You know you're nearing 50 in Adelaide, when you remember...

Anything!

Re: You know you're nearing 40 in Adelaide, when you remembe

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:52 pm

Since this thread is really about reminiscing about things in and around the nineties, this guy (Rick Beato) has in interesting in-depth discussion about six albums released in a six week period in 1991 that changed the music world. You might recall when these albums came out, but you (like me) probably didn't realise the change that was occurring before your ears. It's about half an hour long, but worth it.

PS If you like your music (listening or playing), his channel is very much worthy of your time.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:03 pm

I will indeed listen to this.

Ten ( Went to the Gov last week to see Five Against One play the album in it's entirety ) is one of, if not, the album of my teenage years.

Black, for mine the album that brought Metallica out of the garage and into the world of people who had yet to discover the. Welcome aboard I said. ;)

Nevermind, BSSM and Use Your Illusion are regular attendees on Spotify.

Soundgarden, never clicked with me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby DOC » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:14 pm

Magellan wrote:Since this thread is really about reminiscing about things in and around the nineties, this guy (Rick Beato) has in interesting in-depth discussion about six albums released in a six week period in 1991 that changed the music world. You might recall when these albums came out, but you (like me) probably didn't realise the change that was occurring before your ears. It's about half an hour long, but worth it.

PS If you like your music (listening or playing), his channel is very much worthy of your time.

I love his stuff and also David Bennett (quite young and a slightly different perspective).
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:12 am

...Booney's first post and here we are at post 50,000. I don't know what to say.

This isn’t about me, it’s about the people who helped me get here. I want to thank you all, without you it wouldn’t have been possible, not even I argue with myself. No, I don't.

Those likeminded individuals who stand for what’s right and proper, Valleys07, Rusty Cage, Trader, Gilligan, Dirty Dog, LMA, TDK, Bedge, Mr and Mrs Failed Creation, morell (!) and apologies to any Wharfies I’ve missed. #weareportadelaide

The friends I’ve made from here and the many I've had the pleasure to meet, FC ( special mention for your work on the Ammo’s board, the lifeblood of this site, you’re a champion!) , Valleys, Heater, Wubbsy, HH3, Corona, LM, JK, FC, carey, CK, but to name a few and again, apologies if I have missed you.

To those on the dark side who have given me endless joy watching you negotiate another star players departure, coach sacking, off field drama, former champion falling out with the club, preseason camp, wooden spoon, so many good times. MW, Brod, Robran, Mots02, Laughing Kookaburra, bennymacca, Hondo, know that I derive much joy from all the heart ache your club has given you and I look forward to much more.

To the Catters who have since 2007 feasted on our Grand Final carcass, Bum Crack, Rik E Boy, Wedgie, MT, Beefy, may your crotch become infested with fleas. I mean that.

The No AFL in the SANFL and Eric Banner crew, Centurion, LPH, Pseudo, UK, topsy, ZipZap, am bays. We’re back.

Psyber, where else would one read about the exploits of Adelaide’s very own Dr Hugh Hefner and the tales of cats giving birth upon his chest?

The all round good guys who we all get along with Spargo Moran, amber, Jim, Jimmy, Doc, Locky, stan, Pat Pirate, mal, Johno, Magellan ( sans puns ). Onya’s.

To those who remind me that it takes all kinds, marbles, Apache, Daisy, Brett, you keep being you.

Those who come and go like smac, Dogwatcher, Punk Rooster.

To those who are sadly no longer with us in JAS, Mighty Eagles, Sheik, OnTheRails, the place isn’t the same without you. RIP.

And last, but not least if it wasn’t for argumentative pricks like UK Fan, Daisy, Bum Crack, Wedgie and The Sleeping Giant, this argumentative prick wouldn’t have had anyone to argue with and I’d be nowhere near 50,000 posts. Thank you all for being so pig headed, I know exactly how it feels. :D

Apologies if I’ve missed any targets I should have hit. It’s not for lack of trying.

Regards,

Attention Seeker.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:54 am

Raise your mouse!!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: You know you're nearing 50 in Adelaide, when you remembe

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:31 pm

Thread title corrected 8) ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Thread title corrected 8) ;)

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:39 pm

@Booney Woteva…. ;)

You know your nearing 50 in Adelaide when, you remember when:
1. Central Districts didn't have Kris Grant in charge
2. An Australian won the Australian Tennis Open (male of female)
3. The Australia Day holiday wasn't on Australia Day
Last edited by am Bays on Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:42 pm

haha was thinking of doing that the other day
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:42 pm

******* hell.....didn't even get to reach the old thread title [emoji22]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:01 pm

Dutchy wrote:

haha was thinking of doing that the other day

In your own honour? :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:52 pm

Booney wrote:...Booney's first post and here we are at post 50,000. I don't know what to say.

This isn’t about me, it’s about the people who helped me get here. I want to thank you all, without you it wouldn’t have been possible, not even I argue with myself. No, I don't.

Those likeminded individuals who stand for what’s right and proper, Valleys07, Rusty Cage, Trader, Gilligan, Dirty Dog, LMA, TDK, Bedge, Mr and Mrs Failed Creation, morell (!) and apologies to any Wharfies I’ve missed. #weareportadelaide

The friends I’ve made from here and the many I've had the pleasure to meet, FC ( special mention for your work on the Ammo’s board, the lifeblood of this site, you’re a champion!) , Valleys, Heater, Wubbsy, HH3, Corona, LM, JK, FC, carey, CK, but to name a few and again, apologies if I have missed you.

To those on the dark side who have given me endless joy watching you negotiate another star players departure, coach sacking, off field drama, former champion falling out with the club, preseason camp, wooden spoon, so many good times. MW, Brod, Robran, Mots02, Laughing Kookaburra, bennymacca, Hondo, know that I derive much joy from all the heart ache your club has given you and I look forward to much more.

To the Catters who have since 2007 feasted on our Grand Final carcass, Bum Crack, Rik E Boy, Wedgie, MT, Beefy, may your crotch become infested with fleas. I mean that.

The No AFL in the SANFL and Eric Banner crew, Centurion, LPH, Pseudo, UK, topsy, ZipZap, am bays. We’re back.

Psyber, where else would one read about the exploits of Adelaide’s very own Dr Hugh Hefner and the tales of cats giving birth upon his chest?

The all round good guys who we all get along with Spargo Moran, amber, Jim, Jimmy, Doc, Locky, stan, Pat Pirate, mal, Johno, Magellan ( sans puns ). Onya’s.

To those who remind me that it takes all kinds, marbles, Apache, Daisy, Brett, you keep being you.

To those who are sadly no longer with us in JAS, Mighty Eagles, Sheik, OnTheRails, the place isn’t the same without you. RIP.

And last, but not least if it wasn’t for argumentative pricks like UK Fan, Daisy, Bum Crack, Wedgie and The Sleeping Giant, this argumentative prick wouldn’t have had anyone to argue with and I’d be nowhere near 50,000 posts. Thank you all for being so pig headed, I know exactly how it feels. :D

Apologies if I’ve missed any targets I should have hit. It’s not for lack of trying.

Regards,

Attention Seeker.

Imagine someone has such a level of self importance that he felt the need to write this ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:14 am

daysofourlives wrote:Imagine someone has such a level of self importance that he felt the need to write this ;)

Imagine! :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:15 am

If I’m still posting on here as I approach 50, will someone please slap me in the face and tell me to get a life!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:24 am

The Bedge wrote:If I’m still posting on here as I approach 50, will someone please slap me in the face and tell me to get a life!

We can get it over and done with now if you like?

Oh, sorry, I thought that was another daisy post.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:40 am

The Bedge wrote:If I’m still posting on here as I approach 50, will someone please slap me in the face and tell me to get a life!

I am post 50, and still here, so there's always that too.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:05 am

You'd have 50,000 posts too by now if you amalgamated all of your usernames.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:29 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:...Booney's first post and here we are at post 50,000. I don't know what to say.

Regards,

Attention Seeker.

Imagine someone has such a level of self importance that he felt the need to write this ;)

The Oracle!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:21 pm

The Buttery restaurant at the top of Myers in the CBD, with the north-facing view and, IIRC, the old clattering lifts and a lift operator. Growing up in the hills, our one trip into the city each school holidays was an event, and if it was July or September, that feeling of vitality and anticipation in the air about the upcoming weekend of SANFL footy.

Not specifically SA:
Getting letters addressed to Master

Buying footy boots as a 10 or 12 year old and seeing the size 11, 12, 13's and thinking what sort of a violent game men's senior footy must be, stomping on each other with these huge clodhoppers.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:08 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:The Buttery restaurant at the top of Myers in the CBD, with the north-facing view and, IIRC, the old clattering lifts and a lift operator. Growing up in the hills, our one trip into the city each school holidays was an event, and if it was July or September, that feeling of vitality and anticipation in the air about the upcoming weekend of SANFL footy.

Not specifically SA:
Getting letters addressed to Master

Buying footy boots as a 10 or 12 year old and seeing the size 11, 12, 13's and thinking what sort of a violent game men's senior footy must be, stomping on each other with these huge clodhoppers.

Yes, yes & yes!
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion