Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Insider_Trading » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:58 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Any know if Ryan King from East Torrens was suspended from last week's match vs Southerns?

After being belted by Shaun Tanner he proceeded to kick the stumps over, no apology to umpire, just let him fix them up.

Been automatic one game suspension in the past.

Heard rumour was reprimanded which would be a joke!

Footage at 05.48.20 on 1st day, not tech savvy enough to post it :shock:

Quick update: One game suspension i heard from my contacts tonight.
Insider_Trading
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:18 pm

Insider_Trading wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Any know if Ryan King from East Torrens was suspended from last week's match vs Southerns?

After being belted by Shaun Tanner he proceeded to kick the stumps over, no apology to umpire, just let him fix them up.

That would be fair outcome if true.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:35 pm

Insider_Trading wrote:

He was at State Under 19’s training tonight and reprimand was mentioned, so not sure what is true :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Insider_Trading » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:46 am

That may be more accurate. Straight from direct source.

My info came 3rd hand.

Maybe it was one game suspended sentence.

Silly thing to do either way.
Insider_Trading
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:23 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Insider_Trading wrote:

He was at State Under 19’s training tonight and reprimand was mentioned, so not sure what is true :shock:

How the f*** is he in the state U/19 squad bowling that snot?

He has very poor body language full stop in any footage I've seen of him, how does the state coaches not rip into him about his tantrums, I played for 30+ years and bowled 8-30 overs an innings and never once even thought about kicking the stumps, it looks awful and very childish, grow up princess!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:47 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Insider_Trading wrote:

Amazing if he doesn't get a suspension for that, Marcus Harris received a one match suspension and was fined half his match fee after being charged for 'abuse of equipment' after a reaction to his dismissal in the first innings against Tasmania in their most recent Shield match. A delivery from Beau Webster hit him on the arm/elbow and he was given out caught behind.
https://www.theroar.com.au/cricket/vide ... affiliates
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Insider_Trading wrote:

How the f*** is he in the state U/19 squad bowling that snot?

He has very poor body language full stop in any footage I've seen of him, how does the state coaches not rip into him about his tantrums, I played for 30+ years and bowled 8-30 overs an innings and never once even thought about kicking the stumps, it looks awful and very childish, grow up princess!

He is a batter, bowls occasionally. Rumour is he may get a Rookie contract with Redbacks next season. They would want to sort out his attitude first, he is a cocky shi5, Southerns certainly gave it to him last week when they got him out :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:14 am

Important thing is that Ryan King can play

Sure, needs to add a bit of maturity but that will come. Hopefully with Capel, Kelly x2, King there are a few SA kids starting to come through
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Minimum Chips » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:36 am

I wonder how many clubs will be playing their final game this weekend? Not meaning the ones not in the top four but for next season and beyond?
Interesting to see what happens after this season and who gets "invited" to play next year.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby tigerpie » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:49 am

Minimum Chips wrote:I wonder how many clubs will be playing their final game this weekend? Not meaning the ones not in the top four but for next season and beyond?
Interesting to see what happens after this season and who gets "invited" to play next year.

There'd be a lot of very nervous executive committees right about now I would think.
And so much uncertainty within playing groups to go with it.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:15 am

Minimum Chips wrote:I wonder how many clubs will be playing their final game this weekend? Not meaning the ones not in the top four but for next season and beyond?

Is that's what is happening?

Invite only next summer?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Trader » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:37 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Is that's what is happening?

Invite only next summer?

That's the strong rumour but I can't see it happening.
Unfortunately SACA won't pull the trigger.

I think they are just hanging it out there in an attempt to get southerns to agree to the merger, but unfortunately it is just a hollow threat.

None. Even if the invite only comp gets up, the remaining clubs will be welcomed into ATCA and continue on playing there. No loss of history, just a change of competition.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:40 am

Trader wrote:

None. Even if the invite only comp gets up, the remaining clubs will be welcomed into ATCA and continue on playing there. No loss of history, just a change of competition.

Will cause headaches for the ATCA though.....will they will just want waltz into A1.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Arch44 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:56 am

heater31 wrote:
Trader wrote:

Will cause headaches for the ATCA though.....will they will just want waltz into A1.

Good headaches though.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby tigerpie » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:49 pm

heater31 wrote:
Trader wrote:

I would think a former district club would straight into A1.
But that would mean another team or two relegated.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby the smokey » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:51 pm

heater31 wrote:
Trader wrote:

They will want to but for some of them, it doesn't mean they should, especially if some of their better players stay in the grade set up with another club. but that's the best thing about the promotion-relegation system. It will all sort itself out in a few years of playing in the comp
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:26 pm

Port Adel can start in B3
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Trader » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:31 pm

Arch44 wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Trader wrote:

Good headaches though.

Agree its good headaches.

If it does happen, you'd think SACA will invite 8 clubs to the new comp, meaning 5 clubs go to ATCA, not just 1 or 2.
With 5 coming in, that's easy and you don't get just one or two teams getting relegated, its clearly a wholesale change and individual atca clubs won't feel hard-done-by.

I'd think you'd see something like the following play out:

A1 becomes this years top 6 sides, plus the A2 premiers, plus the 5 SACA clubs that move over.
A2 becomes this years bottom 6 from A1, plus 2-6 from A2, plus the A3 premiers.
A3 is this years 7-10 from A2, plus 2-6 from A3, B1 premiers and the 2 highest ranked SACA B grades of the 5 transfer clubs
reintroduce A4, which is 11&12 from A2, 7-11 from A3 (noting they didn't have a 12th side in A3 this year), the bottom 3 SACA B grades coming over, and say 2nd and 3rd from B1 to come up (normally only 2nd would).

That leaves you 3 teams short in B1 (three being promoted and none coming down).
B1-C2 this year only had 49 teams (12,10,10,9 and 8 respectively).
The 5 SACA clubs coming over might have say 8 teams between them for C and D grades (ie: assume the weakest two elect not to fill a D-grade).

That means the 46 ATCA teams plus 8 SACA teams gives you 54 teams total to fill as follows:
B1 - 12
B2 - 12
B3 - 10
C1 - 10
C2 - 10

Only spanner to that would be if Adel Uni are one of the 5 clubs coming over, as they already have 4 teams in those lower ATCA grades and therefore couldn't fit 2 more, only 1 unless they had two teams in the same grade.

But to get back to the original point, yes, you could accept 5 SACA clubs relatively easily and it would be a huge boost to the ATCA comp.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Aerie » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:47 pm

And then have promotion and relegation from A1 to the new SACA competition and Bob’s your uncle! The best 8 clubs in the state are always at the top of the tree!
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Aerie » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:19 am

With this rain around, hopefully all games are switched to a one-dayer tomorrow so all is fair in the lead up to finals.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps