Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Psyber » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:I hate the real estate and used car game, that's what they are, games and nobody plays a straight bat or down the line, it's all smoke and windows behind mirrors.

Like when a house is from $419K to $439K, why the 20K difference, are they chucking in dental or steak knives?

Basically, what a house can get is what somebody wants it enough to pay. Two years ago I made an offer of more than I thought a fair price could be on a place I liked and somebody topped me by $20K. Funnily enough, I later bought a larger and more practical house on a similar size large block nearby for $55K less than my offer on the first one...

Cars are the same. It can go anywhere if you find a keen collector. In 1983 I bought a car for $60k and sold it in 1987 for $86K. Admittedly it was an uncommon Porsche model. Generally however cars go down and fast,

(I wish I still owned the 1969 Bathurst model Monaro HK 327 I had from 1969 to 1975 though - to sell now.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:39 pm

RE industry is very transient industry, have dealt with a number thru work for a few years, there are some good people in the industry but they are hard to find. I think this is because it is a relatively easy industry to enter.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby JK » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:57 pm

Dutchy wrote:RE industry is very transient industry, have dealt with a number thru work for a few years, there are some good people in the industry but they are hard to find. I think this is because it is a relatively easy industry to enter.

Yes and no, I don't think it's easy to enter as such (but not say as difficult as the mines or Firies, industry specifics aside). It's a tough game to do well out of though. Most places put you on a retainer which accrues, gets reduced via commissions earned but also increases with some expenses (portion of marketing costs etc). My missus worked at one place, via sales probably made them $100k-$200k in a year while earning a $50k retainer, but when she left she had a debt of $30k with them (gets wiped if you leave the company, or in some cases downgrade your position with them).

Definitely plenty of good people in the industry, but like most you have to get to the top to really do well out of it, and there aint a lot of spaces available up there.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:59 pm

JK wrote:
Dutchy wrote:RE industry is very transient industry, have dealt with a number thru work for a few years, there are some good people in the industry but they are hard to find. I think this is because it is a relatively easy industry to enter.

Yes and no, I don't think it's easy to enter as such (but not say as difficult as the mines or Firies, industry specifics aside). It's a tough game to do well out of though. Most places put you on a retainer which accrues, gets reduced via commissions earned but also increases with some expenses (portion of marketing costs etc). My missus worked at one place, via sales probably made them $100k-$200k in a year while earning a $50k retainer, but when she left she had a debt of $30k with them (gets wiped if you leave the company, or in some cases downgrade your position with them).

Definitely plenty of good people in the industry, but like most you have to get to the top to really do well out of it, and there aint a lot of spaces available up there.

And work your arse off and have no social life and be willing to work 7am to 7pm 7 days a week.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby JK » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:06 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

And work your arse off and have no social life and be willing to work 7am to 7pm 7 days a week.

Yeah there's that, but then one of my mates whos been selling for years (you'd know him too I reckon) can be found at the pub for about 2 hours most afternoons lol.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:14 pm

this is potentially an OCD thing, but...

It shits me to tears when I ask someone to read out their credit card details and they read it out in blocks of 3 numbers.

THE EFFING CARD SHOWS BLOCKS OF 4 NUMBERS - WHY THE F*** CANT YOU JUST READ IT THE WAY IT READS ON THE CARD? :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:16 pm

Footy Chick wrote:this is potentially an OCD thing, but...

It shits me to tears when I ask someone to read out their credit card details and they read it out in blocks of 3 numbers.

THE EFFING CARD SHOWS BLOCKS OF 4 NUMBERS - WHY THE F*** CANT YOU JUST READ IT THE WAY IT READS ON THE CARD? [emoji38]
How are you with Mobile numbers then?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby RB » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:43 pm

THE EFFING CARD SHOWS BLOCKS OF 4 NUMBERS - WHY THE F*** CANT YOU JUST READ IT THE WAY IT READS ON THE CARD? [emoji38]
My bugbear is ABNs with the wrong spacing - it should be 2-3-3-3.

Or where people strand numbers for no reason.

An example of which would be (for phone number 8200 1234):

"820...0123...........4"

Seriously triggers me. I propose a re-education camp for folks who can't complete simple tasks such as reading strings of numbers in a logical way (I allow that in some instances there may be more than one logical way).
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:56 pm

Could be worse, you could be a bar tender and people could order one drink at a time. :evil:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:13 pm

Stephan K NOLL

the 'K' should be silent you muppet
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby RB » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:18 pm

I k-now what you mean.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:25 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Stephan K NOLL

While you're on it, whats with silent letters anyway? If they are silent, get rid if them!
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:51 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

How are you with Mobile numbers then?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

oh terrible, I worked for telstra for 5 years so if you don't give your number as 4 - 3 - 3, I can't deal with it :lol:

Yes, also the same with ABNs RB:lol:

They appear they way they do for a reason - DONT MESS WITH IT :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:25 pm

THE EFFING CARD SHOWS BLOCKS OF 4 NUMBERS - WHY THE F*** CANT YOU JUST READ IT THE WAY IT READS ON THE CARD? :lol:
Because unfortunately most people who are collecting card details are of a non English background and you end up repeating the numbers 15 bloody times!
I had one the other day and I had to stop at each digit as the Indian lass on the phone misinterpreted every number
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:29 am

When people say "oh" not "zero".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:36 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Stephan K NOLL

While you're on it, whats with silent letters anyway? If they are silent, get rid if them!

You probably wouldn't get on well with the French, then. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby tipper » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:50 am

Booney wrote:

Zero dear...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:13 am

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:

Zero dear...

Guilty!
I say my mobile number as oh, four, oh, four....... all the time.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:35 pm

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Psyber » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:17 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:

Zero dear...

Guilty!
I say my mobile number as oh, four, oh, four....... all the time.

I suspect the "oh" is of English origin and the "zero" is from the US -like "lift" and "elevator".
While I tend to stick to English I use "zero" because it is more clear and distinct.

I read credit cards out in fours and go 4-3-3 for mobile numbers.
Having a rhythmn helps the processing in the brain, but on the other hand individuals have different limits on how many digits they can recall in one block - it may work as a rough IQ test...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion