SANFL 2021 SEASON

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Postby blueandwhite » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:13 pm

I think this sentence...taken from the SANFL website sums up Ports standing in the SANFL.
and I quote..

".....The South Australian Football Commission is a nine-person board elected to govern football on behalf of SANFL Community Football and our eight SANFL member Clubs – Central District, Glenelg, North Adelaide, Norwood, South Adelaide, Sturt, West Adelaide and Woodville-West Torrens.....".

In short , Port Adelaide and the Adelaide FC are AFL franchises . They play their reserves sides under license in the SANFL.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Aerie » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:18 pm

blueandwhite wrote:The AFL continues its arrogance and ignorance..
They have recently programmed the 2021 National U/19 championships for September this year.
Thus ensuring that any elite U/19 player will be unavailable to SANFL clubs in September.
It is predicted South Adelaide will have 3 players in the top 10 national U/19s at this stage.

The majority of the U19 AFL State Comp is scheduled for late September/early October. With the SANFL GF being held September 19th this year, I would guess/hope that means it starts after the SANFL Grand Final. There is a game in July apparently, but provided players are available for all SANFL Finals, this scenario is much better than recent years when the really good U18 players missed big chunks of the SANFL season. One of the best things about the SANFL is seeing the really good young players prior to their draft year playing as much of the SANFL season as possible - Pavlich, Gibbs, Cooney, Trengove and last year Jones all had big impacts. Looks like South have a few who will impact this year, especially through the midfield and I would expect they should be available for all finals?
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Pseudo » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:37 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Groucho wrote:Power reserves wearing silver power guernsey not prison bars. R.I.P. prison bars.
I don’t think their new SANFL guernseys have arrived yet. A lot of clubs having troubles with suppliers

Couldn't they just wear last year's guernseys? :lol:
Different manufacturer this year I believe and I know some clubs have it in their apparel contracts that they can’t wear previous suppliers.

I reckon that one went over your head Jimbo...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:26 am

Did I see somewhere about crowds being capped this year?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby DOC » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:29 am

50%.

Big hit for us at Noarlunga.

Where will we find another 10 thousand to come?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:00 am

DOC wrote:50%.

50% of what?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:22 am

Booney wrote:

50% of what?

Capacity
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:23 am

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:

50% of what?

Capacity

And capacity would be based of 2sqm rules I presume......so bloody thousands on thousands.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:29 am

Yeah, probably only a potential issue at Glenelg, Norwood or Unley.
Members assured of entry to all games.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby RB » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:33 am

Squeezing the 4,000 Crows fans that attend every match into Unley at 50% capacity may be a struggle.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:51 pm

They could sneak in via the car boot?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby stampy » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:37 am

so Stengle set to play at the eagles, who will be paying him i wonder, give them the pennant now ffs
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby topshelf » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:29 pm

stampy wrote:so Stengle set to play at the eagles, who will be paying him i wonder, give them the pennant now ffs

Bit of a joke really. Have mass recruited and kept one of the mid season recruits from last season. Lost a few senior players and a bunch of kids. Any Eagles fans that ever complained about Norwood cheating the salary cap with ten gardeners, etc can't say much anymore.
topshelf
Rookie

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Thiele » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:48 pm

stampy wrote:so Stengle set to play at the eagles, who will be paying him i wonder, give them the pennant now ffs
Thought I her he would go over to Melbourne and live with Betts
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby ferret » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:53 am

topshelf wrote:

Bit of a joke really. Have mass recruited and kept one of the mid season recruits from last season. Lost a few senior players and a bunch of kids. Any Eagles fans that ever complained about Norwood cheating the salary cap with ten gardeners, etc can't say much anymore.

What an absolute load of rubbish. Write something sensible and people might respect you. Just sounds like a load of jealous wank. Put up the posts where Eagle supporters have have complained about Norwood cheating!!!!!!!!
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby stan » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:36 am

topshelf wrote:

The gardens have never look better.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:00 am

topshelf wrote:

Mass recruited how about recruited the number of players that have left the club such as drafted to the AFL retired left for work reasons .
Sounds to me like your a pissed off fan from another SANFL team perhaps see if your team lost players and recruited replacement players
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby topshelf » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:33 pm

ferret wrote:
topshelf wrote:

What an absolute load of rubbish. Write something sensible and people might respect you. Just sounds like a load of jealous wank. Put up the posts where Eagle supporters have have complained about Norwood cheating!!!!!!!!

Touche! I said ANY Eagles fans that did. That's a bit harsh, saying people don't respect me.
topshelf
Rookie

Postby topshelf » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:51 pm

MJP1993 wrote:
topshelf wrote:

Mass recruited how about recruited the number of players that have left the club such as drafted to the AFL retired left for work reasons .
Sounds to me like your a pissed off fan from another SANFL team perhaps see if your team lost players and recruited replacement players

I'm sure the kids get paid the same as ex AFL players and interstate recruits at Oval avenue under the salary cap. It is what it is, we all know most come due to jobs and things outside the salary cap. I'm not sure why you would get really upset at someone else pointing this out. I would be chuffed if my club decided to go about it the way the Eagles have. Very lucky to be able to fit another ex AFL player in this close to the start of the season, just pointing out the obvious.
topshelf
Rookie

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:11 pm

topshelf wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
topshelf wrote:

I'm sure the kids get paid the same as ex AFL players and interstate recruits at Oval avenue under the salary cap. It is what it is, we all know most come due to jobs and things outside the salary cap. I'm not sure why you would get really upset at someone else pointing this out. I would be chuffed if my club decided to go about it the way the Eagles have. Very lucky to be able to fit another ex AFL player in this close to the start of the season, just pointing out the obvious.

Seeing I volunteer with a relation of one of your EX AFL players I’ll see how he’s doing .
When I’m cleared medically to volunteer again .
If it doesn’t bother you why post what you did just a bay fan I guess bored who knows
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 46 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL