Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:21 pm

Is there a reason that some one outside the loop wouldn't be aware that Jake Winter has never had a go at the state level ?
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:51 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:Is there a reason that some one outside the loop wouldn't be aware that Jake Winter has never had a go at the state level ?

Supposedly he struggles against quicker/shorter bowling at the next level. Dominates at grade level though. Had a rookie contract for a couple of years I think. Not sure if he was ever on a full contract. Had last season off cricket completely. Has a fair bit of ability. A shame that our players don't seem to be able to tighten up these weaknesses and progress. We don't have enough talent to just move onto the next player.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:52 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:Is there a reason that some one outside the loop wouldn't be aware that Jake Winter has never had a go at the state level ?

Supposedly he struggles against quicker/shorter bowling at the next level. Dominates at grade level though. Had a rookie contract for a couple of years I think. Not sure if he was ever on a full contract. Had last season off cricket completely. Has a fair bit of ability. A shame that our players don't seem to be able to tighten up these weaknesses and progress. We don't have enough talent to just move onto the next player.

Jake turned down another year of rookie contract two years ago and went back to study Commerce. Lost the passion to do cricket full time.

The problem is when they finish Under 19’s State they are left in limbo. Few years ago they had Emerging Redbacks squad, but then cut that squad in half, so only couple of young players in that now. But they did not have a pace bowling coach, no spin coach, a couple of wicketkeeper batsmen coaches. Bowlers basically just used as bowling machines at training with no coaching whatsoever.

They should put more time and money into this area as this is where they need the better coaching. Why these talented kids don’t develop any further and then finally give the game away. Again, Tim Neilson’s area of control that he has failed in immensely!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:57 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

Jake turned down another year of rookie contract two years ago and went back to study Commerce. Lost the passion to do cricket full time.

The problem is when they finish Under 19’s State they are left in limbo. Few years ago they had Emerging Redbacks squad, but then cut that squad in half, so only couple of young players in that now. But they did not have a pace bowling coach, no spin coach, a couple of wicketkeeper batsmen coaches. Bowlers basically just used as bowling machines at training with no coaching whatsoever.

They should put more time and money into this area as this is where they need the better coaching. Why these talented kids don’t develop any further and then finally give the game away. Again, Tim Neilson’s area of control that he has failed in immensely!!

Spot on. The only one I can think of that's gone through from 19s recently is Pope. I don't count Liam Scott as he's from NSW. It looks like maybe one of the Kelly twins might be in consideration (I know both did well in Tas last week) but other than those there hasn't been a lot of local talent coming through. The ones that dominate grade cricket in the past (i.e. B Pengelley, Valente, Davis, McInerney etc.) struggle at the next step. Maybe because of those exact reasons you have mentioned above.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Insider_Trading » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:18 pm

Lehmann given 3 match ban.

East Torrens/Lehmann apparently appealing it.

Appeal likely to be held on Thursday afternoon/evening.
Insider_Trading
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:27 pm

Insider_Trading wrote:Lehmann given 3 match ban.

Lots of discussion amongst Grade circles, although never reported before, amazing how many people reckon he has done it before :shock:

Once I found it it was a chewie he spat, I thought three games was right penalty. So not unhappy with this decision.

Does that rule him out of Semi of One day comp, and two minor round games?

Not surprised they appealed it, will probably get a softcock hearing the appeal who will give him slap on the wrist :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:49 am

Eagles2014 wrote:

Lots of discussion amongst Grade circles, although never reported before, amazing how many people reckon he has done it before :shock:

Once I found it it was a chewie he spat, I thought three games was right penalty. So not unhappy with this decision.

Not surprised they appealed it, will probably get a softcock hearing the appeal who will give him slap on the wrist :shock:

Wasn't that long ago that he was touted as "the next big thing" in Aussie cricket.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:35 am

Then his dad lost his job at CA
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:07 am

Brodlach wrote:Then his dad lost his job at CA

He turned to shit before then I reckon.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:13 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

What happened?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:39 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

What happened?

Yeah do tell!?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:49 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

What happened?

Yeah do tell!?

Read back a page :D

Basically, Lehmann got out to David Grant and appeared to spit in his face. Turned out he spat the chewie in his mouth directly at him, landed about a foot in front of him. Players were furious and about 9 of them surrounded him basically. Subsequently suspended for three games. Appeal tomorrow tonight I think.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:57 pm

Cheers.

Someone should have punched him in the head.
Spitting is disgraceful even if it was just with a chewie.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:09 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Cheers.

Someone should have punched him in the head.
Spitting is disgraceful even if it was just with a chewie.

Agree, dog act :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby back89 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:14 pm

Going to be very hot for a and b grades playing Saturday and Sunday 39 and 41 degs
back89
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:17 pm

back89 wrote:Going to be very hot for a and b grades playing Saturday and Sunday 39 and 41 degs

Make it another one day game :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Minimum Chips » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:35 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
back89 wrote:Going to be very hot for a and b grades playing Saturday and Sunday 39 and 41 degs

Make it another one day game :D

Good luck ND v Sturt @ Salisbury!! Probably a couple of degrees warmer out there :roll:
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:54 am

Eagles2014 wrote:Kensington vs Uni in 20/20 Grand Final tonight. Both easy winners of Semis.

Lots of tension in Kens vs ET match.

If SACA do not suspend Jake Lehmann for several matches they are as weak as pi55!! Clearly by the vision he spat in David Grant’s face when he ran him out. Just the reaction of the players confirm it. He has form as did it to one of our players last year. You are a dirty pig Lehmann, your career is over, head off into the sunset mate!!

Watch vision of his dismissal on SACA Match Centre to judge for yourselves!

Footage is unavailable.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Minimum Chips » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Kensington vs Uni in 20/20 Grand Final tonight. Both easy winners of Semis.

Lots of tension in Kens vs ET match.

If SACA do not suspend Jake Lehmann for several matches they are as weak as pi55!! Clearly by the vision he spat in David Grant’s face when he ran him out. Just the reaction of the players confirm it. He has form as did it to one of our players last year. You are a dirty pig Lehmann, your career is over, head off into the sunset mate!!

Watch vision of his dismissal on SACA Match Centre to judge for yourselves!

Footage is unavailable.

Try this LM
https://matchcentre.premier.saca.com.au ... 4120&video
This is the link for the whole game and you have to "fast forward" to 2:51:20 to see it. Fair piece of fielding by the way.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:32 am

Minimum Chips wrote:Try this LM
https://matchcentre.premier.saca.com.au ... 4120&video
This is the link for the whole game and you have to "fast forward" to 2:51:20 to see it. Fair piece of fielding by the way.

Cheers $1.30, yes, very ugly and pretty slick fielding.

Off topic a bit, is it the norm to share drink bottles again now? Just a little something I noticed.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps