COVID-19

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: COVID-19

Postby laser » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:57 am

Footy Chick wrote:
laser wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Stay in your car, OR BYO chair - it's not hard...

As much as I'd like it to be about me; it's about making money for the club without risking the health of our patrons and further to that stuffing up with the ever changing rules being imposed.

Sorry laser, that wasn't aimed at you, it was a generalisation :lol: I'm just not quite sure why people think it's harder to sit and drink than it is to stand and drink ;)

Good point, I can drink from/in any position. :-)
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Executive Member » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:21 am

jo172 wrote:There is another issue surrounding enforcement that's really to one side of the financial ramifications.

Namely, when your licensed premises is in the middle of a public park there's obviously extreme difficulty in preventing the BYO crowd. The licensee has the ability to control the alcohol it sells. I suspect that we will explore a no taking alcohol outside strategy this week for example.

I just don't want to get a $5,000 fine for a **** who has brought their own into the licensed areas (that in itself of course being unlawful)

That is where if you do as Vic Ammos and don't sell any grog during the game and then only sell to your own in a controlled bar environment you cant get stung with the fine - well you at least have a defense

I will leave that to you and Shrek to debate as professionals, as my bush lawyers degree didn't cover this topic 8)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:50 am

Did you just use Shrek and professional in the same sentence :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:35 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
jo172 wrote:There is another issue surrounding enforcement that's really to one side of the financial ramifications.

Namely, when your licensed premises is in the middle of a public park there's obviously extreme difficulty in preventing the BYO crowd. The licensee has the ability to control the alcohol it sells. I suspect that we will explore a no taking alcohol outside strategy this week for example.

I just don't want to get a $5,000 fine for a **** who has brought their own into the licensed areas (that in itself of course being unlawful)

Just hand them any fine that their unlawfulness causes the club to receive.

Not much of a supporter if they're not actually supporting the club by bringing their own booze

I disagree with that comment.
I dont think there is an issue with someone bringing their own beers to the oval and sitting across the other side of the oval and watching the game.
Majority of the time those same people will come in after the game and have a few beers over the bar or stay the night. In turn supporting the club.
Drinking during the A's then all night at the club can get very expensive as alot of us would know.
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
jo172 wrote:Indeed, shame on any club that might not have the immediate dexterity to turn on the radius of a five cent coin as to an ever evolving and unprecedented situation.

Yeah..................I think.

Try him after a few beers on a Saturday night 8-[
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby jo172 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:29 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Just hand them any fine that their unlawfulness causes the club to receive.

Not much of a supporter if they're not actually supporting the club by bringing their own booze

And it's a good thing that it's completely unheard of for a visiting club supporter/member not to support the home club by bringing their own booze.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:37 pm

How have others found the season?

It's been a season like no other - I feel tired already, like we have already played a full season. Starting with the training restrictions.. then Injuries have been the worst I've seen, now uncertainty arising around the remainder of the season.. but..

If I could go back in time, i'd do it all again.

Being able to get out and play/coach/spectate footy has given life a level of normality. Footy/sport is so much more than just running around for fitness - the social side, the connections, the emotions.. the ability for even just a couple hours a weekend, switch off from your troubles in life, work related stress, whatever and just enjoy life.

Watching the kids run around playing - they grow up so quickly, they love every minute... nothing better
The emotional roller coaster of coaching.. the wins, the losses.. the beers.

I would hate to think where i'd be if the season had been scraped completely, and any roadblocks that pop up i'm sure we will navigate our way through as best we can coz it's what we do.. for the love of the game.

4 more weeks to go.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:How have others found the season?

Judging by the games I've watched on dartfish most of the players look heavier.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I preferred your previous comment! :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:23 pm

It's been a season like no other - I feel tired already, like we have already played a full season. Starting with the training restrictions.. then Injuries have been the worst I've seen, now uncertainty arising around the remainder of the season.. but..

If I could go back in time, i'd do it all again.

Being able to get out and play/coach/spectate footy has given life a level of normality. Footy/sport is so much more than just running around for fitness - the social side, the connections, the emotions.. the ability for even just a couple hours a weekend, switch off from your troubles in life, work related stress, whatever and just enjoy life.

Watching the kids run around playing - they grow up so quickly, they love every minute... nothing better
The emotional roller coaster of coaching.. the wins, the losses.. the beers.

I would hate to think where i'd be if the season had been scraped completely, and any roadblocks that pop up i'm sure we will navigate our way through as best we can coz it's what we do.. for the love of the game.

4 more weeks to go.

Do you think they will keep it going that long? what happens is season is postponed? Will it be cancelled altogether with no premiers?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Pag » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Not lying. :oops:
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:27 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Do you think they will keep it going that long? what happens is season is postponed? Will it be cancelled altogether with no premiers?

If postponed, I think it'll get scrapped.. if it's scrapped I suspect it'll go same way as cricket and the minor premier will be awarded the premiership.

Just my thoughts.

I think we can get through 4 more weeks at least.

STAY POSITIVE! :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:28 pm

Pag wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Sympathy pregnancy? :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Pag » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:29 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Do you think they will keep it going that long? what happens is season is postponed? Will it be cancelled altogether with no premiers?

If postponed, I think it'll get scrapped.. if it's scrapped I suspect it'll go same way as cricket and the minor premier will be awarded the premiership.

Just my thoughts.

I think we can get through 4 more weeks at least.

STAY POSITIVE! :D

No premier if scrapped. Can't award a flag without a GF IMO.
Pag
Coach

Postby Pag » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:30 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Pag wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Sympathy pregnancy? :P

I probably shouldn't be playing while pregnant, but I figure it's only a few more games and I'm playing forward anyway. ;)
Pag
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:34 pm

Pag wrote:No premier if scrapped. Can't award a flag without a GF IMO.

@zedman what you reckon? :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:37 pm

Agree Bedge with your comments about returning to normal winter life with our footy fix. However with 4 minor round games to go it almost feels like a normal season to this point with the amount of work administrators and volunteers have dealt with to get us this far. Here's hoping we can get through the next 4 weeks and finals without any further COVID hassles. If we are forced to cancel any games in the remaining weeks due to the real threat of a second wave then I'm afraid that will be all she wrote for 2020.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:35 pm

Good Morning All

Clubs SA has now received the SAPol Commissioner’s latest Direction and we can advise that from Midnight tonight the following restrictions will be introduced:

• Patrons must be seated when eating and/or drinking inside or directly outside (beer gardens, balconies etc) the club venue itself.

• Food and beverage can be purchased from a service area or similar within the club and then taken to a table. Table service can also be provided;

• Patrons cannot stand or sit and drink at the bar;

• Food and beverage can continue to be purchased by spectators at sporting matches, however while all food and non-alcoholic beverages can be consumed while standing, alcoholic beverages must be consumed while seated;

• 8ball, pool and darts can continue to be played providing all food and drink is consumed while seated

In effect everything else remains unchanged at this stage. For example bingo, TAB, raffles, seated entertainment can continue under the current conditions.

As always if you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to call.

Mike Penfold
CEO
Clubs SA
The Bedge
Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:35 am

Executive Member wrote:
jo172 wrote:The no standing up consumption rule being brought back in is going to put a strain on clubs in the second half of the season.

do what the Vic ammos do - don't serve alcohol during games - only in club rooms after the game

then no strain - if you are relying on serving alcohol to pay the bills in this environment then you have a very poor financial set up

As an aside for a period a few years ago after an incident our committee took the pledge and swore off the grog during matches.

You quickly discover how little you enjoy both amateur football and the company of your fellow members without the beer. :lol:
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:11 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I preferred your previous comment! :lol:

:lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League