US

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: US

Postby Q. » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:29 am

DOC wrote:Neither of those reports at any stage say anything resembling "ANTIFA instigated the thuggery at the Capitol Hill ". They both say that according to a source (not named) that 2 (two) of the people amongst the protestors may have been ANTIFA members.

Yet you NEVER read, listen or watch MSM.

You can not have psychological warfare when you are unarmed.

Also, the NYP is owned by Murdoch who is directly responsible for the disinformation campaign and just as as responsible for the terrorism that took place yesterday.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:31 am

stan wrote:Now on a more serious note, I don't doubt that some of the protest and thuggery was infiltrated by some anarchists and that will included Antifa, Qanon and probably a few other groups as well. However with Proud boys and alot of Trump supporters out there and easily the majority of the masses there, they are still accountable for this.

MAGA/QAnon/white supremacists had been organising this for some time and is documented on online chatter (https://www.bellingcat.com/news/america ... ngton-d-c/) - furthermore, these individuals were literally live streaming themselves on Parler conducting the terrorism!
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:41 am

stan wrote:
Magellan wrote:I wish I could reproduce the image here, but a friend sent me a WhatsApp message earlier today with a photo of a protester in front of the Capitol this morning brandishing a Trump 2020 flag and the flag of Georgia.

Unfortunately for him, the latter was the flag of Georgia the country, not the State of Georgia. [emoji38]
Mate you can post it here, WhatsApp saves your photos to your phone.

There are some good photos doing the rounds, photographers and general people with there phones did well to get some interesting shots today.

Cheers, Stan, finally worked it out. Here it is:
Attachments
Georgia on my flag.jpg
Georgia on my flag.jpg (137.16 KiB) Viewed 521 times
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:03 am

How lucky are we here in Australia?

Scott Morrison spent his break building a coop and we lost our shit. Trump meanwhile was building a coup.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10718 times

Postby Gosaints » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:10 am

Magellan wrote:
stan wrote:
Magellan wrote:I wish I could reproduce the image here, but a friend sent me a WhatsApp message earlier today with a photo of a protester in front of the Capitol this morning brandishing a Trump 2020 flag and the flag of Georgia.

Unfortunately for him, the latter was the flag of Georgia the country, not the State of Georgia. [emoji38]
Mate you can post it here, WhatsApp saves your photos to your phone.

There are some good photos doing the rounds, photographers and general people with there phones did well to get some interesting shots today.

Cheers, Stan, finally worked it out. Here it is:

kinda says it all.
Gosaints
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:41 am

He's finally conceded.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby RB » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:00 pm

stan wrote:Now on a more serious note, I don't doubt that some of the protest and thuggery was infiltrated by some anarchists and that will included Antifa, Qanon and probably a few other groups as well. However with Proud boys and alot of Trump supporters out there and easily the majority of the masses there, they are still accountable for this.

I mean, given that Trump invited these folks to Washington, spoke at their event, offered to walk them to the Capitol and praised them strongly afterwards, if they were actually Antifa, then Trumpy is one dumb-arse ****.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 758 times
Been liked: 1068 times

Postby RB » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:02 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:I find this by just simple browsing i guess there will be more info in the next few days either confirming or denying as i have said once before i hate em all we are all being lied to and being manipulated.

So, after your 'simple browsing' has not yielded anything which supports your claim, do you still think that Antifa are behind the protests?

Or do you think it more likely that the vast majority of rioters yesterday were Trump supporters?

Genuinely interested in any conclusions you can draw for us here.
RB
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:19 pm

I mean, given that Trump invited these folks to Washington, spoke at their event, offered to walk them to the Capitol and praised them strongly afterwards, if they were actually Antifa[b], then Trumpy is one dumb-arse [/b]****.[/quote]

You just worked that out.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 487 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby DOC » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:43 pm

The attempts at re-writing history begin:

Texas Senator Ted Cruz has given an interview to US media, distancing himself from the President. "The President's language and rhetoric often goes too far. I think, yesterday in particular, the President's language and rhetoric crossed the line and it was reckless," Cruz said.

“I disagree with it, and I have disagreed with the president's language and rhetoric for the last four years,” he said.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 2071 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:45 pm

DOC wrote:The attempts at re-writing history begin:

Texas Senator Ted Cruz has given an interview to US media, distancing himself from the President. "The President's language and rhetoric often goes too far. I think, yesterday in particular, the President's language and rhetoric crossed the line and it was reckless," Cruz said.

“I disagree with it, and I have disagreed with the president's language and rhetoric for the last four years,” he said.

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:19 pm

RB wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:I find this by just simple browsing i guess there will be more info in the next few days either confirming or denying as i have said once before i hate em all we are all being lied to and being manipulated.

So, after your 'simple browsing' has not yielded anything which supports your claim, do you still think that Antifa are behind the protests?

Or do you think it more likely that the vast majority of rioters yesterday were Trump supporters?

You still missed my two little words ' IF TRUE " I supply the story you can come to your own conclusion.

Any how from what i have been reading apart from the unfortunate 4 deaths it was one of the most peaceful protests ever compared to the rioting looting burning of various cities in 2020 by ANTIFA BLM and all the other nutters which resulted up to 2 BILLION Dollars of damage and citizens livelihoods destroyed

CNN covered those riots for a whole year as peaceful protests so was this also a peaceful protest :lol:
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:27 pm

If nothing else he makes me laugh, old Apache.

Then I remember he's allowed to vote and I sob.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:27 pm

People resigning, now tying to distance themselves. My god, grow a pair people, you backed him when the times were good so suck it up now.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1252 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:35 pm

stan wrote:

People resigning, now tying to distance themselves. My god, grow a pair people, you backed him when the times were good so suck it up now.

Spot on Stan spineless cowards cos they now realise they all have to get back into that happy elite club to enable themselves to put their long snouts into that big deep trough and feed on those lovely truffles in Washington or is it the Swamp ?????

The best politicians for me are those that hang high with a noose around their necks. :D
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:40 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:The best politicians for me are those that hang high with a noose around their necks. :D

Quite the individual.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:46 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:it was one of the most peaceful protests ever compared to the rioting looting burning of various cities in 2020 by ANTIFA BLM and all the other nutters which resulted up to 2 BILLION Dollars of damage and citizens livelihoods destroyed

You remind me of Oscar Wilde's cynic - someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:47 pm

M ake
A pache
G reat
A gain
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:55 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:You still missed my two little words ' IF TRUE " I supply the story you can come to your own conclusion.

So we can make our own truth? :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3976 times

Postby RB » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:16 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:
RB wrote:

You still missed my two little words ' IF TRUE " I supply the story you can come to your own conclusion.

Yeah, what a cop out Apache.

You're usually full of thoughts on a whole range of matters, but you're never able to provide answers when you realise you've screwed up.

I'll ask you again: After reading various articles from different sources, which is apparently what you do, do you think that the bulk of demonstrators yesterday in Washington were a) Trump supporters or b) Antifa?
RB
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics