Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:24 am

Wedgie wrote:I still can't see a full lockdown. If it does happen Marshall and Spurrier would virtually be announcing they're incompetent for not implementing it two days early when it seemed an abvious thing to do.
Hope I'm wrong as I'm rostered on for 2.30am closes on Thursday and Friday nights. :YMPRAY:

Its only incompetent to a certain section of the public, other will feel their incompetent because a lockdown is to extreme, others will think a lockdown is too early.

Any decision they make different to the status quo is going to be deemed incompetent to a section of the community.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:27 am

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I still can't see a full lockdown. If it does happen Marshall and Spurrier would virtually be announcing they're incompetent for not implementing it two days early when it seemed an abvious thing to do.
Hope I'm wrong as I'm rostered on for 2.30am closes on Thursday and Friday nights. :YMPRAY:

Its only incompetent to a certain section of the public, other will feel their incompetent because a lockdown is to extreme, others will think a lockdown is too early.

Any decision they make different to the status quo is going to be deemed incompetent to a section of the community.

if the numbers go up every day til friday, we will be back in lockdown like before... The government wont f*** around...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:29 am

Trader wrote:Who else is considering jumping in the car and getting across the boarder before the lockdown starts?

Funny thing, running the eldest to school today, I observed several people loading cars full of camping gear ...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:33 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
if the numbers go up every day til friday, we will be back in lockdown like before... The government wont f*** around...

They're sitting on their hands already, it will go up each day until Friday, I imagine it will peak between Friday and next Wednesday and then if we've don alright it may begin to decline form then on.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:35 am

Wedgie wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Press conference now at 12 at the earliest

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bastards, they knew thats when I start work today. :evil:

It'll give you something to do while you're there.

I imagine pub staff are going to have a very busy afternoon/evening today.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:39 am

Corona Man wrote:
Trader wrote:Who else is considering jumping in the car and getting across the boarder before the lockdown starts?

Come on over, the water's fine...

He'd have to pause for a test at the border.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-18/ ... s/12894214

Mexicans testing Croweaters heading east. My how the worm has turned!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Wedgie » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Dunno, it was quiet on Monday apparently.
I did work yesterday in gaming and it was a normal day but the Front Bar was dead.
I'm in the Front Bar today so will probably get a vibe early on.

I still can't work out how the government can recommend people stop non essential activities but leave pokie rooms open.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2024 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Groover » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:43 am

Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

I did work yesterday in gaming and it was a normal day but the Front Bar was dead.

I still can't work out how the government can recommend people stop non essential activities but leave pokie rooms open.
$$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby am Bays » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:44 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
whufc wrote:

The numbers are going to go up until Friday given the volume of testing that has occurred in the last 48-72 hours. so an increase has always been on the cards since this news broke on Sunday evening and testing ramped up.

NT has just announced that that it is reducing the SA Hot Spot to just Adelaide and the surrounding Hills LGAs, whufc, some to Darwin Brus!

Don't go to Alice as the place is packed with people quarantining on buses, the hotels are chockas!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:46 am

Groover wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Bastards, they knew thats when I start work today. :evil:

$$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, I should have added the word "morally" to my question.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2024 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:47 am

whufc wrote:

I'm with Wedgie here, if you seen Marshall's interview last week on our oversea's travelers it reeked of complacency and invincibility, things turned to shit and he shuts gyms (where there have been no known community transmissions) decreases public gatherings and lowers numbers in pubs.

I'd hazard a guess and most of the cluster wouldn't even frequent a pub yet they'd probably go to Costco in their droves and lean all over each other to grab a bargain.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:48 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
whufc wrote:

I think the sheer number of places they have gone which wouldn't have been Covid Tracing will force their hand, places such as Big W Elizabeth, Pizza Bars, Public Transport, Hungry Jacks, the list goes on and on, none of them would have been Covid Tracing.

Even the places that do Covid Trace like the Aquadome are beasts of centres and would have had upwards of 500 people around the place, if not more.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:48 am

Wedgie wrote:Dunno, it was quiet on Monday apparently.

I'm along the lines of thinking the pubs will shut ass of midnight tonight.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

I'm with Wedgie here, if you seen Marshall's interview last week on our oversea's travelers it reeked of complacency and invincibility, things turned to shit and he shuts gyms (where there have been no known community transmissions) decreases public gatherings and lowers numbers in pubs.

I'd hazard a guess and most of the cluster wouldn't even frequent a pub yet they'd probably go to Costco in their droves and lean all over each other to grab a bargain.

Don't get me started on the cans and cannots. Gyms and Rec Centres need to be shut, next day Pools can be open. What about centres like mine that are rec centres with pools, no information giving about changerooms etc either.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:50 am

Pseudo wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Come on over, the water's fine...

He'd have to pause for a test at the border.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-18/ ... s/12894214

Mexicans testing Croweaters heading east. My how the worm has turned!

Lieutenant Dan will be walking around with half a chubby now seeing another state under the pump and he can start barking some orders.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:51 am

Press conference 12:30 now. Picture rapidly changing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:52 am

Booney wrote:Press conference 12:30 now. Picture rapidly changing.

Presumably for the worst, wouldn't be our luck that half the positive tests were wrong and they were all negatives haha.
whufc
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:52 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm along the lines of thinking the pubs will shut ass of midnight tonight.

Bummer, especially if you're going out for a date.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:52 am

am Bays wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
whufc wrote:

The numbers are going to go up until Friday given the volume of testing that has occurred in the last 48-72 hours. so an increase has always been on the cards since this news broke on Sunday evening and testing ramped up.

NT has just announced that that it is reducing the SA Hot Spot to just Adelaide and the surrounding Hills LGAs, whufc, some to Darwin Brus!

Don't go to Alice as the place is packed with people quarantining on buses, the hotels are chockas!
I was in Alice recently and they are more relaxed about Covid than us.
No SD measures and still doing buffet breakfasts at hotels which is a big no no
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:54 am

Magellan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm along the lines of thinking the pubs will shut ass of midnight tonight.

Bummer, especially if you're going out for a date.

lol, couldn't give a shit perhaps?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion