COVID-19

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: COVID-19

Postby Executive Member » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:52 am

jo172 wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
jo172 wrote:The no standing up consumption rule being brought back in is going to put a strain on clubs in the second half of the season.

do what the Vic ammos do - don't serve alcohol during games - only in club rooms after the game

then no strain - if you are relying on serving alcohol to pay the bills in this environment then you have a very poor financial set up

As an aside for a period a few years ago after an incident our committee took the pledge and swore off the grog during matches.

You quickly discover how little you enjoy both amateur football and the company of your fellow members without the beer. :lol:

should have kept the grog but hidden the bbq utensils 8)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:46 pm

Was just told Kilburn's training was shut down last night due to the local covid case
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:53 pm

jo172 wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
jo172 wrote:The no standing up consumption rule being brought back in is going to put a strain on clubs in the second half of the season.

do what the Vic ammos do - don't serve alcohol during games - only in club rooms after the game

then no strain - if you are relying on serving alcohol to pay the bills in this environment then you have a very poor financial set up

As an aside for a period a few years ago after an incident our committee took the pledge and swore off the grog during matches.

You quickly discover how little you enjoy both amateur football and the company of your fellow members without the beer. :lol:

I was going to stand on the PNU balcony this week.
It wont be anywhere near the usual fun if the PNU people aren't maggoted
Or are you going to put chairs out?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Pag » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:58 pm

Arch44 wrote:Was just told Kilburn's training was shut down last night due to the local covid case

Heard this too. PAE council directed?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:07 pm

Maybe they're just running out of players :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:52 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

I was going to stand on the PNU balcony this week.
It wont be anywhere near the usual fun if the PNU people aren't maggoted
Or are you going to put chairs out?

TBD.

Suffice to say this will require substantial cultural change.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:38 pm

Pag wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Was just told Kilburn's training was shut down last night due to the local covid case

Not sure, but the club is now closed for the next 48 hours.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:41 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Pag wrote:

It was a Kilburn decision as a safety precaution.

Obviously the club is only a couple hundred metres from the reported alert locations, and the club is frequented by local community members who use the grounds for soccer etc., so was best to mitigate risk by closing the club, cleaning and being ready to go end of the week.

Although I preferred the "lack of players" reason I suggested. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby locky801 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:41 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Pag wrote:

Maybe doing a big clean, hope there are no issues there
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3695 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:43 pm

locky801 wrote:Maybe doing a big clean

Can start by getting rid of Galbraith. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:55 am

The Bedge wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Pag wrote:

It was a Kilburn decision as a safety precaution.
d restrictions that apply to everyone)
Obviously the club is only a couple hundred metres from the reported alert locations, and the club is frequented by local community members who use the grounds for soccer etc., so was best to mitigate risk by closing the club, cleaning and being ready to go end of the week.

Although I preferred the "lack of players" reason I suggested. 8)

This was exactly the reason.

The board thought it better to act out of an abundance of caution.

The council and SA Health were consulted but the decision was left in our hands. We expect everything to be back to normal by Saturday (albeit with the tighter COVID restrictions that apply to everyone).
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:25 pm

I get it's no one's fault but is anyone else a tiny bit aggrieved that the Police Commissioner wouldn't extent an exception to people standing up with alcohol at an outdoor sporting event during the event?

I remain concerned it's placing all sport other than that at Adelaide Oval at a high compliance burden.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby locky801 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:39 pm

jo172 wrote:I get it's no one's fault but is anyone else a tiny bit aggrieved that the Police Commissioner wouldn't extent an exception to people standing up with alcohol at an outdoor sporting event during the event?

I remain concerned it's placing all sport other than that at Adelaide Oval at a high compliance burden.

is what it is, no use complaining about it all though many are
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3695 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:43 pm

jo172 wrote:I get it's no one's fault but is anyone else a tiny bit aggrieved that the Police Commissioner wouldn't extent an exception to people standing up with alcohol at an outdoor sporting event during the event?

I'll say it again, why is it so hard for people to sit down with a can of sponsors product?

I just don't get it
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Executive Member » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:46 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

I'll say it again, why is it so hard for people to sit down with a can of sponsors product?

I just don't get it

your a female penguin, we don't expect you to get it - it's a boy thing :lol:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Arch44 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

I just don't get it

Its not hard its a preference to stand up.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:57 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

I just don't get it

Its not hard its a preference to stand up.

There's a lot of things I'd have preference to do but I dont' do it because the Government says I can't do it

Just do as your ******* told :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Sass! » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:17 pm

Tend to agree. Whilst I know there is no use complaining, I would have thought a curfew where this rule came into effect at a certain time (e.g. after 6pm) may also have had the desired impact for the Government. In all the breaches that have been in the media, they seemed to be occurring at night/ early morning and in enclosed spaces such as clubs etc when everyone has had a skinful.

But it is what it is, we cant really knock our government for how they have managed things so far in comparison to some of our neighbours!
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby jo172 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:28 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

I just don't get it

your a female penguin, we don't expect you to get it - it's a boy thing :lol:

For a start many clubs would need to magically source any number of chairs at a moments notice.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby jo172 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:28 pm

locky801 wrote:

is what it is, no use complaining about it all though many are

You can say that about almost anything that's posted on this forum ;)
jo172
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League