2021 Player movements

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2021 Player movements

Postby heater31 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:34 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
Booney wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:The Eagles have finally announced that Troy and Daniel have signed with them:

THE WOODVILLE WEST TORRENS FOOTBALL CLUB IS DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE THE SIGNING OF BROTHERS DANIEL AND TROY MENZEL.
Daniel returned to Adelaide in 2020 to play alongside Troy in the SANFL after 80 AFL matches with Geelong and Sydney, whilst Troy has spent four of the past five seasons in the SANFL after 44 matches at Carlton and Adelaide.

On their signing coach Jade Sheedy said; “We are fortunate to have players of Daniel and Troy’s calibre want to come and play for our Club. The experience these two have had at both AFL and SANFL level will be invaluable to the group.”

“Troy has shown in the past couple of seasons at SANFL level his ability to impact up forward and through the midfield. Daniel has played mainly as a forward at AFL level but we certainly see him as being able to push further up the ground as well, which will give our group even greater flexibility.”

On the announcement Troy said, “Daniel and I are both super excited to be joining the Eagles in 2021. We look forward to getting stuck into pre-season with the boys in a couple of weeks.”

In other list management news, 19-year-old Eagles junior Jamie Coff has advised the Club he has signed with Central. The Club wishes Jamie all the best for the future.

You will also notice at the bottom of the release that they are announcing that Jamie Coff has left the Eagles to play with Central. I now expect Heater, Booney et al to get stuck into the Eagles, saying it is sour grapes for announcing where he is going ;)

Centrals announced it a week ago. [emoji38]

https://cdfc.com.au/news/recruiting-update/

i know, but you criticised Central simply for saying where the Menzels have signed, saying they should have only said they have left.. Haven't the Eagles just done the same with Jamie Coff?? Is it okay for other clubs to announce where their former players are heading but not Central?? ;)
Nope. No issue with the Eagles here. They have just confirmed what your club announced a while ago!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:34 pm

bulldogproud wrote:i know, but you criticised Central simply for saying where the Menzels have signed, saying they should have only said they have left.. Haven't the Eagles just done the same with Jamie Coff?? Is it okay for other clubs to announce where their former players are heading but not Central?? ;)

You f*cking with me or serious?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:56 pm

Booney wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:i know, but you criticised Central simply for saying where the Menzels have signed, saying they should have only said they have left.. Haven't the Eagles just done the same with Jamie Coff?? Is it okay for other clubs to announce where their former players are heading but not Central?? ;)

Both you and Heater criticised Central for announcing where the Menzels were heading (something all clubs actually do with their former players btw). I am just wondering why it is okay for other clubs to do it but somehow not okay for Central?? I can accept it if you think that we should have waited until after the Eagles made the announcement... but you seemed to indicate it is something that a club should never announce - leaving it to just 'they have not re-committed tothe club'.
Your own words: Not hard to say "The Menzel brothers have advised the club they will not be recommitting to the club in 2021"

Cheers

P.S. This should be the last I will say on the subject... moving on.

P.P.S.Sorry, mea culpa ... I just reread what you and Heater wrote - although at times it was not incredibly clear, I now believe you were both alluding to the fact that Central announced it first... and I accept that that is incorrect protocol. I think I lost the plot for a bit... just like you said my club did ;)
I would love to claim it on the shock of losing Troy and Dan... or on the heat... but I think I just plain stuffed up! :D

At the same time, I am sure our supporters appreciated hearing the move to the Eagles on our website first... rather than the 'upset' of hearing it on an oppostion website or on here. Maybe not the correct protocol, but an appreciated step given the importance of Dan and Troy to us.
Last edited by bulldogproud on Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:32 pm

It's not hypocritical because it's not the same thing.

Centrals announced Coff was coming on board last week. Eagles announced and wished well Coff at Centrals AFTER Centrals announced it.

Centrals announced the Menzel's are off to the Eagles BEFORE the Eagles announced it and also said ...looking forward to 2021 with "Team players"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MJP1993 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:36 pm

Booney wrote:It's not hypocritical because it's not the same thing.

Centrals announced Coff was coming on board last week. Eagles announced and wished well Coff at Centrals AFTER Centrals announced it.

Centrals announced the Menzel's are off to the Eagles BEFORE the Eagles announced it and also said ...looking forward to 2021 with "Team players"

I totally understand you Booney
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:37 pm

See, barely a week after their club is announced as back in the competition, already the Port supporters are causing mayhem and discord.... ;)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:45 pm

am Bays wrote:See, barely a week after their club is announced as back in the competition, already the Port supporters are causing mayhem and discord.... ;)

Sit tight.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:47 pm

Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:See, barely a week after their club is announced as back in the competition, already the Port supporters are causing mayhem and discord.... ;)

Sit tight.

:lol: :lol:

Gibbs is going to announce he's burned South for a the Marquee player and additional Development role at Por??? ;)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:51 pm

Speaking of Gibbs, I see the crows have rookie listed him for 2021.
How the **** does that work?
Is it so they can stretch his golden hand shake out til next year?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby DOC » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:53 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Speaking of Gibbs, I see the crows have rookie listed him for 2021.

$80k of his salary goes outside of the cap.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:56 pm

DOC wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Speaking of Gibbs, I see the crows have rookie listed him for 2021.

$80k of his salary goes outside of the cap.

Yeah I thought it’d have something to do with salary cap.
Also how can he be on an AFL list but be signed to play in the sanfl with South?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Out of curiosity when is Menzels court case being heard

Will that be sorted before the new season starts
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:11 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
Booney wrote:

Both you and Heater criticised Central for announcing where the Menzels were heading (something all clubs actually do with their former players btw). I am just wondering why it is okay for other clubs to do it but somehow not okay for Central?? I can accept it if you think that we should have waited until after the Eagles made the announcement... but you seemed to indicate it is something that a club should never announce - leaving it to just 'they have not re-committed tothe club'.
Your own words: Not hard to say "The Menzel brothers have advised the club they will not be recommitting to the club in 2021"

Cheers

P.S. This should be the last I will say on the subject... moving on.

P.P.S.Sorry, mea culpa ... I just reread what you and Heater wrote - although at times it was not incredibly clear, I now believe you were both alluding to the fact that Central announced it first... and I accept that that is incorrect protocol. I think I lost the plot for a bit... just like you said my club did ;)
I would love to claim it on the shock of losing Troy and Dan... or on the heat... but I think I just plain stuffed up! :D

At the same time, I am sure our supporters appreciated hearing the move to the Eagles on our website first... rather than the 'upset' of hearing it on an oppostion website or on here. Maybe not the correct protocol, but an appreciated step given the importance of Dan and Troy to us.

I can't believe there's even a discussion about it. Who gives a **** lol.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:12 pm

And you've added to it.... :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogs64 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:20 pm

Nothing yet about the Menzel's in any form of "coaching" role?
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:26 pm

Am I going out on a limb here.....
Attachments
extra-salty-tin-sign_1045-94.jpg
extra-salty-tin-sign_1045-94.jpg (118.85 KiB) Viewed 916 times
am Bays
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:29 pm

Dogs64 wrote:Nothing yet about the Menzel's in any form of "coaching" role?

WHO?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:30 pm

The two main whingers don’t even support the club that got the players
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:32 pm

whufc wrote:Out of curiosity when is Menzels court case being heard

Will that be sorted before the new season starts

Next hearing is mid next gear.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:41 pm

Booney wrote:It's not hypocritical because it's not the same thing.

I don't think you read my PPS on my previous post ;)
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL