Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:33 pm

Aerie wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Uni 280 in the one day final
Kens 3/171 after 34 overs

Good game

19 needed off 3 overs. Doyle on 59. Kensington should win from here. 5 wickets in hand.

Presume Nick Winter injured himself? Only bowled 3 overs.

Kensington win with 8 balls to spare. Great chase under lights. Nick Winter did a hammy with his first ball of fourth over. Have to think that cost Uni the match as he would have been hard to face under lights compared to the spin of Bosisto.

That’s one flag each this year, probably play the decider in the 2 day Final also.

Just shows how hard it is to win the Triple Premiership, have to be a great team to achieve that feat :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:57 am

Eagles2014 wrote:Just shows how hard it is to win the Triple Premiership, have to be a great team to achieve that feat :D

I was wondering how quick it was going to be for that one to come out :D :D

Yep - these 2 will be in the red ball final as well. Can't see any of the others being good enough. I would think if Sturt chase down 318 against the Bays they will all but lock in 4th spot (also depending on WT as well?). If not, then wide open between Sturt, Glenelg and WT - however interesting to see what players become unavailable due to Redbacks? If so, could affect the above 3 just mentioned.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:42 am

Minimum Chips wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Just shows how hard it is to win the Triple Premiership, have to be a great team to achieve that feat :D

Yep - these 2 will be in the red ball final as well. Can't see any of the others being good enough. I would think if Sturt chase down 318 against the Bays they will all but lock in 4th spot (also depending on WT as well?). If not, then wide open between Sturt, Glenelg and WT - however interesting to see what players become unavailable due to Redbacks? If so, could affect the above 3 just mentioned.

HaHa, I know MC, could not resist :D I know our coach was very worried his record was going to be equalled, that Uni team is pretty awesome :(

The Redbacks team selections will be very interesting, and with the one day games as well, could make huge difference. Semi finals look like not being affected, but Grand Final will be. A team like Sturt is not affected at all, but they don't have the bowlers to get a strong team out in my opinion, too much relies on Corey Kelly who really struggles to get above 125 km/hr anyway.

The results of this round very important, if Sturt can get up with their strong batting line up and get thru Sayers they are just about home as have a pathetic Southerns to come which will probably be an outright :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:55 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:

HaHa, I know MC, could not resist :D I know our coach was very worried his record was going to be equalled, that Uni team is pretty awesome :(

The Redbacks team selections will be very interesting, and with the one day games as well, could make huge difference. Semi finals look like not being affected, but Grand Final will be. A team like Sturt is not affected at all, but they don't have the bowlers to get a strong team out in my opinion, too much relies on Corey Kelly who really struggles to get above 125 km/hr anyway.

The results of this round very important, if Sturt can get up with their strong batting line up and get thru Sayers they are just about home as have a pathetic Southerns to come which will probably be an outright :shock:

Agreed - Sturt bowling is very thin however I did happen to speak to someone from Kensi who played Sturt last game where Kelly took some wickets. They mentioned his pace was very good but he's only young and at least 3-4 years away from being full tilt so I'd imagine his pace would improve as he gets a bit older?
I have also heard that Sayers' pace has dropped right off. Be interesting to see what happens with him after this season?
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby Port Pirie Power » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Agree with the congrats to Kensis and also to Uni it was a cracking final that ebbed and flowed all day.

However, think there might be a few uni supporters eating humble pie this morning after carrying on ridiculously last night. Especially some of their lower graders that called Jon Dalton “a f***ing c***” as he got out... funny that it was the same bloke that went to the tribunal a few weeks ago after an incident vs Port.. well done saca he seems like he has learnt..
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:51 pm

Port Pirie Power wrote:Agree with the congrats to Kensis and also to Uni it was a cracking final that ebbed and flowed all day.

However, think there might be a few uni supporters eating humble pie this morning after carrying on ridiculously last night. Especially some of their lower graders that called Jon Dalton “a f***ing c***” as he got out... funny that it was the same bloke that went to the tribunal a few weeks ago after an incident vs Port.. well done saca he seems like he has learnt..

I did hear about that bloke and the incident against Port. Did he end up getting games? Also, I was watching the live stream and noticed the young bowler from Uni (Greber) give Brown a fair send off when he got him out. Karma bus got him as well!!
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:14 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Port Pirie Power wrote:Agree with the congrats to Kensis and also to Uni it was a cracking final that ebbed and flowed all day.

I did hear about that bloke and the incident against Port. Did he end up getting games? Also, I was watching the live stream and noticed the young bowler from Uni (Greber) give Brown a fair send off when he got him out. Karma bus got him as well!!

Saw that send off by Greber. What a knob - Brown only won 3 Bradman's, more than he will ever achieve in his lifetime! Was interesting call early when Opie had Weatherald caught down leg side, umpire called wide! Was terrible call, Jake even began to walk then quickly stopped :D

Could hear the sledging over live stream, was pretty ordinary. Always comes back to bite you on the arse though!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:19 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:

Saw that send off by Greber. What a knob - Brown only won 3 Bradman's, more than he will ever achieve in his lifetime! Was interesting call early when Opie had Weatherald caught down leg side, umpire called wide! Was terrible call, Jake even began to walk then quickly stopped :D

Could hear the sledging over live stream, was pretty ordinary. Always comes back to bite you on the arse though!!

I've heard that kid/family are also at their fifth club?? Also, not just the Weatherald call - it looked like Henry Hunt may have been a bit unlucky as well?
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby Aerie » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:28 pm

The lights and appearance of the game on live stream was fantastic.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:29 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:I've heard that kid/family are also at their fifth club?? Also, not just the Weatherald call - it looked like Henry Hunt may have been a bit unlucky as well?

I can't make a judgement on the Hunt call, the replay skips the wicket ball.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:40 pm

whitepointers wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
Aerie wrote:
A3E3116D-8FF4-43A1-B04F-C16BA206BDC0.jpeg

The first plans are Aldinga and second Mt Barker. Already being built. But we want to merge Adelaide and Southerns and build a new facility at Darlington? 10 minutes from Glenelg Oval and less than 15 minutes from Sturt’s home ground?
As has been mentioned before, the SACA have been very clear that geography in their strategy is irrelevant. The priority is reducing down to 10 clubs, location does not matter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Which smacks of desperation to get a merger over the line.
Geographically Bice Oval is perfect for a Southern District club and they would know that.

To summarise:

Mergers are the primary objective at the moment. That is the silver bullet that will save the Redbacks.

Location is irrelevant as players will travel if they are good enough. If they are unwilling to train and play in the inner suburbs, they are obviously not committed enough to cricket and therefore SACA are not interested in them.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby tigerpie » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:47 pm

And in doing so get the taxi service ( mum and dad, guardian, care provider) offside.
The kid may be keen as mustard but if the above aren't on board then the kid and maybe cricket are the loser.
With the huge sub's for juniors, gear, then extra k's for training and games I can see who's going to suffer.
Someone said its become an elitist sport only for the well off.
Looks like that's now the case.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:39 pm

tigerpie wrote:And in doing so get the taxi service ( mum and dad, guardian, care provider) offside.
The kid may be keen as mustard but if the above aren't on board then the kid and maybe cricket are the loser.
With the huge sub's for juniors, gear, then extra k's for training and games I can see who's going to suffer.
Someone said its become an elitist sport only for the well off.
Looks like that's now the case.

Really well put

It's a short-sighted, destructive move for cricket in South Australia

Fast forward 10 years the Redbacks will still suck and there'll be a new review that tells us we need to put clubs in our most heavily populated areas
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:11 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:The results of this round very important, if Sturt can get up with their strong batting line up and get thru Sayers they are just about home as have a pathetic Southerns to come which will probably be an outright :shock:

There was quite a funny dismissal on the weekend with Jacob Dick walking for an lbw against Sayers
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:09 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:The results of this round very important, if Sturt can get up with their strong batting line up and get thru Sayers they are just about home as have a pathetic Southerns to come which will probably be an outright :shock:

There was quite a funny dismissal on the weekend with Jacob Dick walking for an lbw against Sayers

Yes, that was hilarious. When you don’t play a shot and it’s going to hit middle stump halfway up I think you have to just walk!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:27 am

Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Aerie » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:17 pm

6B8E8C9D-73F5-4DF4-9666-164F95F1DF6E.jpeg
6B8E8C9D-73F5-4DF4-9666-164F95F1DF6E.jpeg (193.29 KiB) Viewed 1359 times

Drove in to the main oval at Mt Barker today. Looks great. Similar club rooms with soccer oval 50m down the hill.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby oldeagle » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:31 pm

Nonsense article in the Tiser today re the proposed merger.

Headline.

DIZZY BACKS MERGERS.

1 Dizzy is paid by SACA.

2 Dizzy is from Adelaide Cricket Club.
oldeagle
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:33 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

Yes, that was hilarious. When you don’t play a shot and it’s going to hit middle stump halfway up I think you have to just walk!!
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CLV77P7BF7D/?igshid=1uldmtp6mu9c5
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10299 times
Been liked: 1517 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby heater31 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:39 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CLV77P7BF7D/?igshid=1uldmtp6mu9c5
Wow!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps