PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:03 am

Shout out to Cam and the mob at Eyre Royals for their support on the 19th.

It's our life member Rob Turners 500th game on the 19th Dec - fair accomplishment when you consider Churches CA were 10 game seasons of 2 day matches.. it's 57yrs of cricket at the one club.

Eyre have been good enough to agree to an adjustment in fixture, with a double header at Enfield on the Saturday - A grade starting at 11:00am followed by the D Grade (LO4) in a day/night game under lights.

It's a huge occasion for our club, and to celebrate the milestone of arguably the most important and one of the most respected persons in our clubs 93yr history, so we are extremely thankful to Cam and their club for allowing it to occur.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby arvoteapig » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:42 pm

Whispers coming from the light region that Costanzo is debuting for Dublin this week big in for sharks.
arvoteapig
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby arvoteapig » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:43 pm

Overhead two Dublin lads talking at the petrol station while filling up tonight - huge news.
arvoteapig
Mini-League

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:37 am

Dom costanzo and Kyle Presbury both making their debut off no training and haven’t picked up a bat in a very long time.. Both jets though, will get Dublin over the line this week
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby arvoteapig » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:02 pm

Lyndon Woods launches Virginia into the bottom four with a six to sink their ship today - sharks chase down 200 on another flat deck. Costanzo very handy electric in the field.
arvoteapig
Mini-League

Postby auto » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:13 pm

Vista B grade made 166 batting first then refused to field. What the?

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Bedge » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:25 pm

auto wrote:Vista B grade made 166 batting first then refused to field. What the?

Match abandoned due to some drama I’m told.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby auto » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:27 pm

Grade 4 is looking like Dublin by a fair way with Two Wells and North Pines next in line. Dublin bringing more players into thier A grade will only increase the gap in grade 4.

Trying to find a way that we could beat them come finals time but it looks tough. Wotton made 200+ yesterday.

Have seen some close calls over the years but finally seen an anonymous player hit a big bomb that smashed his wifes cars back window.

auto
League - Top 5

Postby auto » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:28 pm

The Bedge wrote:
auto wrote:Vista B grade made 166 batting first then refused to field. What the?

Match abandoned due to some drama I’m told.
Heard the drama was minor and it had more to do with the conditions.

auto
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:21 pm

Last round this weekend before the xmas break and marks halfway point of the season.

All ladders look pretty tight - only 1pt separates the top 3 sides in Div 1, with Dublin and Virginia not far behind. Angle Vale and NEK are a little off the pace, but not without a chance of closing the gap in the back half.

Surprisingly, the PDCA Golden Child Eyre Royals are sitting top off Grade 2 following an incredible run chase on the weekend! Like Grade 1, not much between the top 3 sides. Craigmore with back to back wins and ATCO smacking the 2020/21 premiers Central United has the middle of the table as tight as a nuns proverbial. Westies the only side that don't look like being in the mix.

Grade 3 with NEK and Enfield out in front, but only 1pt between them, followed by the Pirates and OTH not far back.. Eyre Royals had a slip at the weekend, but sit half a game behind OTH and i would expect them to get motoring after the break. Craigmore moved up the ladder after their win on the weekend, but it's hard to see them challenging at the moment.

Grade 4 has Dublin streets ahead, but then the next couple are close in Two Wells and North Pines, with Enfield and Units likely contesting for the last finals spot. Westies are always a danger though, and are only a couple points behind Enfield so who knows.

LO1 Vista look set for another flag in this division.

LO2 looks a ripper with Eyre, Trinity, Pines, Warriors and Pirates all in the mix, with Angle Vale a game back from there.

LO3 Is all Westies with Craigmore and Eyre. Virginia should round out the 4.

LO4 Enfield in front with some luck early, Eastern Park should continue to improve and North Pines and Salisbury West very capable. Athelstone building and find themselves barely outside the 4 - the bottom 3 sides have no claims on a finals spot.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:34 pm

The Bedge wrote:Last round this weekend before the xmas break and marks halfway point of the season.

All ladders look pretty tight - only 1pt separates the top 3 sides in Div 1, with Dublin and Virginia not far behind. Angle Vale and NEK are a little off the pace, but not without a chance of closing the gap in the back half.

Surprisingly, the PDCA Golden Child Eyre Royals are sitting top off Grade 2 following an incredible run chase on the weekend! Like Grade 1, not much between the top 3 sides. Craigmore with back to back wins and ATCO smacking the 2020/21 premiers Central United has the middle of the table as tight as a nuns proverbial. Westies the only side that don't look like being in the mix.

Grade 3 with NEK and Enfield out in front, but only 1pt between them, followed by the Pirates and OTH not far back.. Eyre Royals had a slip at the weekend, but sit half a game behind OTH and i would expect them to get motoring after the break. Craigmore moved up the ladder after their win on the weekend, but it's hard to see them challenging at the moment.

Grade 4 has Dublin streets ahead, but then the next couple are close in Two Wells and North Pines, with Enfield and Units likely contesting for the last finals spot. Westies are always a danger though, and are only a couple points behind Enfield so who knows.

LO1 Vista look set for another flag in this division.

LO2 looks a ripper with Eyre, Trinity, Pines, Warriors and Pirates all in the mix, with Angle Vale a game back from there.

LO3 Is all Westies with Craigmore and Eyre. Virginia should round out the 4.

LO4 Enfield in front with some luck early, Eastern Park should continue to improve and North Pines and Salisbury West very capable. Athelstone building and find themselves barely outside the 4 - the bottom 3 sides have no claims on a finals spot.

That's such an Atco thing to do....go and beat the top side out of no way. Did it to Salisbury West in grade 1 on a couple of occasions as well.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby the joker » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:40 pm

North pines A grade needed 5 off the last ball. The number 11 who had never hit a six in his career. Clears the ropes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:02 pm

the joker wrote:North pines A grade needed 5 off the last ball. The number 11 who had never hit a six in his career. Clears the ropes

Glorious!

I hope someone had their phone out
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby BenchedEagle » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:43 pm

auto wrote:Grade 4 is looking like Dublin by a fair way with Two Wells and North Pines next in line. Dublin bringing more players into thier A grade will only increase the gap in grade 4.

Trying to find a way that we could beat them come finals time but it looks tough. Wotton made 200+ yesterday.

Have seen some close calls over the years but finally seen an anonymous player hit a big bomb that smashed his wifes cars back window.

Good summary.
I was under that ball hit by handy ring in Adam Harris, all I saw over the coaches box was an explosion of black toughened glass as the ball hit the reversed car!
Two Wells are a good bunch of guys, have a lot of respect for them and the way they play the game. If we cant get up I hope they do.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:47 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:handy ring in Adam Harris.

Handy indeed!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:51 am

The Bedge wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:handy ring in Adam Harris.

Handy indeed!

52 off 26 balls, he got out with the score of 2/59, sounds like Gary Jones back in the day, I seen him knock up the team 100 and his own ton with the same hit. Good bloke too.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:51 am

BenchedEagle wrote:
auto wrote:Grade 4 is looking like Dublin by a fair way with Two Wells and North Pines next in line. Dublin bringing more players into thier A grade will only increase the gap in grade 4.

Good summary.
I was under that ball hit by handy ring in Adam Harris, all I saw over the coaches box was an explosion of black toughened glass as the ball hit the reversed car!
Two Wells are a good bunch of guys, have a lot of respect for them and the way they play the game. If we cant get up I hope they do.

Sheesh, 6/1 is a fair collapse, lucky Jordy went alright.

How many Levett's you got back out there? Haven't had the luxury of the meerkat go back there?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:

Good summary.

Sheesh, 6/1 is a fair collapse, lucky Jordy went alright.

How many Levett's you got back out there? Haven't had the luxury of the meerkat go back there?
havent been at Units long enough to know who the meerkat is? Lol just Jarrad, came back from Craigmore to fill-in some numbers, trys hard for us.
Having Jordan back is good, if we can ever get our As to full strength we would have a decent side.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:04 am

BenchedEagle wrote:havent been at Units long enough to know who the meerkat is? Lol just Jarrad, came back from Craigmore to fill-in some numbers, trys hard for us.
Having Jordan back is good, if we can ever get our As to full strength we would have a decent side.

Is Jarrad a young bloodnut that talks a lot?

I think the meerkat is Matt for memory, I reckon it could be his old man.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:46 am

PDCA playing the SA Outbacks on Karen Rolton Oval tomorrow night. Bloody decent side. I reckon the lure of playing on the second best oval in the state has got most interested. I'm sure we could nit pick the team but that's a pretty decent one, they've done a good job.

Justin DAVIES - Salisbury West
Travis McINTYRE - Salisbury West
Lachlan GOSS - Dublin
Brodie BARKER - Dublin
Riley BARKER - Dublin
Jamie HIBBETT - North Pines
Adam FREEMAN - North Pines
Dion LUCAS - North Pines
Justin CARMAN - Angle Vale
Aaron MEREDITH - Angle Vale
Nathan WARREN - Virginia
Anthony BASCOMBE - Virginia