R14 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R14 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

Postby northerner » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:55 pm

southernbulldog wrote:Without knowing him of course i get the feeling he is a class act and he has done a great job with the Eagles.The only downside for the day was the nasty injury to the young Eagles indigenous lad sorry dont know his name,It didnt look good hope he makes a full recovery and gets back to playing next season .

Broke his femur slamming into the goalpost.
Latest news was it was a clean break and he was operated on this afternoon.
Wish him well.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 428 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby whybother » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:24 pm

I told you so. Maybe a gee-up for Sheedy for next week.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby whybother » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:25 pm

I told you so. Maybe a gee-up for Sheedy for next week.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Brett » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:43 pm

End of a more important era at Centrals with Holden no longer major sponsor.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Aerie » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:58 pm

Well played Central. Plenty of spirit shown to fight back and get the win. Hoskin was everywhere - could not contain him.

A fairly poor effort by the Eagles. Moved the ball well at times, but lacked hunger. It won’t just happen over the next 3 weeks. I hope that is a reminder and kicks the Eagles in to gear. They’ve just been cruising for most of the last month after blitzing sides early and haven’t shown anything as yet to suggest they’ll fight tooth and nail when it’s not going their way. There will be times in the next 3 weeks they’ll have to do this if they want to win finals.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 501 times

Postby Magellan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:04 am

Sounds like everyone won a prize yesterday at Elizabeth. The Eagles got some spirited match practice in anticipation for the finals without any significant injuries, and Central won after the siren to send off their retiree champs in style.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby goddy11 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:20 am

Magellan wrote:Sounds like everyone won a prize yesterday at Elizabeth. The Eagles got some spirited match practice in anticipation for the finals without any significant injuries, and Central won after the siren to send off their retiree champs in style.

I don't think Chris Hall looked too good when he came off. Looked serious.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 555 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:30 am

Fantastic game best game of the year for us hopefully this will continues in 2021.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby wedgetail » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:33 am

Central's persistence gave them a deserved win. Clean ball handling has been a feature of the Eagles this year, it wasn't there yesterday. Expect up to 5 changes next week. We really missed Mansell's rebound from defence yesterday. Hall looks cooked for at least 2 games, Pudney showing he could be an adequate replacement though on the wing.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 244 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Aerie » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:03 pm

wedgetail wrote:Central's persistence gave them a deserved win. Clean ball handling has been a feature of the Eagles this year, it wasn't there yesterday. Expect up to 5 changes next week. We really missed Mansell's rebound from defence yesterday. Hall looks cooked for at least 2 games, Pudney showing he could be an adequate replacement though on the wing.

Hayes in for West
Jones in for Jungfer
Mansell in for Westbrook
Firns or Lee in for Hall (inj)

Goldsworthy and Lonergan would perhaps want to prove fitness in Reserves?

I think Pudney has grabbed his spot for the first final - played well and made the most of his opportunities.

I thought the absence of Jones yesterday proved how important he is to the team as well. Perhaps as important as Jack Hayes and Redden, given he can take a tall, as well as intercept, as well as provide run and penetrate with his kicking from the back lines.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 501 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:13 pm

Aerie wrote:
wedgetail wrote:Central's persistence gave them a deserved win. Clean ball handling has been a feature of the Eagles this year, it wasn't there yesterday. Expect up to 5 changes next week. We really missed Mansell's rebound from defence yesterday. Hall looks cooked for at least 2 games, Pudney showing he could be an adequate replacement though on the wing.

Hayes in for West
Jones in for Jungfer
Mansell in for Westbrook
Firns or Lee in for Hall (inj)

Goldsworthy and Lonergan would perhaps want to prove fitness in Reserves?

I think Pudney has grabbed his spot for the first final - played well and made the most of his opportunities.

I thought the absence of Jones yesterday proved how important he is to the team as well. Perhaps as important as Jack Hayes and Redden, given he can take a tall, as well as intercept, as well as provide run and penetrate with his kicking from the back lines.

If Goldsworthy is deemed fit I'd play him. Not so for Lonergan - not sure he has finished a match all year. I've thought Firns has been the unlucky one all year. Each time he has played he's shown something. Also by having him in the team it frees up Sinor to play a more attacking role over the clamp down role he often plays in the absence of Firns.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby StrayDog » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:11 pm

Brett wrote:End of a more important era at Centrals with Holden no longer major sponsor.

Yep, after 32 years, the end of the longest running major sponsorship in the League's history.

https://cdfc.com.au/news/tribute-to-holdens/
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:22 pm

StrayDog wrote:
Brett wrote:End of a more important era at Centrals with Holden no longer major sponsor.

Yep, after 32 years, the end of the longest running major sponsorship in the League's history.

Only 58 years behind Geelong and Ford. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2009 times
Been liked: 3846 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby StrayDog » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:32 pm

northerner wrote:Full kudos to Jade Sheedy who came into the rooms to make a speech honouring Alfie and Goodie

Murray Stephenson also leaving, taking on coaching role in Wagga.

Youngsters such as Jackson Kelly, Toner, Olsson and OBrien leave us with plenty of hope next season (AFL call ups not withstanding)

That's class. Reminds me of Goddy's tribute to the CDFC after WWT's narrow win in 2011, and Bass's humble and polite acknowledgement of our fans just before the 2010 decider. Respect.

Yeah, Murray's departure has gone under the radar a bit, and I'm sure his new appointment will be better for his services. Their gain, our loss.

Agree with you on the young blokes, they will step up to the challenge next year, and hopefully we can keep them all on our paddock for a while.

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Postby StrayDog » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:33 pm

Wedgie wrote:
StrayDog wrote:

Only 58 years behind Geelong and Ford. ;)

That's impressive, regardless of relevance. ;)

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Postby StrayDog » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:54 pm

northerner wrote:
Groucho wrote:You Effing Beauty. To quote Shane Crawford "that's what I'm talking about." Very enjoyable win, well done Dogs. That's the way to send Goodie and Alfie into retirement. :lol: :D

Thank f**k this horrible season is over. Zero interest in SANFL now, don't care who wins GF, won't be watching any finals.
Not looking forward to next year either , it can take as long as possible to come around as far as I'm concerned.

The Ladder leading ressies say hi...

Double header ressies finals on our patch next Saturday, Sturt v North in the 1st Semi at 11am, and the Eagles coming back here for another crack at the 'Dogs in the 2nd Semi at 1:15.

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/sanfl- ... confirmed/

Awesome, looking forward to them. Ground is in pretty good nick so hopefully the weather can do its bit for a decent turn-out. "40% chance of rain, 0-3mm, 16 to 28 degrees." predicted for Elizabeth at this stage, though, so fingers crossed.

Go you 'Dogs! :D

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:08 pm

Groucho wrote:You Effing Beauty. To quote Shane Crawford "that's what I'm talking about." Very enjoyable win, well done Dogs. That's the way to send Goodie and Alfie into retirement. :lol: :D

Thank f**k this horrible season is over. Zero interest in SANFL now, don't care who wins GF, won't be watching any finals.
Not looking forward to next year either , it can take as long as possible to come around as far as I'm concerned.

Not looking forward to seeing the Menzel Brothers running around in tip top condition next year?
Those 2 would add 5 goals each game & with the young lads coming through nicely, I reckon next year is FULL of promise!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby southernbulldog » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:35 pm

Looking forward to next season with plenty of optimism .If we carry over the type of footy we have played against Norwood,Eagles & Glenelg we will improve and win more than we lose thats the sort of footy we want to see .Both Menzels will be handy even better forward line if Butch plays on.
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:55 am

southernbulldog wrote:Looking forward to next season with plenty of optimism .If we carry over the type of footy we have played against Norwood,Eagles & Glenelg we will improve and win more than we lose thats the sort of footy we want to see .Both Menzels will be handy even better forward line if Butch plays on.

And a fit Izzy!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby northerner » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:08 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Looking forward to next season with plenty of optimism .If we carry over the type of footy we have played against Norwood,Eagles & Glenelg we will improve and win more than we lose thats the sort of footy we want to see .Both Menzels will be handy even better forward line if Butch plays on.

And a fit Izzy!

And some proactive recruiting going on... a couple of recently delisted AFL lads; "possible" on a Nth Melb player, and "promising" on a Bomber.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 428 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL