Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby mal » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:40 pm

Booney wrote:Dear diary,

Day 1 - Woke up around 8:30, went for a swim, Junior brought the paper home from work so had a coffee, read the paper. Cooked bacon and eggs around 10:30, just had a swim and a zooper dooper, just picked out Moe quaddie, quick surf and race 1 not far away. Going ok so far.

Booney
Make sure you dont leave out number 6 in the first leg
Horse is called LOCKO ....
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1141 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby stan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Wedgie wrote:I thought it was piss weak of the police commissioner to have a go at the media.
When I worked in the Public service it was a strict process to try and get a 2nd job and most were turned down due to "perceptions of bias".
Even at the pub I work at, a guy had to leave after one shift recently as he also works as a carer and his employer wouldn't let him have a 2nd job in the hospitality indusry due to Covid issues.
Surely if we have examples like above in society then asking people who deal with an infectious disease that kills not to also work as food handlers isn't asking too much?
According to the police commissioner this is asking them not to have a life? His own police force aren't allowed to work in a lot of 2nd jobs, do they have no life?
He couldn't maintin decorum with what is a very valid issue.
Was a very poor performance IMHO.
This is 100% spot on. I couldn't agree with this more.

My thoughts are that he feels the need to stick up for Spurrier at the moment as she is in the firing line and should be.

First shots finally fired from Sky News now.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dutchy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:46 pm

Wedgie wrote:I thought it was piss weak of the police commissioner to have a go at the media.
When I worked in the Public service it was a strict process to try and get a 2nd job and most were turned down due to "perceptions of bias".
Even at the pub I work at, a guy had to leave after one shift recently as he also works as a carer and his employer wouldn't let him have a 2nd job in the hospitality indusry due to Covid issues.
Surely if we have examples like above in society then asking people who deal with an infectious disease that kills not to also work as food handlers isn't asking too much?
According to the police commissioner this is asking them not to have a life? His own police force aren't allowed to work in a lot of 2nd jobs, do they have no life?

He looked like he was going to lose it with the Media at one stage, looked right on the edge, very poor.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:50 pm

There were some very poor/stupid questions asked though
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:53 pm

Dutchy wrote:

He looked like he was going to lose it with the Media at one stage, looked right on the edge, very poor.

Got a link? I turned it off once I got the number cases today, I turned it off yesterday when I heard the restrictions, his part was bullshit anyway as it left a lot of things in the grey area.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:

They know they're in the $hit over it so will go down fighting
It started from Monday when Spurrier said it was our fault the bug got out because we'd become complacent and she's put her foot in her mouth every day since.

Stevens must being thinking about locking her up.........
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jim05 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:04 pm

Just filled up at a servo in Golden Grove and the poor lad behind the counter was copping an earful from some bloke for not selling him a pie.
Apparently servos aren’t allowed to sell any take away food so they are going to throw out the whole bakery section this arvo. Was full of chocolate donuts and cakes that are all getting turfed
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:04 pm

Dutchy wrote:
whufc wrote:Can I just go fishing for 6 days.

I have no money for food and need to hunt to eat :lol:

If you had one of those shacks and Black Point, a fishing rod and a drone - you probably could.

Well I do have the Broughton River running through my property which you can catch Trout from all year.

But its hardly as fun when its fishing in your own yard.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Magellan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:05 pm

Jim05 wrote:Just filled up at a servo in Golden Grove and the poor lad behind the counter was copping an earful from some bloke for not selling him a pie.
Apparently servos aren’t allowed to sell any take away food so they are going to throw out the whole bakery section this arvo. Was full of chocolate donuts and cakes that are all getting turfed

if that's the case, the lad should've just chucked the pie in his face.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:06 pm

Jim05 wrote:Just filled up at a servo in Golden Grove and the poor lad behind the counter was copping an earful from some bloke for not selling him a pie.

Poor bugger, but yeah, why have it there if they can't sell it? I gather they can sell a cherry ripe though?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:06 pm

Magellan wrote:

if that's the case, the lad should've just chucked the pie in his face.

I think United are "pie face" pastries.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Got a link? I turned it off once I got the number cases today, I turned it off yesterday when I heard the restrictions, his part was bullshit anyway as it left a lot of things in the grey area.

https://www.facebook.com/abcadelaide/vi ... 6901240427

32 min in
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jim05 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Poor bugger, but yeah, why have it there if they can't sell it? I gather they can sell a cherry ripe though?
Apparently the definition wasn’t really clear so the servo did its overnight order with Vili’s etc and were selling them until about 10am when notice came out that it wasn’t allowed. You can still buy ice creams, lollies, chips, chocolates etc but no actual food
Lots of servos got caught out it seems
Jim05
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:10 pm

I was happy with his performance .... less happy with Spurrier and Marshal. Grant Stephens was mainly pushing back on media who were suggesting all people involved in supporting Medic Hotels should be isolated or quarantined. The issue of security staff being able to work in other jobs is a separate issue. That question should have been directed to the Government. If you don't want the security staff having second jobs the Government should seek to use someone other than private security firms, which are a highly casualised workforce.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:12 pm

whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
whufc wrote:Can I just go fishing for 6 days.

I have no money for food and need to hunt to eat :lol:

If you had one of those shacks and Black Point, a fishing rod and a drone - you probably could.

Well I do have the Broughton River running through my property which you can catch Trout from all year.

But its hardly as fun when its fishing in your own yard.

Hanson Road raises its head again..........
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:15 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

I was happy with his performance .... less happy with Spurrier and Marshal. Grant Stephens was mainly pushing back on media who were suggesting all people involved in supporting Medic Hotels should be isolated or quarantined. The issue of security staff being able to work in other jobs is a separate issue. That question should have been directed to the Government. If you don't want the security staff having second jobs the Government should seek to use someone other than private security firms, which are a highly casualised workforce.

Maybe they should have read the recommendations from the Victorian Inquiry (FWIW)
Attachments
Dedicated Personnel.png
Dedicated Personnel.png (37.46 KiB) Viewed 796 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:16 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

I think it was almost "Trumpest" to suggest what he did, I haven't seen the media anyway dictate that security staff should all be isolated when not working.
I do agree he's done a fairly good job otherwise, it was just the 2nd job issue I was miffed about.
I think the cops have been pretty good in the whole pandemic using a lot of common sense instead of laying down letters of laws/rules. I can't fault them or him in his leadership of them in that regard.
I haven't had an issue with Marshall too even though I didn't vote for him (except for the handling of this week), Spurrier is falling apart recently though.
There's no doubt they should have done something 3 days earlier, we could almost be back at work by now if they had. Introducing the measures they have yesterday and not early in the week is incompetent IMHO.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:19 pm

Mark Twain wrote: "Never argue with people who buy ink by the gallon"

Stevens is probably OK. The pen maybe mightier than the sword but it's no match for a Smith & Wesson M&P Semi Automatic Pistol and these people can issue infringement notices for almost anything.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:20 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Maybe they should have read the recommendations from the Victorian Inquiry (FWIW)
But from what I understand of this outbreak the cleaner who first contracted the virus and has been the source of most infections didn’t have another job and it was just simply passed on to her large family at home.
Unless you are going to keep all workers on site similar to FIFO you are always going to be at risk of a outbreak getting into the general public
Jim05
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:21 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Apparently the definition wasn’t really clear so the servo did its overnight order with Vili’s etc and were selling them until about 10am when notice came out that it wasn’t allowed. You can still buy ice creams, lollies, chips, chocolates etc but no actual food
Lots of servos got caught out it seems

I suppose, covid spreads through pies.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion