788 minutes of commentary on Port Adelaide that has dominated his 30-year radio career.

“To that end, we cannot think of someone who has discussed, promoted and elevated our club more than Graham so it is only the right thing that we welcome him on board in an official ambassadorial capacity.”

The club spokesperson said Port Adelaide’s recognition of Cornes would not stop there.

“Given Graham’s intimate knowledge of the history of our club it would be remiss of the club not to include him on our history committee,” the spokesperson said.

“Graham’s level of knowledge of our club is extraordinary, and without doubt he has become the oracle of Port Adelaide. As a result, we are proud to elevate Graham to Chairman of our History Committee effective immediately.

“However, we have saved the most prestigious and significant accolade of all to last.

“For his extraordinary contribution to the premiership success of Port Adelaide, we are excited to announce that the club will make a formal submission to the club’s Hall of Fame committee that Graham be elevated to the Port Adelaide Football Club Hall of Fame.

“It’s been something we’ve been considering for some time but the time feels right now. Graham has had an incredible impact on our club’s success. He has personally contributed to a remarkable five Port Adelaide premierships.

“When you think of our SANFL Grand Final victories of 1977, 1981, 1988 and 1990 one name always comes to mind – Graham Cornes.

“And then you fast forward to our greatest achievement of all time, the 2004 AFL premiership. Graham contributed again through his brilliant sons Chad and Kane both playing starring roles in our success.

“Today is a special day. We are delighted to welcome Graham to our club as official ambassador, Chairman of our History Committee and a potential inductee into our Hall of Fame.

“And thanks to the promotion from Graham our Black-and-white Prison Bar petition has gained further traction as we look to surpass 40,000 signatures in the coming weeks.”

Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:10 pm

We love Cornsey.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:12 am

I reckon if Marshall or Dixon had goaled late, Port would’ve lost.

Carlton were all over them in the centre clearances I felt and looked very dangerous up forward.. with the 6-6-6 restart, had they won the clearance I think they would’ve found an avenue to goal.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:25 am

The Bedge wrote:I reckon if Marshall or Dixon had goaled late, Port would’ve lost.

Carlton were all over them in the centre clearances I felt and looked very dangerous up forward.. with the 6-6-6 restart, had they won the clearance I think they would’ve found an avenue to goal.

Nah, nothing was getting past the skipper .... his last 10 minutes were brilliant. Gray might have kicked the winning goal, but Jonas was the true hero yesterday.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL