Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Yeah that's generally how I have dealt with it and one of the big reasons I took a regional work opportunity, its the best thing I ever did and never regret it.

I guess as I get older I keep seeing so many friends how fail to move to the next stage of life, they seem to get stuck in their glory years whether that be the high school partying days, drinking mid week etc or whether it be moving on from glory days in sport etc. One person we both know an ex coach of mine who I was his captain is someone who really struggles to move on from their own sporting glories/ missed opportunities/ club status. No matter how hard they try nothing can bring back that feeling they felt when they played the game and were kings.

Coming from the Bronx I've seen a lot of good blokes fall victim to the glass pipe, I've told told them straight out that I will cut them if I find out that they're on it, the only way I would associate with them is if they were trying to get off of it, I wouldn't have them at my house though.

I'm no Saint, I've done some regrettable shit in my time but I always knew when to pull up and what line not to cross, many don't from that neck of the woods and one thing leads to another.

yeah exact same mate, I gave it all a fair crack at various points but for some reason I had an ability to know when enough was enough or when it was starting to become a problem. So many lack that internal skill.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:58 am

Pot, wizz and trips were pretty rife growing up, ecstasy was coming into the fray and I couldn't believe some of the so called "straighto's" getting into it, there was a heroin addict that lived down the street from us, he was a good bloke externally but would steal off of his mum for his next hit and when he was coming down it was painful for all around him.

He died only about 18 months ago, lasted way longer than I thought he would, even more so that his step dad won the lotto a few years ago and apparently gave all his step kids a decent surprise in their bank accounts.

You'd probably know him, he used to hang around Dwight, someone offered him $50 to run across the oval naked during a cricket match and jump over the stumps, he did it but the dude never paid up :lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:37 pm

Not sure it is sad or mad, probably both, but just found out an ex workmate is facing numerous child exploitation charges, so bad he hasn't been bailed.

Just makes you feel ill that you had anything to do with him.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:30 pm

I'm really concerned about the future for our next generation.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/calls-fo ... -c-2365481

Calls for Kmart to stop separating boys and girls clothes in stores

A new online petition is calling on Kmart to stop separating boys and girls clothing in stores across Australia.

The campaign wants to see an “inclusive kids’ section” at Kmart that combines all clothing so that parents and children can “choose exactly what they like without arbitrary boundaries”.

The petition is currently being circulated on social media, attracting more than 100 signatures in three days.

A Kmart spokesperson has told 7NEWS.com.au that it is not “our intention to stereotype children based on gender”, adding that the “store layout reflects a majority of the way our Kmart customers shop”.

Started by campaign creator Sarah Rogers, the petition is asking for clothing to be separated by type rather than whether it’s designed for boys or girls.

“It’s time for you to stop classifying children’s clothing by gender,” the petition reads.

Explaining the argument for change, the petition states that separating clothes by gender may send the “wrong” message to kids.

“Young children are told which colours, clothing styles and even interests they are permitted to have through the choices they have available in their respective gender’s clothing department,” the petition reads.

‘Strong message’
“Many parents of young boys will tell you their son loves pink, rainbows and flowers but simply cannot wear clothes in these styles like girls do without taking them from the girls’ section, which sends them a strong message that the things they like are “wrong”.

“Similarly, many parents of girls lament the lack of dinosaurs, trucks, and non-frilly styles in the girls’ section.

“This is a problem that has already been addressed by many smaller and independent retailers, who have done away with “girls” and “boys” sections entirely in favour of an inclusive children’s one.

“It is time for Australia’s biggest retailers to follow suit.”

The petition then calls on Kmart to “get rid of the gender separated clothing sections, and let kids choose exactly what they like without arbitrary boundaries”.

“There is nothing more frustrating than shopping for clothes for my toddler and only finding pink and frills in the ‘girls’ section and grey and blue and trucks in the ‘boys’ section,” they said.

“Can we just get a spectrum of colour and images and phrases and sayings for ALL kids please?”

But another Kmart shopper said she preferred having the kids’ sections separated into different genders.

“Many of us prefer the boys’ section and girls’ section separately - easier to find what you want than have it all mixed together,” said one Facebook user.

“If your little girl wants to wear boy clothes, do it, and if your little boy wants to wear girls’ clothes, do it.

“Having them in different sections and getting your child an outfit from a certain section different to their gender does not send a ‘strong message’ that the things they like are ‘wrong’.”
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:53 pm

FMD
What next.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:57 pm

Won't make much difference, there's normally more women than men in the menswear department anyway.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:00 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm really concerned about the future for our next generation.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/calls-fo ... -c-2365481

Calls for Kmart to stop separating boys and girls clothes in stores

A new online petition is calling on Kmart to stop separating boys and girls clothing in stores across Australia.

The campaign wants to see an “inclusive kids’ section” at Kmart that combines all clothing so that parents and children can “choose exactly what they like without arbitrary boundaries”.

The petition is currently being circulated on social media, attracting more than 100 signatures in three days.

A Kmart spokesperson has told 7NEWS.com.au that it is not “our intention to stereotype children based on gender”, adding that the “store layout reflects a majority of the way our Kmart customers shop”.

Started by campaign creator Sarah Rogers, the petition is asking for clothing to be separated by type rather than whether it’s designed for boys or girls.

“It’s time for you to stop classifying children’s clothing by gender,” the petition reads.

Explaining the argument for change, the petition states that separating clothes by gender may send the “wrong” message to kids.

“Young children are told which colours, clothing styles and even interests they are permitted to have through the choices they have available in their respective gender’s clothing department,” the petition reads.

‘Strong message’
“Many parents of young boys will tell you their son loves pink, rainbows and flowers but simply cannot wear clothes in these styles like girls do without taking them from the girls’ section, which sends them a strong message that the things they like are “wrong”.

“Similarly, many parents of girls lament the lack of dinosaurs, trucks, and non-frilly styles in the girls’ section.

“This is a problem that has already been addressed by many smaller and independent retailers, who have done away with “girls” and “boys” sections entirely in favour of an inclusive children’s one.

“It is time for Australia’s biggest retailers to follow suit.”

The petition then calls on Kmart to “get rid of the gender separated clothing sections, and let kids choose exactly what they like without arbitrary boundaries”.

“There is nothing more frustrating than shopping for clothes for my toddler and only finding pink and frills in the ‘girls’ section and grey and blue and trucks in the ‘boys’ section,” they said.

“Can we just get a spectrum of colour and images and phrases and sayings for ALL kids please?”

But another Kmart shopper said she preferred having the kids’ sections separated into different genders.

“Many of us prefer the boys’ section and girls’ section separately - easier to find what you want than have it all mixed together,” said one Facebook user.

“If your little girl wants to wear boy clothes, do it, and if your little boy wants to wear girls’ clothes, do it.

“Having them in different sections and getting your child an outfit from a certain section different to their gender does not send a ‘strong message’ that the things they like are ‘wrong’.”

what, that we have genders? Of that having to make people walk between the two departments is 'wrong'? Hahaha, laughable. Ban the online petitions I say. In fact I might start one up asking for bans on online petitions ;-)
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:04 am

Does that mean men and women’s clothing need to be mixed too?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:20 am

Brodlach wrote:Does that mean men and women’s clothing need to be mixed too?

Cool, we can now freely peruse the lingerie section without being judged.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:26 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Does that mean men and women’s clothing need to be mixed too?

Cool, we can now freely peruse the lingerie section without being judged.

You’ll still be judged

July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:29 am

Brodlach wrote:

You’ll still be judged

To my defence, they fell on me like that.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:42 pm

Im not sure if this is the correct thread for it, but here goes .. Lobbying has commenced for Streets to change the name of it's iconic ice cream the "Golden Gaytime".

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/ ... 97f2fb50ea

“As a part of the LGBTQIA+ community I believe my sexual identity is owned by me, not a brand and that the outdated meaning no longer applies. Isn’t it time for this double entendre to end?” he said in the notes below the petition.

Doesn't effect me so it's probably not right to have an opinion on it, but ... Nope, I'll keep it buttoned.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:49 pm

JK wrote:Im not sure if this is the correct thread for it, but here goes .. Lobbying has commenced for Streets to change the name of it's iconic ice cream the "Golden Gaytime".

“As a part of the LGBTQIA+ community I believe my sexual identity is owned by me, not a brand and that the outdated meaning no longer applies. Isn’t it time for this double entendre to end?” he said in the notes below the petition.

Doesn't effect me so it's probably not right to have an opinion on it, but ... Nope, I'll keep it buttoned.

What have you got against zippers, huh? You antizipestablishmentarian!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:54 pm

JK wrote:Im not sure if this is the correct thread for it, but here goes .. Lobbying has commenced for Streets to change the name of it's iconic ice cream the "Golden Gaytime".

I remember the slogan "it's so hard to have a gaytime on your own".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:12 pm

Gay meant carefree, cheerful or bright and showy before it meant homosexual, someone else should start a petition to stop them using it!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:13 pm

What a load of absolute bollocks.
The world keeps getting worse

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:20 pm

Wedgie wrote:Gay meant carefree, cheerful or bright and showy before it meant homosexual, someone else should start a petition to stop them using it!

I wonder how many women are still alive called "Gay", do they have to change their name?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:35 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

What a load of absolute bollocks.
The world keeps getting worse

While i agree its bollocks, surely the world is not getting worse because of it...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:37 pm

The world is getting worse, cos someone, somewhere is offended by the use of a word which has multiple meaning, but of course, in their mind it can only be offensive.

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:41 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The world is getting worse, cos someone, somewhere is offended by the use of a word which has multiple meaning, but of course, in their mind it can only be offensive.

No, the world isn't getting worse because someone, somewhere is getting offended, it's getting worse because someone, somewhere thinks the people getting offended shouldn't be when they really should just mind their own business.

If someone is offended by the name Coon cheese and the name gets changed I couldn't care any less, its still cheese!

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f*cking what."

Stephen Fry, 2005.
Last edited by Booney on Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion