Rule Changes Season 2021

Talk on the national game

Re: Rule Changes Season 2021

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:39 pm

whufc wrote:Only way you get free flowing play back imo is to reward high scoring with premiership points for both the winning team and losing team.

Win 4 points
Draw 2 points
Loss 0 points
Bonus point for 10 goals, 2 pts for 15 goals, 3 pts for 20 goals regardless of whether you win or lose. I know people through the argument about weather etc but imo there is that many pros and cons it all negates it self. Is it statiscally proven under the roof at Etihad is higher scoring than any other ground.

Take away percentage as the tie breaker for even points and change the tie breaker to most points for.

No there is no difference
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:37 pm

Zelezny Chucks wrote:Time to limit the amount of coaches they can have at a club and the amount of contact time they get to coach them each week. Bring it back to the best football brains on the field rather than picking elite athletes and turning them into robots.

The game was at it's best when the best football brains got picked and started going downhill when they recruited the best athletes to turn into footballers - ability to apply pressure went up combined with the lower skill level has turned it into what we have today.

I think I've been saying this for years. Remove the laptops from the coaches box! There is too much analysis.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Grahaml wrote:Been saying for about 10 years now, make it 16 a side. Fixes basically every issue they have with congestion without the need for any new rules.

One of probably a dozen fairly obvious changes that would help but no, let's wait so players can walk back to positions inside the goalsquare. Lol.

Whilst I see your point do you think recruiters will recruit guys who can run vs those that can play football?

What that would do is remove players like Jarman x2 Greg Williams etc from the game completely.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL