Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:07 pm

how the hell does Flagstaff Hill get to host finals?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:15 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:how the hell does Flagstaff Hill get to host finals?

:-??
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:25 pm

shoe boy wrote:

Put the ordinary oval aside, surely the league could have read the room and realised this wasn't a smart idea???

Are there many flagstaff people on sfl board?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Terrible look for the SFL.
Everyone knows Flagstaff Hill could have identified the perpetrators yet they get a slap on the wrist and finals for doing the wrong thing.
Hardly a deterrent, if anything it looks like racism or covering it up is endorsed and rewarded.
:?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby King » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:37 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I said at the time that there was plenty to play out in this one and not to believe everything you hear.

I know what played out also and DUTCHY would know!
Without the full outcome if it is a slap on the wrist the decision is very poor and inconsistent .

SB, if you know what played out please tell us all. Especially how you know it all, given you weren’t there. Otherwise admit you’re full of sh*t.
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby King » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Put the ordinary oval aside, surely the league could have read the room and realised this wasn't a smart idea???

Are there many flagstaff people on sfl board?

None.
King
Under 16s

Postby shoe boy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:10 am

King wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I said at the time that there was plenty to play out in this one and not to believe everything you hear.

Without the full outcome if it is a slap on the wrist the decision is very poor and inconsistent .

SB, if you know what played out please tell us all. Especially how you know it all, given you weren’t there. Otherwise admit you’re full of sh*t.

Your club was found GUILTY of racial abuse !

Your angst should be directed at your club or those involved and am sure you are aware off?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby King » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:25 am

shoe boy wrote:
King wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Your club was found GUILTY of racial abuse !

Your angst should be directed at your club or those involved and am sure you are aware off?

SB, my point is that you maintain you know what played out and yet you were not there. Therefore you are relying on second, third, fourth hand information and reading published articles which contained numerous errors of fact. The SFL investigation was able to decipher the fact from the fiction and delivered a considered, honest and reasonable decision. Classic case of don’t believe everything you read or hear! Also don’t judge a whole club on the actions of a couple of idiots.
King
Under 16s

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:30 am

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:32 am

King wrote:SB, my point is that you maintain you know what played out and yet you were not there. Therefore you are relying on second, third, fourth hand information and reading published articles which contained numerous errors of fact. The SFL investigation was able to decipher the fact from the fiction and delivered a considered, honest and reasonable decision. Classic case of don’t believe everything you read or hear! Also don’t judge a whole club on the actions of a couple of idiots.

Well tell us what happened??
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:49 am

King wrote:SB, my point is that you maintain you know what played out and yet you were not there. Therefore you are relying on second, third, fourth hand information and reading published articles which contained numerous errors of fact. The SFL investigation was able to decipher the fact from the fiction and delivered a considered, honest and reasonable decision. Classic case of don’t believe everything you read or hear! Also don’t judge a whole club on the actions of a couple of idiots.

This could be the biggest load of shit I've ever read on this site.. and I've posted enough shit in my time myself!

I'd be embarrassed to be involved in your club right now.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby I'll bite » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:39 pm

The Bedge wrote:

This could be the biggest load of shit I've ever read on this site.. and I've posted enough shit in my time myself!

I'd be embarrassed to be involved in your club right now.

How is the SPOC / Payneham situation going?
I'll bite
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby hollywood7477 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:56 pm

St Peters have a reputation as their supporters did it last year against an Indigenous Henley footballer in the Div1R GF. Supporters were ejected from the ground.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby I'll bite » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:12 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:St Peters have a reputation as their supporters did it last year against an Indigenous Henley footballer in the Div1R GF. Supporters were ejected from the ground.

So repeat offenders but not one person calling for them to be booted out of the league or lose points! :-?
I'll bite
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby KegLeg » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:42 pm

I can’t comment on the off field stuff but on field are anyone going to get close to flaggies? Five in a row looks likely
KegLeg
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Elliston

Postby tigerpie » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:05 pm

KegLeg wrote:I can’t comment on the off field stuff but on field are anyone going to get close to flaggies? Five in a row looks likely

I think they're gettable.
Going to have to be a solid 4 quarter effort though.
Gf's are unpredictable.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:05 am

When will the SFL and I will quote "a more detailed statement will be released" 24/8/2020 re racial abuse investigation ? also second off field incident large number of spectators? :-??
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby meanderman » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:45 am

Which club was the second off field incident? The way this has NOT been handled is disgraceful
meanderman
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby shoe boy » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:18 am

meanderman wrote:Which club was the second off field incident? The way this has NOT been handled is disgraceful

Same game.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby KegLeg » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:41 pm

shoe boy wrote:
meanderman wrote:Which club was the second off field incident? The way this has NOT been handled is disgraceful

Same game.

This has been so poorly handled by the SFL it has set a new low even for them. I believe there was another meeting last night trying to change their inaction from the week before. Anyone else heard this and/or have an update?
KegLeg
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Elliston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL