US

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: US

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:23 pm

Love em America politics still keep giving yumeee.

New Republican Senator is going to file articles of impeachement against President Biden when he takes office over the dirty dealings with Ukraine and also China.

Good to see one Republican has woken up and now is playing the same dirty game the Democrats have been playing for the last four years.

Its gonna be another interesting few years in the good ole USA :lol:

https://trendingpolitics.com/breaking-g ... uary-21st/
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:25 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Oh dear..........

TWATTER what a joke it has become.

Yep double standards Hypocrisy at its finest.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:27 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Love em America politics still keep giving yumeee.

New Republican Senator is going to file articles of impeachement against President Biden when he takes office over the dirty dealings with Ukraine and also China.

Good to see one Republican has woken up and now is playing the same dirty game the Democrats have been playing for the last four years.

A newly elected Republican congresswoman has said she will be filing articles of impeachment against Joe Biden on his first day in office.

Marjorie Taylor Greene, who attracted notoriety for being the first QAnon conspiracist elected to Congress, made the announcement via Twitter.

"On January 21, 2021, I'll be filing Articles of Impeachment against Joe Biden for abuse of power," she wrote.

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10718 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:48 pm

Trader wrote:I haven't followed this Parler thing that closely, so please jump in and correct me on the following understanding/assumptions:

In response to getting kicked off most 'mainstream' social media sites, right wing nazi types migrated to Parler and used the service as a way of spreading their messages.

I'm assuming Parler is an app?

Silicon Valley didn't like the fact that kicking them all off Twitter/FB/etc wasn't enough, and pressuring Parler to do the same (remove specific users) wasn't working, as Parler was happy to take the traffic, no matter how bad the customers were?

So they (Big-tech) decided to block the entire app altogether, and removed Parler from the app store and google play?

Assuming the above is roughly correct, Parler has then elected to sue those that removed their app?

Another thing that isn't clear to me is where Amazon comes into it? Does Amazon have an equivalent to the app store and google play?

Why was Parler eliminated i personally did not come across any posts inciting violence its all a load of codswallop plus its really about eliminating the opposition/competition because of the millions of users mainly CONSERVATIVES are leaving/left TWATTER and FAARKBOOK.

Its all about silencing conservative voices.

Read this the other day

This is how communist countries control their citizens.

Close down dissenting speech control there thoughts in public control there platforms for dissent control there means of income and make them rely on the government for their income,

Lots of misinformation coming out from BIG Tech using statements like trump inciting violence right wing extremists why did they not use the same deplatforming standards over the last four years when the xtreme left was causing chaos and havoc.

Once again nothing but utter HYPOCRITES.

Theres gonna be lots of lawsuits against Zuckerhead Dorsey Bin Laden and Bullshit Bezos

On a funnier note im hearing Trump is gonna start a social media app to rival TWATTER its gonna be called

Wait for it.

TRUMPET :lol:

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Magellan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:07 pm

Booney wrote:

A newly elected Republican congresswoman has said she will be filing articles of impeachment against Joe Biden on his first day in office.

Marjorie Taylor Greene, who attracted notoriety for being the first QAnon conspiracist elected to Congress, made the announcement via Twitter.

"On January 21, 2021, I'll be filing Articles of Impeachment against Joe Biden for abuse of power," she wrote.

She must also be a soothsayer, since she already knows of Biden's alleged abuses of power before he's in the seat of power. Amazing.

Also, it's not worth the effort given the Democrats hold power in both houses. She's got more chance of impeaching Bill Peach than Biden.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:12 pm

Q. wrote:
Q. wrote:Amazon's response to Parler's lawsuit is interesting:

Amazon cites some of the Parler content that is being defended:

Let me premise by saying both sides should be punished for inciting engaging promoting any form of violence.

So Q

Also give us a list of all the hate speech from lefty TWATTER FAARKBOOK users etc or are they just perfect little angels :lol:

How about a list of Democrat Reps/Senators officials who publicly have been calling for and supporting violence against Trump and his supporters over the last four years and also had no issues with promoting/ endorsing rioting looting burning and murder yep sorry peaceful protests LOL

I can think of some

Maxine Waters Senator

Kameleon Harris endorsing and approving of bail for xtreme left criminals last year.

Summer of love SeattLe Mayor Jenny Durkan

Heaps of others using violent rhetoric

But thats all quite ok.

So do you get my point there is no consistency.

What a joke Big Tech companies have become. :(
Last edited by Apachebulldog on Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:21 pm

Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:

She must also be a soothsayer, since she already knows of Biden's alleged abuses of power before he's in the seat of power. Amazing.

Also, it's not worth the effort given the Democrats hold power in both houses. She's got more chance of impeaching Bill Peach than Biden.

True its gonna be another interesting four years only in America LOL

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:23 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:
Q. wrote:
Q. wrote:Amazon's response to Parler's lawsuit is interesting:

Amazon cites some of the Parler content that is being defended:

Nice list

Now list all the Democrat officials who publicly have been calling for and supporting violence against Trump and his supporters over the last four years and also had no issues with promoting/ endorsing all rioting looting burning and murder yep sorry peaceful protests LOL

I can think of some

Maxine Waters Senator

Kameleon Harris endorsing and approving of bail for xtreme left criminals last year.

But thats all quite ok.

There’s been a lot of that shite from the Victorian We Love Dan hit squad directed to anyone that criticises Andrews as well
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:35 pm

Yeah seen that Jimmy of Dirty Dan certain people and causes are protected.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Q. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:02 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:
Q. wrote:Amazon cites some of the Parler content that is being defended:

Nice list

Now list all the Democrat officials who publicly have been calling for and supporting violence against Trump and his supporters over the last four years and also had no issues with promoting/ endorsing all rioting looting burning and murder yep sorry peaceful protests LOL

I can think of some

Maxine Waters Senator

But thats all quite ok.

There’s been a lot of that shite from the Victorian We Love Dan hit squad directed to anyone that criticises Andrews as well

Oh yeah, I regularly see Dan Stans *checks notes* threaten to assassinate politicians and call people n****** :roll:

And you both miss the point. Platforms like Twitter and Facebook moderate their content - threats of violence get reported, posts get deleted and users get banned. Parler was being asked to purge and moderate content to abide by the ToS, which they refused to do.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:19 pm

Q. wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:
Q. wrote:Amazon cites some of the Parler content that is being defended:

Nice list

I can think of some

Maxine Waters Senator

But thats all quite ok.

Oh yeah, I regularly see Dan Stans *checks notes* threaten to assassinate politicians and call people n****** :roll:

And you both miss the point. Platforms like Twitter and Facebook[b] moderate their content - threats of violence get reported, posts get deleted and users get banned. Parler was being asked to purge and moderate content to abide by the ToS, which they refused to do.

[/b]

RUBBISH do you not comprehend can you not see there are different standards of policing the so called violations it all depends on what side of politics you are on.

Mate how about that list exposing all lefty violent rhetoric on all these platforms over the last FOUR years that is not been/being censored .

Just do a 10 minute search like this guest suggests.

Twitter nothing but HYPOCRITES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlNDFAU_Eik
Last edited by Apachebulldog on Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:22 pm

Of course you don’t see it. You probably only look for anything that supports your warped views or just make it up

https://www.afr.com/companies/media-and ... 811-p55kon

Gee the Guardian has been infiltrated with Murdochs: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... n-victoria

And Leigh Sales copping it: https://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/do ... d/4081094/
Ah, but the Mercury is Murdoch and Sales has said its false..... not. Plus much of it is still up to see despite the wonderful moderation you laud
Some of the crap I’ve seen from the Dan cheer squad is just disgusting.

But it never happened because you never saw it. The bliss of ignorance

The good thing is it’s starting to turn and people are suing for defamation so go your hardest.
https://www.mondaq.com/australia/social ... -by-others
https://www.taylorwessing.com/download/ ... media.html

Good luck - I’m not replying anymore.
Last edited by Jimmy_041 on Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:43 pm

Yep Jimmy i have previously seen some of those articles some time back.

Lawyers and Judges gonna be very busy . :Hangman:

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Q. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:06 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Of course you don’t see it. You probably only look for anything that supports your warped views or just make it up

Gee the Guardian has been infiltrated with Murdochs: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... n-victoria

And Leigh Sales copping it: https://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/do ... d/4081094/
Ah, but the Mercury is Murdoch and Sales has said its false..... not. Plus much of it is still up to see despite the wonderful moderation you laud

The good thing is it’s starting to turn and people are suing for defamation so go your hardest.

Agree that the moderation on Twitter is not perfect - Yassmin Abdel-Magied, for one example, was and is subject to rape and death threats from the right, and that content often slips by moderation or the action to remove is slow. Females often get targeted with death/rape threats and higher profile PoC often get targeted with racism. The point is that the function exists to report and moderate - Parler refused to conduct any moderation of content as requested to meet the ToS, which is why they were removed from the app store. This is a key point you're happy to overlook as you cry 'censorship'.
Q.
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:46 am

Q. wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Of course you don’t see it. You probably only look for anything that supports your warped views or just make it up

Agree that the moderation on Twitter is not perfect - Yassmin Abdel-Magied, for one example, was and is subject to rape and death threats from the right, and that content often slips by moderation or the action to remove is slow. Females often get targeted with death/rape threats and higher profile PoC often get targeted with racism. The point is that the function exists to report and moderate - Parler refused to conduct any moderation of content as requested to meet the ToS, which is why they were removed from the app store. This is a key point you're happy to overlook as you cry 'censorship'.

Have I cried censorship? Show me where

Parlar? I had no idea what it is until I read it on here this week so I have no idea what their TOS are.
You seem to know all these spots + read Murdoch more than a normal person.

My stance has always been Twitter is a cesspool that needs cleaning up. It is not free speech. It is an open forum for any keyboard hero to abuse, threaten or defame anyone else. I have not taken any sides in that stance. You first lauded their moderation but now it’s not “perfect”?

But to so easily dismiss the denigrating & threatening abuse towards female journalists because another female was treated in a similar way is nothing but abhorrent. Unlike you, I condemn that sort of treatment / abuse against anyone + the online carriage they use; but you defend it.

Are you able to go any lower this week?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:01 am

It looks like the bromance may be over - reportedly Trump is refusing to pay Rudy Guiliani's legal fees. Who'd have thunk it?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/14/trump-refusing-to-pay-rudy-giuliani-legal-fees-after-falling-out
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby DOC » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:05 am

Yes indeed but when he found out that his hair was of color what choice did he have.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 2071 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:12 am

DOC wrote:Yes indeed but when he found out that his hair was of color what choice did he have.

It's a bit rough though that a guy who colours his face takes umbrage at a guy who colours his hair.

Perhaps Rudy signed Trump up on a 'no win, no fee' basis. Last time he'll do that (for more than one reason).
Magellan
Coach

Postby DOC » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:22 am

Rudi won all those cases, and by a lot.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 2071 times

Postby Q. » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:21 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:

Have I cried censorship? Show me where

Parlar? I had no idea what it is until I read it on here this week so I have no idea what their TOS are.
You seem to know all these spots + read Murdoch more than a normal person.

My stance has always been Twitter is a cesspool that needs cleaning up. It is not free speech. It is an open forum for any keyboard hero to abuse, threaten or defame anyone else. I have not taken any sides in that stance. You first lauded their moderation but now it’s not “perfect”?

But to so easily dismiss the denigrating & threatening abuse towards female journalists because another female was treated in a similar way is nothing but abhorrent. Unlike you, I condemn that sort of treatment / abuse against anyone + the online carriage they use; but you defend it.

Are you able to go any lower this week?

Please quote exactly where I defended threatening abuse towards other female journalists? Really, really poor accusation of you to make - shame on you, Jimmy, shame on you [-X For someone who condemns abuse, you sure do like dishing it out then

I haven't lauded Twitter's moderation, I've pointed out that it has a function to moderate, which is in contrast to Parler.
Q.
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics