Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:41 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
whufc wrote:No netball for AV again this year.

Shouldn't be allowed in, back to the city, Although I didn't like Balaklava thoughts of moving, I'm starting to see more and more of why, some clubs may not have junior football and struggling for numbers overall, Honestly unless something major happens in the next 2-3 yrs the league might be sunk.

Mallala v BSR Saturday, 45 players being used.

Will be down taking a look with the game being played at Spalding.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Executive Member » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:08 pm

Angler wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:

Shouldn't be allowed in, back to the city, Although I didn't like Balaklava thoughts of moving, I'm starting to see more and more of why, some clubs may not have junior football and struggling for numbers overall, Honestly unless something major happens in the next 2-3 yrs the league might be sunk.

Without netball AV really should be in the amateur league. It’s inevitable that Balak will go and we know Hummocks are considering leaving too. If both those clubs leave then I think that will open the door for change.

what makes you think the Ammos will take them back
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:19 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Angler wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:

Without netball AV really should be in the amateur league. It’s inevitable that Balak will go and we know Hummocks are considering leaving too. If both those clubs leave then I think that will open the door for change.

what makes you think the Ammos will take them back
They took Hackham so the bar is fairly low
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:34 pm

A decision will have to be made soon you would think. A large part of balak wanting to leave is AV and with no netball this will only give their leavers more ammo.
Basically the league will have a choice, keep AV and lose Balak and potentially others or get rid of AV and keep Balak and potentially add others.
A lot of critical decisions in the next 6 months that will shape country footy for the next 10 years.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby heater31 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:40 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:A decision will have to be made soon you would think. A large part of balak wanting to leave is AV and with no netball this will only give their leavers more ammo.
Basically the league will have a choice, keep AV and lose Balak and potentially others or get rid of AV and keep Balak and potentially add others.
A lot of critical decisions in the next 6 months that will shape country footy for the next 10 years.
If they choose the wrong option they will end up like the now defunct Mid West League on the Eyre Peninsula.....all clubs will scramble to join neighbouring leagues.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby football tragic » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:49 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:A decision will have to be made soon you would think. A large part of balak wanting to leave is AV and with no netball this will only give their leavers more ammo.

Not being from this league what`s Balaks issue with AV?
From an outsider looking in perhaps they were using AV as the reason for leaving the league..... there is more to wanting out than 1 club you don't like.
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:04 pm

football tragic wrote:

Not being from this league what`s Balaks issue with AV?
From an outsider looking in perhaps they were using AV as the reason for leaving the league..... there is more to wanting out than 1 club you don't like.

No netball is a massive issue. Just happens that AV have had none or very little netball most years.
You get 8 home games per year.
Now 1 of those home games no netballers come, half the crowd gone and half the revenue for 1 of those 8 weeks. Pity about the team that hosts AV twice they only get full revenue and full crowds for 6 of 8 home games.

Or alternatively have 8 home games with all teams having netball and maximise crowd and revenue.

I guess now that AV have been in the league for 5 or so years, the number 1 question that the board and clubs need to ask is this

Have AV improved our league for both football and netball since being admitted?

Course of action to follow whatever they deem the answer to be.
Last edited by Mythical Creature on Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:10 pm

heater31 wrote:
If they choose the wrong option they will end up like the now defunct Mid West League on the Eyre Peninsula.....all clubs will scramble to join neighbouring leagues.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Its a worry. That league sure did disappear fast.
I remember having a quick day trip to watch a gf at Kyancutta years ago.
Thats now not going to happen needing to travel further most likely to Ceduna now. Takes the day trip out :lol:
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby whufc » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:45 am

Making a return to football today after 15 years off playing for BSR in their trial against Malalla.
whufc
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:18 am

whufc wrote:Making a return to football today after 15 years off playing for BSR in their trial against Malalla.

How was the game?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby whufc » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:24 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
whufc wrote:Making a return to football today after 15 years off playing for BSR in their trial against Malalla.

How was the game?

From a personal level I got a few kicks, layed a few tackles and wasn’t injured so happy with that

Overall it was a 6 term game, I believe Malalla played pretty much two complete seperate squads for the first 3 (a grade) and the last 3 (b grade). BSR played 30 blokes over the 6 terms

At a guess I believe BSR won the first 3 (a grade) by a couple of goals but had the breeze twice. Malalla comfortably finished the game at the end of 6 terms in front.

Neither side had any major injuries which was great.

Malalla had two monsters in Angus and the other Wilbur(?? Who I believe played at BSR last year) we had a make shift ruckman and are still on the hunt for one. Those two will win Malalla games on their own

Game was played in great spirits, personally I would have played a lot more Aussie rules if games were played like that, competitive yet not one inch of dirty, stupid, late stuff.

Best of luck to Malalla this year they were a great bunch of lads.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:38 pm

Rumour from a trainer at Min Man was that United only had 25 players for theirs A's & B's on the weekend. Not that Min Man had much more roughly around 30-35.
whufc
Coach

Postby GIDDY UP! » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:11 am

whufc wrote:Rumour from a trainer at Min Man was that United only had 25 players for theirs A's & B's on the weekend. Not that Min Man had much more roughly around 30-35.

Perhaps United had a few players out because of Cricket finals and other reasons? Only 3 weeks away until round 1..... it’s come around pretty quick!
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:13 am

GIDDY UP! wrote:
whufc wrote:Rumour from a trainer at Min Man was that United only had 25 players for theirs A's & B's on the weekend. Not that Min Man had much more roughly around 30-35.

Perhaps United had a few players out because of Cricket finals and other reasons? Only 3 weeks away until round 1..... it’s come around pretty quick!

Yeah I honestly don't know just what I was told. At BSR we had 30-31 players on Saturday but had Brinkworth in the Stanley Cricket GF, no one at BSR are concerned about player numbers though for the season so it might be the same for United.
whufc
Coach

Postby happyhawk » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:02 am

How are clubs looking in the APFL this season? Who is the premiership favourite? Who will be the biggest improvers?
We play Mallala on the 10th in a trial which should be a really good hit out and some friendly banter I’m sure.
happyhawk
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:47 am

happyhawk wrote:How are clubs looking in the APFL this season? Who is the premiership favourite? Who will be the biggest improvers?
We play Mallala on the 10th in a trial which should be a really good hit out and some friendly banter I’m sure.

Malalla looked real good. Two giant ruckmen, not many teams are winning hit outs against them, not only are they big they tap very well. The resting ruckmen played at full forward so your going to need a big fullback as well. On the weekend Brugerman (sp?) spent 75% of the time as the full forward.

Not sure how their b's went last year but from my opinion they looked to have at least 5-10 blokes who would have been comfortable at A Grade level and may have infact been a graders playing in the b's to start with.

You know with Whitwell as well they are going to be a well structured, discipline side, really hard to see them not making the GF.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:04 pm

whufc wrote:
happyhawk wrote:How are clubs looking in the APFL this season? Who is the premiership favourite? Who will be the biggest improvers?

Malalla looked real good. Two giant ruckmen, not many teams are winning hit outs against them, not only are they big they tap very well. The resting ruckmen played at full forward so your going to need a big fullback as well. On the weekend Brugerman (sp?) spent 75% of the time as the full forward.

Not sure how their b's went last year but from my opinion they looked to have at least 5-10 blokes who would have been comfortable at A Grade level and may have infact been a graders playing in the b's to start with.

You know with Whitwell as well they are going to be a well structured, discipline side, really hard to see them not making the GF.

Angus and Will have been there for a while, Angus played for Port in the SANFL a few years back too, both quality players and very handy having both of them there at the same time, their B's have been very strong for a sustained period of time, they have a few there that are capable of playing higher but they also chuck kids in the A's too.

They'll be around the mark, they always are, Balak's will be very strong and probably the team to watch, Two Wells are always a good side and although we don't hear much about Hummocks, the last game they played was a winning GF.

Virginia are always a smokey, they lose some players but also gain some, this year appears to be no different, Angle Vale will close the gap that's been evident since their existence and Hamley will push some sides this with some big improvement on the scoreboard this year.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Angus and Will have been there for a while, Angus played for Port in the SANFL a few years back too, both quality players and very handy having both of them there at the same time, their B's have been very strong for a sustained period of time, they have a few there that are capable of playing higher but they also chuck kids in the A's too.

They'll be around the mark, they always are, Balak's will be very strong and probably the team to watch, Two Wells are always a good side and although we don't hear much about Hummocks, the last game they played was a winning GF.

Virginia are always a smokey, they lose some players but also gain some, this year appears to be no different, Angle Vale will close the gap that's been evident since their existence and Hamley will push some sides this with some big improvement on the scoreboard this year.

Going to be a very close yr I reckon, Balaklava will be the one to watch and will be out to prove a point.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:58 am

Mallala v RSMU this Saturday at Mallala.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:52 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Mallala v RSMU this Saturday at Mallala.

Should be a decent hit out. RSMU look to be an improved side on the one that missed finals last year. They picked up Sam Milne who I would expect to be extremely decent at this level.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy