Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:57 pm

Hitting the Melbourne quaddie today with our cricket punters club.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3459 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:54 am

First day back at work and I need a new belt, usually need bigger pants first up after a Christmas break, pleasant change.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:07 am

Miss 17 year old rings last night in tears as her card wont allow her to pay for petrol after she filled her car up despite having more than enough money in her account (people's choice upgrade issue).

I tell her to just settle down and let them know I'll be there soon to sort it out.

A bloke filling his truck sees her moving her car and in distress.

The bloke comes out of the servo and taps her window and says "Don't worry love, I wanted to do a good deed for the day, I've paid for your petrol" and then walked to his truck and drove off.

What an absolute legend of a man.

I had a massive lump in my throat when my girl was telling me, she was still very shaken.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:17 am

Good things > good people.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:21 am

Booney wrote:Good things > good people.

My girl is strong as an ox but she felt so embarrassed, hearing her so distressed was tough, giving her a big hug and telling her to hurry up and get moving made parenthood so special (even if I was only hurrying her up so I didn't tear up too :lol: :lol: ).

As for the bloke, I hope I get to meet him.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

My girl is strong as an ox but she felt so embarrassed, hearing her so distressed was tough, giving her a big hug and telling her to hurry up and get moving made parenthood so special (even if I was only hurrying her up so I didn't tear up too :lol: :lol: ).

I'm a sucker for tears.

Me and the misses are always discussing her extremely expensive passion Horses, in many cases we don't agree on aspects of this.

Recently she bought an unbroken 'project' horse which admittedly has been her dream horse relationship. I have been dubious of this due to her being fairly time poor and questioned the sanity in her purchase.

Admittedly I have been really critical. She was out with the horse for a few hours the other night and when she came back in I asked 'how they went'. Immediately she broke down crying saying he wasn't going anywhere, it was all too hard, she made a mistake. Seeing her in tears my heart immediately sank and I couldn't help but being super sympathetic. The 'I told you so' never crossed my mind because of the tears she was in.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:28 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I'm a sucker for tears.

Me and the misses are always discussing her extremely expensive passion Horses, in many cases we don't agree on aspects of this.

Recently she bought an unbroken 'project' horse which admittedly has been her dream horse relationship. I have been dubious of this due to her being fairly time poor and questioned the sanity in her purchase.

Admittedly I have been really critical. She was out with the horse for a few hours the other night and when she came back in I asked 'how they went'. Immediately she broke down crying saying he wasn't going anywhere, it was all too hard, she made a mistake. Seeing her in tears my heart immediately sank and I couldn't help but being super sympathetic. The 'I told you so' never crossed my mind because of the tears she was in.

I said to the missus, ‘I told you so’ once................

Me ballbag still hasn’t recovered!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby DOC » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:01 am

The Lucindale and Avenue Range communities have endured a hellish week with the Blackford blaze leaving a more than 14,000 hectare scar on the landscape and with it high livestock and infrastructure losses.

But just a few days after the fire, humanity gained the upper hand with one of the state's largest ever hay runs rolling into town on Saturday with more than 3000 bales of donated hay.

The convoy of nearly 70 trucks, plus a few utes and trailers, came from as far afield as the Eyre Peninsula and the Vic Wimmera.

The truck drivers who volunteered their time were greeted by cheers and thank you signs from locals who lined the main street.

The trucks filed through town to Yakka Park, the South East Field Days site, on the western side of Lucindale, which has become the fodder depot for the fire recovery.

From there the hay was unloaded by the Lucindale Lions Club members and other local volunteers-many who have already had a big week fighting the blaze and mopping up afterwards.

Mount Gambier Hay Run organiser Adam Smith said he was "lost for words" with the incredible response in just three days from transport companies and truck drivers.

Previous Hay Runs which he helped organise from Mount Gambier to Keilira and Kangaroo Island last year took at least a week to come together.

"Everyone has just jumped on board, I've had no sleep but it doesn't matter when you get here and see this," he said.

Mr Smith said he was motivated to assist SA farmers in need as they were always there for the country supplying food.

"No offence to city people but milk is not from a carton at Coles, this is where it starts," he said.

"If we don't have these cattle and sheep farmers that have been affected we have nothing."

Horsham farmer Sam McGennisken, who was among a convoy of 12 trucks from the Vic Wimmera, said when he was contacted by Mr Smith it was a "matter of how many trucks do you want and where are we going".

"We've been in trouble before and needed help and really appreciated it when we have got it," he said.

"When people are down we want to help get them back on their feet and get them going as quick as we can."

Lucindale Lions Club Hay Run coordinator Peter Corrigan said it was an "amazing sight" seeing the trucks drive into Yakka Park.

He said the hay delivered on Saturday , plus another 10 loads which rolled in on Thursday and Friday, would not only provide fodder for the 70 affected properties who needed it for their surviving stock, but also lift the spirit of the whole community.

"It is a lifter, you just have a bit more faith after what we have experienced," he said.

He said the Lions Club had been quiet with the cancellation of the 2020 and 2021 South East Field Days due to COVID-19 so taking on the project of the fodder depot would also give its members a strong purpose to come together for.

"Since Ash Wednesday (1983) we have really dodged a bullet up until the Keilira fires last year. We've had some great seasons and some great feed so it is going to be inevitable that one day this happened," he said.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:57 pm

Yesterday saw the 21st minute of the 21st hour of the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:06 pm

Booney wrote:Yesterday saw the 21st minute of the 21st hour of the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century.

Happy 21st mate!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:19 pm

Watching race 4 from Canterbury, on sky racing, on the Sportsbet app, via in flight wifi, on approach into Adelaide.

Missed the winner though.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:22 pm

Corona Man wrote:Watching race 4 from Canterbury, on sky racing, on the Sportsbet app, via in flight wifi, on approach into Adelaide.

you know there is a hard border now??
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:23 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Watching race 4 from Canterbury, on sky racing, on the Sportsbet app, via in flight wifi, on approach into Adelaide.

you know there is a hard border now??

That really would top my week off!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:50 pm

I've got myself a job working from home. Saving money on travel, coffee and pitching in for farewells, fundraising etc, etc. Plus not having to worry about time taken traveling to and from work.

Winner!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:40 am

Auto barn today and tomorrow, 20% off storewide. If you need anything for your car get in there this weekend!
I just picked up a $700 dash cam for $560.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:39 pm

Both my kids attending the survival day rally in town today, so proud they're trying to help right an awful wrong in this country.

Only thing I'm looking forward to dying is my generation and the one before passing on so we can fix this country.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:21 am

Wedgie wrote:Both my kids attending the survival day rally in town today, so proud they're trying to help right an awful wrong in this country.

Only thing I'm looking forward to dying is my generation and the one before passing on so we can fix this country.

Ever year more people #changethedate, more people attend rallies, more people have the difficult conversations with friends ( I had one at the pub yesterday afternoon ) and more people understand the social change that must take place.

Unfortunately the matter is now politicised, if, like same sex marriage it was social change and not political change I believe a referendum would succeed in having the date changed as it did with same sex marriage. My Mum voted yes for SSM after we had several discussions on how it won't change her life one bit. I think the same would happen around #changethedate

For mine the ultimate solution would be to become a republic and use that day as our national day but I fear the boomers will all need to be gone before we see that and that is many, many years away.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:52 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Both my kids attending the survival day rally in town today, so proud they're trying to help right an awful wrong in this country.

Ever year more people #changethedate, more people attend rallies, more people have the difficult conversations with friends ( I had one at the pub yesterday afternoon ) and more people understand the social change that must take place.

Unfortunately the matter is now politicised, if, like same sex marriage it was social change and not political change I believe a referendum would succeed in having the date changed as it did with same sex marriage. My Mum voted yes for SSM after we had several discussions on how it won't change her life one bit. I think the same would happen around #changethedate

For mine the ultimate solution would be to become a republic and use that day as our national day but I fear the boomers will all need to be gone before we see that and that is many, many years away.

Hard to see the date changing while the current government are in charge (unfortunately). Reckon once they get the ass it will happen.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:01 am

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:

Hard to see the date changing while the current government are in charge (unfortunately). Reckon once they get the ass it will happen.

Agreed, the LNP won't be pushing the agenda.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:26 am

gadj1976 wrote:I've got myself a job working from home. Saving money on travel, coffee and pitching in for farewells, fundraising etc, etc. Plus not having to worry about time taken traveling to and from work.

Winner!

Nice.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion