Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:19 pm

PAFC - trying to run the locals out with a monstrosity

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:21 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:PAFC - trying to run the locals out with a monstrosity

:lol:

Here's a complete list of the facts MT is working with below.

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:22 pm

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:PAFC - trying to run the locals out with a monstrosity

[emoji38]

Here's a complete list of the facts MT is working with below.

I heard the disgruntled residents. That's all I needed to hear.[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:59 pm

Dutchy wrote:Jeremy Cordeaux - WADH!

I definitely don't agree with what he said but how sad is our world become when you cant have an opinion anymore
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby RB » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:30 pm

You can have an opinion - if you choose to air your opinion publicly, you've got to be prepared for the consequences. The same as it's always been.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:55 pm

RB wrote:You can have an opinion - if you choose to air your opinion publicly, you've got to be prepared for the consequences. The same as it's always been.

Yet Kyle Sandilands still has a job...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:59 pm

My credit card got declined on a paywave transaction on Saturday. Not a biggy, I thought, the vendor must have a dodgy machine. I paid with a different card.

Then my credit card got denied again at a different shop. And again, and again.

So I call the bank to see what is going on. Am promptly informed that my card has been frozen because someone tried to withdraw using my card at an ATM earlier in the day. They tried 3 times to withdraw $1000 - but they got the PIN wrong each time, and after the third try the account was automatically locked. After some discussion with the bank, it transpired that the attempt was made at an ATM I had visited myself earlier in the day where I had deposited a cheque, exactly one minute after I had made that deposit.

In all likelihood the machine asked me if I wanted to make another transaction and I didn't hit "no" before walking away - so the bloke standing behind me in the line noticed I was still logged on, and thought he'd try his luck. Three chances in ten thousand that he'd walk away with a cool grand of somebody else's (i.e. my) money. He didn't win the prize, but he did lock up my bank account for the rest of the weekend. To rub salt into the wounds, before I left the ATM I had turned around and apologised to the guy for taking so long 'coz it took me a little while to work out how the deposit mechanism worked.

Moral of the story: Always make sure you're logged out of the ATM 'coz there are some right fricken arseholes out there.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby DOC » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:02 pm

Not sure I understand this.

If you were already logged in why would it ask for a password?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:09 pm

DOC wrote:Not sure I understand this.

If you were already logged in why would it ask for a password?

I think it re-prompts for a PIN each time you do a transaction which results in cash being dispensed. If you ask for something like an account balance then it doesn't bother re-prompting. The extra level of redundancy is not a bad thing, given that certain idiots will simply walk away when they're done...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby DOC » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:16 pm

OK.

The bank should be referring it to SAPOL,
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:32 pm

DOC wrote:OK.

The bank should be referring it to SAPOL,

And the ATM would more than likely have a camera getting a photo of this arse wipe.
With any luck he may have carried on with his own transaction & be easily detected.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby spell_check » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:03 pm

locky801 wrote:Silver City Hwy

I'd hate to be a trucking service from Broken Hill to Mildura (or vice versa). That's a batshit boring road IMO - only one roadhouse to break the journey, and that was shrouded in dust on the only time I've been on that road.
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:55 am

RB wrote:You can have an opinion - if you choose to air your opinion publicly, you've got to be prepared for the consequences. The same as it's always been.

I love how people cry "free speech" ( which isn't actually in the Australian Constitution ) as if it's some get out of jail free card.

Free speech gives you the freedom to express yourself, it doesn't make you exempt from being held accountable for what you have said.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:06 am

Pseudo wrote:My credit card got declined on a paywave transaction on Saturday. Not a biggy, I thought, the vendor must have a dodgy machine. I paid with a different card.

So I call the bank to see what is going on. Am promptly informed that my card has been frozen because someone tried to withdraw using my card at an ATM earlier in the day. They tried 3 times to withdraw $1000 - but they got the PIN wrong each time, and after the third try the account was automatically locked. After some discussion with the bank, it transpired that the attempt was made at an ATM I had visited myself earlier in the day where I had deposited a cheque, exactly one minute after I had made that deposit.

In all likelihood the machine asked me if I wanted to make another transaction and I didn't hit "no" before walking away - so the bloke standing behind me in the line noticed I was still logged on, and thought he'd try his luck. Three chances in ten thousand that he'd walk away with a cool grand of somebody else's (i.e. my) money. He didn't win the prize, but he did lock up my bank account for the rest of the weekend. To rub salt into the wounds, before I left the ATM I had turned around and apologised to the guy for taking so long 'coz it took me a little while to work out how the deposit mechanism worked.

Moral of the story: Always make sure you're logged out of the ATM 'coz there are some right fricken arseholes out there.

When I was a younger bloke some fella was being a smart arse to me at the pub, I felt like belting him but refrained and just kept giving him shit back.

I needed some money a bit later and he was at the ATM, he walked away and gave me another mouthful, as I approached the ATM it said "would you like another transaction"? The dickhead was still logged in, I was bloody well tempted.

Since then it's always made me check the screen before I depart.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby tipper » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:14 am

Booney wrote:

I love how people cry "free speech" ( which isn't actually in the Australian Constitution ) as if it's some get out of jail free card.

Free speech gives you the freedom to express yourself, it doesn't make you exempt from being held accountable for what you have said.
Free speech provisions, generally, are also about being free to critiscise the government without reprisal from the government.

So, you know, we can call our elected representatives out when they stuff up, and not get arrested or whatever like people in less fortunate countries/dictatorships

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:29 am

Pseudo wrote:My credit card got declined on a paywave transaction on Saturday. Not a biggy, I thought, the vendor must have a dodgy machine. I paid with a different card.

Deposit the cheque via your banking phone app, problem solved
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:35 am

Dutchy wrote:

Deposit the cheque via your banking phone app, problem solved

Gee times have changed, the MIL still will only go into the bank to deposit or withdraw money.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:37 am

Once yOur card is out of the machine you can’t do any other transactions?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:39 am

Armchair expert wrote:Once yOur card is out of the machine you can’t do any other transactions?

That’s what I thought as well?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:43 am

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:

Free speech provisions, generally, are also about being free to critiscise the government without reprisal from the government.

So, you know, we can call our elected representatives out when they stuff up, and not get arrested or whatever like people in less fortunate countries/dictatorships

That's what Australia's constitution implies, yes, unfortunately people take that to the n'th degree taking it as freedom of speech in any instance, not so.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion