CDFC 2024

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: CDFC 2021

Postby Jackal1 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:29 pm

''First round is probably the only chance of both Menzels being fit as well''

Just remember the Menzel's came to the Eagles for a reason and the reason was not money - there isn't any.
Most Eagles supporters were very surprised and we are not pinning any high expectations on them.
Jackal1
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 17 times

Postby DOC » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:59 pm

Not quite.

Money for playing per game, perhaps not.

Sign on fee Yes.

Jobs (coaching) yes.

As soon as the salary cap was dropped it was inevitable that the old way of paying would be back.

Same goes for Gibbs at South.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby stan » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:34 am

Brown paper bags?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby DOC » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:54 am

Bigger sign on fees and jobs.
DOC
Coach

Postby Blacky » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:09 pm

stan wrote:Brown paper bags?

coming from a norwood supporter
best club club at brown paper bags and a bloody big table :lol:
Current image:
Maximum dimensions; width: 100 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 20.51 KiB
The avatar functionality is currently DISABLED.
Blacky
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby stan » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:31 pm

Blacky wrote:
stan wrote:Brown paper bags?

coming from a norwood supporter
best club club at brown paper bags and a bloody big table [emoji38]
We have a ownership stake in a brown paper bag company.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:33 pm

In fact Cibo at Norwood is just a front for all the brown paper bag related activities. I mean come on, nobody actually drinks that piss water coffee.
stan
Coach

Postby Maggies2002 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:33 pm

Menzels were undercut by the dogs and if they were after money could have played country football. It doesn't take much to see they were disenchanted after Andrews got the ass. I wish Sturt was in a position to have offered them something.
Maggies2002

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Dogs64 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:30 am

Maggies2002 wrote:Menzels were undercut by the dogs and if they were after money could have played country football. It doesn't take much to see they were disenchanted after Andrews got the ass. I wish Sturt was in a position to have offered them something.

If they were after money, they could play for the Eagles. Has it been mentioned as yet what jobs theyve got?
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby ferret » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:24 pm

Dogs64 wrote:
Maggies2002 wrote:Menzels were undercut by the dogs and if they were after money could have played country football. It doesn't take much to see they were disenchanted after Andrews got the ass. I wish Sturt was in a position to have offered them something.

If they were after money, they could play for the Eagles. Has it been mentioned as yet what jobs theyve got?

Here we go again, sour is getting very sour.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby DOC » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:43 pm

Dogs64 wrote:

Coaching.
DOC
Coach

Postby northerner » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:05 pm

Andrews had primed them for roles within the club that were (A) already currently filled and (B) not his responsibility to offer.
Hence their disenchantment with Andrews being dismissed.
We lost two because coach was sacked. Would have lost many more if coach remained.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Groucho » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:53 pm

ferret wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:

Why shouldn't we be sour? Do you expect us to be happy and shout Hallelujah?
Perhaps you'd like to take some more of our best players. :evil: :twisted: :roll:

Are we to receive transfer fees? Or do the Eagles get them for nothing?
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:43 am

Groucho wrote:
ferret wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:

Perhaps you'd like to take some more of our best players. :evil: :twisted: :roll:

we will be duly compensated.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby heater31 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:46 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
Groucho wrote:
ferret wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:[quote="Maggies2002"]Menzels were undercut by the dogs and if they were after money could have played country football. It doesn't take much to see they were disenchanted after Andrews got the ass. I wish Sturt was in a position to have offered them something.

we will be duly compensated.[/quote]Use the transfer money wisely......perhaps buy some fresh grapes as the ones you currently have are a bit sour!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby bulldogproud » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:37 pm

The reason we have the Barossa as our country zone is so that we can utilise as many sour grapes as we want.... and we will continue to. Us Doggies know how to utilise or 'cry' sour grapes better than anyone. ;)
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby whufc » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:29 pm

Looks like Templeton is coming back...…………..what's that his third spell with the club now.

Really not sure about the club continuously bringing back previous players that were 'serviceable' prior. Pretties up our recruiting numbers this year to a total of 6 players now with 3 of them being returning planners. Definitely hoping we recruit a few more because on 'paper' the outs look greater than the ins by a mile. Yeah yeah I know games aren't played on paper but its hardly enough to make the fans come back in the hoards.

Is any other club bringing players as regularly as the Dogs.....I know it worked for North with the Campbell brothers.

In recent times the Dogs have had

-James Boyd (3 stints at the club)
-Ben Nason (4579 stints at the club...………...is my fav though and one of the best blokes you will ever meet)
-Jacob Templeton (2-3 stints)
-Sam Hannah (2 stints)
-John Butcher (2 stints)

Screams of lazy recruiting in my opinion especially when considering only Boyd and Butcher have had extended periods of elite SANFL performance. The rest have been serviceable at best all spending time in and out of the league side.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:05 pm

whufc wrote:Looks like Templeton is coming back...…………..what's that his third spell with the club now.

Really not sure about the club continuously bringing back previous players that were 'serviceable' prior. Pretties up our recruiting numbers this year to a total of 6 players now with 3 of them being returning planners. Definitely hoping we recruit a few more because on 'paper' the outs look greater than the ins by a mile. Yeah yeah I know games aren't played on paper but its hardly enough to make the fans come back in the hoards.

Is any other club bringing players as regularly as the Dogs.....I know it worked for North with the Campbell brothers.

-Ben Nason (4579 stints at the club...………...is my fav though and one of the best blokes you will ever meet)
-Sam Hannah (2 stints)
-John Butcher (2 stints)

Screams of lazy recruiting in my opinion especially when considering only Boyd and Butcher have had extended periods of elite SANFL performance. The rest have been serviceable at best all spending time in and out of the league side.

It's not lazy recruiting, I think it's creating depth.
Don't fret though, The Club is doing EVERYTHING it can to secure some "A" Grade recruits.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:21 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:Looks like Templeton is coming back...…………..what's that his third spell with the club now.

-Sam Hannah (2 stints)
-John Butcher (2 stints)

It's not lazy recruiting, I think it's creating depth.
Don't fret though, The Club is doing EVERYTHING it can to secure some "A" Grade recruits.

We would definitely want to snag a few because elite talent is the issue not depth. Especially given how the ressies have performed in recent years.

At present the ins/outs is very ugly even before you take into account a lot of other clubs seemed to have improved their squads.

Surely by now we have secured some pending AFL draft.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby northerner » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:00 pm

We would definitely want to snag a few because elite talent is the issue not depth

THIS.... has been our issue for 5 seasons.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL