Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:30 am

Mythical Creature wrote:No where in the world has it gone close to going from 3 cases day 2 to 1.5million by day 14.
There is only 3 countries that are over 1.5million cases and they have taken 5 to 6 months to get there.
That is a terrible graph.

It looks pretty though!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2214 times
Been liked: 2505 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:34 am

Mythical Creature wrote:No where in the world has it gone close to going from 3 cases day 2 to 1.5million by day 14.
There is only 3 countries that are over 1.5million cases and they have taken 5 to 6 months to get there.

The graph doesn't reference COVID, it's an example of how exponential growth works.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:35 am

Bum Crack wrote:Apologies you're stupid enough to think that

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mots02 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:18 pm

Booney wrote:

The graph doesn't reference COVID, it's an example of how exponential growth works.

Correct.

Daisy's assumption was based on linear growth, I was just attempting to show that things like the virus don't usually track linear without some intervention (and how quickly things can go pear shaped when exponential growth is allowed to get going). Luckily, most of the world has bought in on the need for at least some intervention.

Apologies to the people who ''dont take notice of graphs''.

mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 845 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:24 pm

mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Correct.

Daisy's assumption was based on linear growth, I was just attempting to show that things like the virus don't usually track linear without some intervention (and how quickly things can go pear shaped when exponential growth is allowed to get going). Luckily, most of the world has bought in on the need for at least some intervention.

You get called out and conveniently change it to suit yourself. Nothing to see here ;)
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:26 pm

Morrell is our graph guy...we need him more than ever now

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11782 times
Been liked: 3577 times

Postby mots02 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:27 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Correct.

You get called out and conveniently change it to suit yourself. Nothing to see here ;)

I have the feeling i might regret this... but how have i conveniently changed things to suit myself?
mots02
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:29 pm

mots02 wrote:I have the feeling i might regret this... but how have i conveniently changed things to suit myself?

Might? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:30 pm

You can't work that out? I need to find a graph on stupid and post it on here.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:37 pm

Bum Crack wrote:You can't work that out? I need to find a graph on stupid and post it on here.

There's enough stupid in here, don't bring moron.

Sorry, more in.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:43 pm

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:You can't work that out? I need to find a graph on stupid and post it on here.

Sorry, more in.

Damn. That hurt.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby mots02 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:09 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:

Sorry, more in.

Damn. That hurt.

How hurt are you?

mots02
League - Top 5

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:09 pm

mots02 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:

Sorry, more in.

Damn. That hurt.

How hurt are you?

I'll be zero if I can go to Port Douglas on 28 September for a well deserved holiday.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:07 pm

daysofourlives wrote:The COVID-19 Experiment
I’m not necessarily saying that the coronavirus isn’t real, but the case reports and death rate are falsified, hyper-inflated, and inaccurate — and the governments, healthcare and medical industry, and news media are using the coronavirus pandemic to psychologically terrorize people. It’s nothing less than total global psychological warfare — programming and propaganda — causing mass hysteria.
And you want to be cautious not to fall into it.
In the past 8 months and 3 days (December 1st, 2019 to August 4th, 2020), the average daily death rate associated to the coronavirus has been 2,789deaths per day. And most of those deaths are people dying “with” the coronavirus, not necessarily from it. Most of the people are dying from the same pre-existing health conditions that they already had.
Is an average of 2,789deaths per day a large number?
The World Heath Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), governments, healthcare & medical industry, and primarily The News Media (propaganda) are psychologically terrorizing society with coronavirus death rate numbers and statistics, but without a frame of reference, how would anyone know if the death rate numbers are anything out of the ordinary or unusual? How would you know?
If the current total global estimated population is 7,713,468,000, and if the normal global death rate from any actual cause of death is around 7.612 people per thousand (which is estimated to be approximately 58,714,918 deaths this year) — then the normal average estimated daily death rate is around 160,863deaths per day.
So, is an average of 2,789deaths per day a large number?
The number of deaths “associated to” the coronavirus, “not caused by”, but “associated to” the coronavirus is only 1.7%of the normal average daily deaths. What about the other 158,074deaths per day in this world? Most of them are dying from the exact same pre-existing health conditions that they already had — regardless of the coronavirus. So why are the 1.7% “with” the coronavirus being so heavily promoted and propagandized?
It’s a Fear Campaign.
Almost 50,000people die from cardiovascular disease — every day. Around 26,000people die from cancer — every day. Around 11,000people die from respiratory diseases — every day. Around 7,000people die from lower respiratory infections — every day. Around 3,800people die from diabetes — every day. And around another 63,000people die from a number of other diseases and causes — every single day.
And yet people are terrified of the 2,789 average daily deaths that are “associated” to the coronavirus?
And Why? Because The News Media (The Hiss of The Snake) are psychologically terrorizing society with coronavirus death rate numbers and statistics. It’s the propaganda machine programming fear and negativity into the minds of the collective human consciousness and subconsciousness at full force. And it’s all hype. The News Media are promoting the 1.7% of daily deaths without giving anyone a frame of reference to compare it to.
Without a frame of reference, how can anyone put things into perspective? They can’t.
An average of only 0.00003% — 2,789people — of the total global population are dying “with” the coronavirus every day. Not necessarily “from” it — but “with” it.
A typical average of 0.002% — 160,863people — of the total global population die every single day — primarily from the exact same health conditions that coronavirus cases are dying from.
The coronavirus case fatality rate is only 3.7%, and you can’t even trust the numbers, because the case reports and death rate are falsified, hyper-inflated, and inaccurate, primarily because the healthcare and medical industry receive more government funding based on the number of coronavirus cases they have — and they want statistics.
Meaning that 96.3%of people who contract the virus will survive it. And the case fatality rate is dropping, falsified, hyper-inflated, and inaccurate, meaning that even More Than 96.3% who contract the virus will actually survive it.
Only 0.088%of the total global population are active reported coronavirus cases.
60%of all reported coronavirus cases have already recovered from it.
Meaning that 99.9908%of the total global population are either immune, don’t have it, still recovering from it, or are unreported infections with minor to no symptoms at all.
And yet The News Media are terrorizing society with coronavirus death rate numbers and statistics that only represent 1.7% of the typical global average daily deaths? An average of only 0.00003%of the total global population?
Guess What?
99.99997%of the total global population are not dying from the coronavirus today.
But they don’t want to tell you that. It wouldn’t be as terrifying or threatening.
This is called, “Smoke and Mirrors”. It’s a magic trick creating an illusion to fool you.
The System of Programming and Control wants everyone focussed on the coronavirus pandemic and terrified by a death rate that is only 1.7% of the normal average daily deaths — who were going to die from the exact same conditions that they already had. It’s a distraction. It’s hype. And while people are hypnotized and mesmerized by it — it leaves them blind to all else. And something else is always happening behind the curtain.
I’m not necessarily saying that the coronavirus isn’t real. I’m not necessarily saying that the coronavirus was man-made or planned. I’m cautious of conspiracy theories. But the governments, healthcare and medical industry, news media, and global financial industry are taking advantage of this pandemic to gain more control and push political agendas.
It’s not a conspiracy theory, when it’s happening right outside your door.
They are experimenting to see just how much they can get away with in controlling and manipulating both the economy and the general population. It’s impacting every level of human culture, business, the economy, education, entertainment, human rights, industry, lifestyle, politics, society, and world affairs. And it’s all an experiment. They are either testing a hypothesis in achieving total control and domination over the economy and society, or they are initiating a course of action without knowing the potential outcome, just to see what happens.
The COVID-19 Experiment is the largest psychological, sociological, socioeconomic, and sociopolitical experiment that this world has ever seen. That’s the real global pandemic.
The coronavirus pandemic is a Smokescreen.
They are promoting the coronavirus pandemic at an unprecedented level of mass hysteria to disguise The System of Programming and Control’s real intentions and objectives. They are experimenting to see if they can achieve creating The New Citizen, The New Economy, The New Ideology, The New Society, The New Way of Life, The New Welfare State, and The New World Order — and they are calling it all, “The New Normal”.
There’s Absolutely Nothing Normal About It.

Fantastic info DOOL incorporated with stats but some cannot understand as you have stated.

I posted heaps of similar stats on here that i have gleaned from the net only to be pooh poohed by some on here.

Love this comment

"The News Media (The Hiss of The Snake) are psychologically terrorizing society with coronavirus death rate numbers and statistics. It’s the propaganda machine programming fear and negativity into the minds of the collective human consciousness and subconsciousness at full force. And it’s all hype. The News Media are promoting the 1.7% of daily deaths without giving anyone a frame of reference to compare it to."

Thats been my point from day one some of the MSM must be made accountable for there alarmism and scaremongering how about reporting all the facts and stats like this one [b]96.3% of people who contract this SURVIVE this would allay the fear in ,many naive people out there.
[/b

Its all just RONAPHOBIA.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:40 pm

The ultimate showcase of political innumeracy is the quasi-religious ritual of The Reading of the Cases. Witnessed and recorded by the faithful in the media (who love to have their work handed to them on a plate), it has become a farce within this bigger farce. The sombre, priestly arch-buffoon blesses reporters with fodder for their blog updates, sprinkling them with numbers that look like information but withstand no scrutiny.

Cases, as a moment’s reflection reveals, do not equal sickness, much less hospitalisations. Until we are entrusted with the knowledge of how many are the results of tests on people who show no symptoms, they serve only to strike terror into the innumerate.

Indeed, why do we need to hear these figures at all? We don’t get daily updates for any other diseases. They serve no useful purpose, as we are not given sufficient detail to make our own assessment of their significance, decide on the level of risk they represent and tailor our activities accordingly.

Their primary purpose seems to be to post-rationalise our leaders’ devastating, simple-minded lockdowns and border closures, and to panic people into sporting their masks of obedience should they be sufficiently reckless as to leave their homes.

Perhaps the announcements, if they must continue, could give us real information: “There have been 637 new cases today, but happily 480 were young people who had no symptoms and didn’t know they’d been infected. Oh, and only two of today’s cases were serious enough to need to go to hospital.”

Yes why isnt there any positive spin on it? Why is it all doom and gloom.
Reports are becoming more common of aged care facilities getting 30k per covid recorded death and funeral costs covered if families agree to recording covid on death certificate.
Where is all the social media of people on their death beds from covid? You cant tell in this modern world that people are suffering quietly in hospital
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2414 times
Been liked: 1655 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:14 pm

Where are you getting this nonense about Aged Care organisatiins getting paid $25k or $30k for each resident that passes from Covid-19? Pure fiction.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby stan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:38 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Where are you getting this nonense about Aged Care organisatiins getting paid $25k or $30k for each resident that passes from Covid-19? Pure fiction.
Well hang on there, in its not concrete but talk back radio in Melbourne has ha .ca few callers about this.

Also a few articles popped up in the states about theses issues. Florida's "mistake" also pops up a bit.

May not be a complete wash story, but there is definitly a bit of fudging going on with a few figures at the moment

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1252 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:41 pm

daysofourlives wrote:The ultimate showcase of political innumeracy is the quasi-religious ritual of The Reading of the Cases. Witnessed and recorded by the faithful in the media (who love to have their work handed to them on a plate), it has become a farce within this bigger farce. The sombre, priestly arch-buffoon blesses reporters with fodder for their blog updates, sprinkling them with numbers that look like information but withstand no scrutiny.

Cases, as a moment’s reflection reveals, do not equal sickness, much less hospitalisations. Until we are entrusted with the knowledge of how many are the results of tests on people who show no symptoms, they serve only to strike terror into the innumerate.

Indeed, why do we need to hear these figures at all? We don’t get daily updates for any other diseases. They serve no useful purpose, as we are not given sufficient detail to make our own assessment of their significance, decide on the level of risk they represent and tailor our activities accordingly.

Their primary purpose seems to be to post-rationalise our leaders’ devastating, simple-minded lockdowns and border closures, and to panic people into sporting their masks of obedience should they be sufficiently reckless as to leave their homes.

Perhaps the announcements, if they must continue, could give us real information: “There have been 637 new cases today, but happily 480 were young people who had no symptoms and didn’t know they’d been infected. Oh, and only two of today’s cases were serious enough to need to go to hospital.”

Yes why isnt there any positive spin on it? Why is it all doom and gloom.
Reports are becoming more common of aged care facilities getting 30k per covid recorded death and funeral costs covered if families agree to recording covid on death certificate.
Where is all the social media of people on their death beds from covid? You cant tell in this modern world that people are suffering quietly in hospital
One of the things you touch on is whybisnt there a positive spin on it.

Right that's a lot easier to answer than the entire topic you have pressed on. The media as you said feed on fear and sensationalism. That's there go to, it always has to be then it breaking story with more and more fear and more and more sensationalism.

The positive spin should be that Austrialia should be in a position to push the economy through this.

It also has shown the benefits of manufacturing in your own country.

Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1252 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:02 pm

stan wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Where are you getting this nonense about Aged Care organisatiins getting paid $25k or $30k for each resident that passes from Covid-19? Pure fiction.
Well hang on there, in its not concrete but talk back radio in Melbourne has ha .ca few callers about this.

Also a few articles popped up in the states about theses issues. Florida's "mistake" also pops up a bit.

May not be a complete wash story, but there is definitly a bit of fudging going on with a few figures at the moment

So, are you saying I should be getting the truth from talk back radio. Might give big Bob Francis a call.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby LMA » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:06 pm

Caller John: Every night I come in, I tune to your show a little bit and I just think you sound like a bit of a dickhead, mate.

Bob Francis: Well, is that so? Well, why don't you turn the radio off if you don't like it, you stupid bloody wanker? What do you think I am, bloody born yesterday? Just on twelve-and-a-half minutes to 12 o'clock. 'Oh ho, I'm going to tell Bob he's a dickhead ho ho, ho, and I'm laughing so much I think it's bloody wonderful.' You stupid arsehole
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion