Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:48 am

stan wrote:I love the fact that it had to be banned. I mean sleeping with co-workers in general is such a bad idea, imagine people who worked for you.

In the private sector, leveraging a power imbalance for predatory sexual behaviour would get you the DCM.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Psyber » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:57 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:I can imagine every person in Australia is currently trying to delete their uni history, or research that of their opponents.

Has anyone got access to @Psyber’s

Well there were a couple of nurses whose families owned wineries I knew when I was a medical student.
Not that I had ulterior motives of course - just wanted the wine...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:48 am

Psyber wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:I can imagine every person in Australia is currently trying to delete their uni history, or research that of their opponents.

Has anyone got access to @Psyber’s

Well there were a couple of nurses whose families owned wineries I knew when I was a medical student.
Not that I had ulterior motives of course - just wanted the wine...

Brings back memories of Thursday nights at the Botanic
Knock off time across the road was 9pm
I was only there for the wine as well
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:31 am

Pascoe and Maiden point out the blatant hypocrisy when you compare the apologetic response to the Tudge allegations versus the pursuit of Husar:

So we’re actually in the category here now of Emma Husar. Alan Tudge is in the same position that Emma Husar was in when there were complaints made about her.

We had a situation where the media pursued that relentlessly. She had television cameras out the front of her house with children inside. She had microphones being shoved in the faces of her staff.

I don’t see any of that happening. I have had women this week say to me: “What’s going on with the media? There seems to be some protection racket and everyone is polite and accepts the fact that Alan Tudge put out a statement and that’s the end of it.”

If Scott Morrison was going to follow the same script that he followed with Emma Husar and that the Labor Party followed with Emma Husar, he would be having an investigation into Alan Tudge, he would be appointing a judge.

Alan Tudge would be under intense pressure and Alan Tudge, in Emma Husar’s case, would be asked whether he wanted to resign or not contest the next election.

This happened to Emma Husar before the findings of that report came down. That report threw out a lot of the allegations. She had been involved in what was unreasonable management practises in her office.

It strikes me that, Emma Husar and Alan Tudge, there are parallels and we are treating them differently and the same media outlets and the same journalists that enthusiastically and relentlessly pursued Emma Husar – a woman who was a nobody, a backbencher in opposition – are saying that Alan Tudge is not a story.

Well, that strikes me as a bit unusual and it strikes a lot of women in Parliament as a bit unusual.

Michael Pascoe: Hypocrisy and smokescreens cloud the ‘Canberra Bubble’
Q.
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:27 am

Not following either case, but reading the above, it strikes me that when it first hit with Emma it was a big story. Through time it was proven that it wasn't that big. Now the next case has come along with Alan, and the media are therefore using the experience from last time and treating it as a story that isn't that big.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:51 am

Trader wrote:Not following either case, but reading the above, it strikes me that when it first hit with Emma it was a big story. Through time it was proven that it wasn't that big. Now the next case has come along with Alan, and the media are therefore using the experience from last time and treating it as a story that isn't that big.

Riiiight :roll:

It's Murdoch media hypocrisy plain and simple. You only need to read the Albrechtsen stories then and now to see this.
Q.
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:58 am

Trader wrote:Not following either case, but reading the above, it strikes me that when it first hit with Emma it was a big story. Through time it was proven that it wasn't that big. Now the next case has come along with Alan, and the media are therefore using the experience from last time and treating it as a story that isn't that big.

No doubt the evil Murdoch empire is to blame
Funny how the only ones who seem to read / watch Murdoch stuff are those that hate him
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:03 am

Robodebt. Another quality Morrison installation.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby stan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:08 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Funny how the only ones who seem to read / watch Murdoch stuff are those that hate him
Whilst I don't like to get into all the conspiracies racing around out there, much like the US media bias against conservatives, Murdoch has his agenda and owns what he owns. That's pretty clear from anything out of Newscorp these days.

End of the day he could turn on the LNP if he doesn't get his way.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:22 am

stan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Whilst I don't like to get into all the conspiracies racing around out there, much like the US media bias against conservatives, Murdoch has his agenda and owns what he owns. That's pretty clear from anything out of Newscorp these days.

Maybe people should just worry about their own lives including keeping their jobs instead of what Murdoch is doing
The obsession with him is pitiful. Rudd has nothing better to do and is getting handsomely paid by the people to do it.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:24 am

Booney wrote:Robodebt. Another quality Morrison installation.

A fiasco that will cost taxpayers $1.2Bil, but with a human cost that is even more difficult to assess - 2,000 people who had received a Robodebt notice between July 2016 and October 2018 died during that period.

Will anyone in the LNP be held to account?
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:26 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Maybe people should just worry about their own lives including keeping their jobs instead of what Murdoch is doing
The obsession with him is pitiful. Rudd has nothing better to do and is getting handsomely paid by the people to do it.

Rubbish. His undue influence on democracy has been well documented and the petition was record breaking, so obviously enough ordinary Australians care about his political interference.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:18 pm

No quid pro quo here folks, move along...

Foxtel given blank sheet for spending govt’s $10m handout

Foxtel has been given a blank sheet for choosing how to spend a $10 million federal government grant and does not need to submit anything about it until 2021, documents reveal.

The documents, obtained under a Freedom of Information request, show the federal Communications Department gave Foxtel free rein to allocate millions of dollars of taxpayer money granted to broadcast under-represented sports.
Q.
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:19 pm

Q. wrote:No quid pro quo here folks, move along...

Foxtel given blank sheet for spending govt’s $10m handout

Foxtel has been given a blank sheet for choosing how to spend a $10 million federal government grant and does not need to submit anything about it until 2021, documents reveal.

The documents, obtained under a Freedom of Information request, show the federal Communications Department gave Foxtel free rein to allocate millions of dollars of taxpayer money granted to broadcast under-represented sports.
The **** could invest in decent streaming services for customers so my viewing experience isn't ruined every ******* day.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby stan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:53 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Maybe people should just worry about their own lives including keeping their jobs instead of what Murdoch is doing
I'm just pointing it out that the influence exists there mate. Not really putting my career on the line for it.
stan
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:11 pm

stan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Maybe people should just worry about their own lives including keeping their jobs instead of what Murdoch is doing
I'm just pointing it out that the influence exists there mate. Not really putting my career on the line for it.

LOL - weird comment by Jimmy. Why would us discussing Murdoch's political interference impact on our employment?
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:16 pm

Is this like the time Jimmy threatened to have Cayman Angus sue me? Is he threatening to get us sacked now :lol:
Q.
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:21 pm

Q. wrote:
stan wrote:

LOL - weird comment by Jimmy. Why would us discussing Murdoch's political interference impact on our employment?
Not sure what keeping my job has to do with pointing out the obvious. Oddly enough Q and myself tend to disagree on certain matters but even we agree on this matter......

2020 is seriously off its head.
stan
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:23 pm

stan wrote:
Q. wrote:
stan wrote:

Not sure what keeping my job has to do with pointing out the obvious. Oddly enough Q and myself tend to disagree on certain matters but even we agree on this matter......

2020 is seriously off its head.

2020 will end with Jimmy and I spooning
Q.
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:55 pm

Q. wrote:
stan wrote:

This year is so **** up already. My current advice to all young people is just concentrate on keeping your job because it’s the most important thing you have right at the moment. Despite the stock market and media hype, our company intel is next year is going to get real bad employment wise. You don’t want to be losing your job. Murdoch will mean f’all if you standing in a line with thousands of others
Jimmy_041
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics