Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Pseudo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:50 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Once yOur card is out of the machine you can’t do any other transactions?

That’s what I thought as well?

These days you can just tap the card on the machine, it never goes in.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pseudo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:56 am

Dutchy wrote:
Pseudo wrote:My credit card got declined on a paywave transaction on Saturday. Not a biggy, I thought, the vendor must have a dodgy machine. I paid with a different card.

Then my credit card got denied again at a different shop. And again, and again.

So I call the bank to see what is going on. Am promptly informed that my card has been frozen because someone tried to withdraw using my card at an ATM earlier in the day. They tried 3 times to withdraw $1000 - but they got the PIN wrong each time, and after the third try the account was automatically locked. After some discussion with the bank, it transpired that the attempt was made at an ATM I had visited myself earlier in the day where I had deposited a cheque, exactly one minute after I had made that deposit.

In all likelihood the machine asked me if I wanted to make another transaction and I didn't hit "no" before walking away - so the bloke standing behind me in the line noticed I was still logged on, and thought he'd try his luck. Three chances in ten thousand that he'd walk away with a cool grand of somebody else's (i.e. my) money. He didn't win the prize, but he did lock up my bank account for the rest of the weekend. To rub salt into the wounds, before I left the ATM I had turned around and apologised to the guy for taking so long 'coz it took me a little while to work out how the deposit mechanism worked.

Moral of the story: Always make sure you're logged out of the ATM 'coz there are some right fricken arseholes out there.

Deposit the cheque via your banking phone app, problem solved

But my phone doesn’t have a slot to stick the cheque in?!?

Also wouldn't be a problem if the state govt would do a funds transfer instead of mailing out a cheque.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Psyber » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:13 am

Pseudo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Pseudo wrote:My credit card got declined on a paywave transaction on Saturday. Not a biggy, I thought, the vendor must have a dodgy machine. I paid with a different card.

Then my credit card got denied again at a different shop. And again, and again.

So I call the bank to see what is going on. Am promptly informed that my card has been frozen because someone tried to withdraw using my card at an ATM earlier in the day. They tried 3 times to withdraw $1000 - but they got the PIN wrong each time, and after the third try the account was automatically locked. After some discussion with the bank, it transpired that the attempt was made at an ATM I had visited myself earlier in the day where I had deposited a cheque, exactly one minute after I had made that deposit.

In all likelihood the machine asked me if I wanted to make another transaction and I didn't hit "no" before walking away - so the bloke standing behind me in the line noticed I was still logged on, and thought he'd try his luck. Three chances in ten thousand that he'd walk away with a cool grand of somebody else's (i.e. my) money. He didn't win the prize, but he did lock up my bank account for the rest of the weekend. To rub salt into the wounds, before I left the ATM I had turned around and apologised to the guy for taking so long 'coz it took me a little while to work out how the deposit mechanism worked.

Moral of the story: Always make sure you're logged out of the ATM 'coz there are some right fricken arseholes out there.

Deposit the cheque via your banking phone app, problem solved

But my phone doesn’t have a slot to stick the cheque in?!?

Also wouldn't be a problem if the state govt would do a funds transfer instead of mailing out a cheque.

I haven't had a cheque to deposit in several years, and my policy when i do is to go into the bank and deposit it over the counter. I'm cautious about the machines, because there have been incidents of sensors being stuck on them to read cards, and Idon't entirely trust the security of mobile phone apps as adjustment of their settings is limited.

Nearly all my financial transactions are done by logging on from my laptop, which I know is secure because I secured it myself, with a browser hardly anyone uses (and therefore hardly anyone hacks) and which is set to wipe all history on closure - and which I close immediately after use.

I use a different browser for general use thus further protecting the other from contamination by hackers.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:14 pm

Pseudo wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Once yOur card is out of the machine you can’t do any other transactions?

That’s what I thought as well?

These days you can just tap the card on the machine, it never goes in.

Yeah right.
I can’t even remember the last time I used an atm to be honest
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:22 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Yeah right.

I do when I go have a punt.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Yeah right.

I just raid the kids money boxes and then hope like hell I have a win so I can put it back shortly after.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:32 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Yeah right.

I just raid the kids money boxes and then hope like hell I have a win so I can put it back shortly after.

:lol: :lol:

Somehow my kids have a sixth sense of when I've had a win, I'll get a random message about need some books for uni or a shoe has a had a blowout.

I hide money for the following week when I do have a win though, or buy something decent while I have the coin on me.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:20 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:PAFC - trying to run the locals out with a monstrosity

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/ ... rcRFU4jYH0

@mighty_tiger_79 there's a community consultation event at the Port Club tonight if you're interested.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby DOC » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:31 am

Perhaps this is what MT was referencing. Seems to me that a lot of the angst comes from where the council boundary is as it affects the consultation process. It will be totally dependent on Federal Government funding.

Alberton residents feel they have been neglected and betrayed by the Port Adelaide Football Club as it rolls forward with plans for a $20m upgrade of its home-ground.

The revamp would include a new soccer pitch and a basketball gymnasium – to both be used by other local sporting clubs – close to houses and replacing what is currently an open public park.

But to complicate matters, the eastern, southern and western borders of Alberton Oval are the borders of Port Adelaide Enfield Council – meaning the residents most closely affected come under a different council.

The redevelopment, announced by the club last month, would see the removal of a dozen regulated trees.

An industrial-style 12.8m tall basketball gym, set 10m back from the road, would also be built on the oval’s western side on what is currently an open park – and directly across from houses.

That park space is currently used for parking on SANFL game days. The new development would provide only 12 additional parking spaces.

PAFC has indicated both the soccer pitch and basketball courts will be used by other clubs outside of business hours. The development is currently out for public notice – but only residents within 60m of it are allowed to make submissions to Port Adelaide Enfield’s development panel in support or opposition.

It would also require a change to Alberton Oval’s community land management plan, which PAE is set to discuss next month.

The council has already voted unanimously in support of the development.

Nearby resident Peter Sossic believed the loss of the park for carpark space would lead to more stress on surrounding streets – which belong to Charles Sturt Council – and other sporting clubs using the oval would create more traffic at night.

“They sing Never Tear us Apart, but they’re tearing apart the community,” Mr Sossic said.

“You move in here and you move next to a football club and you know what to expect.

“We just don’t want things to be different to what they are now.”

He said the club had been “ham-fisted” in its dealings with the community.

Pasquale Rinaldi, whose house is opposite where the basketball gym would be built, said he was “devastated” by the proposal – and was considering moving out of the area.

“It would look like a big industrial shed – something that belongs in a commercial precinct,” Mr Rinaldi said.

“(Football) event days are packed, and I can live with that, but I would say basketball and soccer weren’t part of it when I moved in and it doesn’t belong here.”

Another resident, Darren Hill, said PAFC were “basically doing what the Crows tried to do in the Parklands”.

A PAFC spokesman said the club had already held a community meeting and would “continue to engage the community to ensure the project delivers a high performance sport and community precinct that everyone will have access to and be proud of”. The spokesman did not answer questions about how often the basketball courts and soccer pitches would be used by other clubs. .

A Charles Sturt Council spokeswoman said the council had been contacted by Port Adelaide Enfield to say it would contacts its residents for feedback on Alberton Oval.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby RB » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:41 pm

I'm struggling to understand where they're going to accommodate a soccer pitch. There's that park to the eastern side of the oval. Be a very tight squeeze to get a full-size soccer pitch in there.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:59 pm

RB wrote:I'm struggling to understand where they're going to accommodate a soccer pitch. There's that park to the eastern side of the oval. Be a very tight squeeze to get a full-size soccer pitch in there.

I think its only aimed at a Junior / primary school soccer competition so not full size pitch I'd imagine.

The area is around 100m x 60m so with an expanded facility and basketball courts it would have to be a junior sized pitch.

The whole facility is about the community, so by adding to the current space the upgraded Fos Williams Family Stand for the AFLW side of the future and the council has identified basketball and junior soccer as requiring additional resources in the council zone.

I'm ok with it, but then again it's not across the road from me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:20 pm

Is the soccer pitch enclosed or artificial? Surely it's main purpose would be for the Power's training especially if it's wet.

Either way they definately deserve their share of the pie that most AFL clubs seem to get in regard to training facilities.

Be interesting to get a long term friend of mines opinion later this year when I see him as he lives across the road and was a mad fan of the original Port.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:22 pm

Wedgie wrote:Is the soccer pitch enclosed or artificial? Surely it's main purpose would be for the Power's training especially if it's wet.

Either way they definately deserve their share of the pie that most AFL clubs seem to get in regard to training facilities.

Be interesting to get a long term friend of mines opinion later this year when I see him as he lives across the road and was a mad fan of the original Port.

Artists impression*.

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:34 pm

Urgh, looks like the entire wing and pocket is being demolished. Hope they no longer have SANFL games there if that's the case.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:49 pm

Artists impression*
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby DOC » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:51 pm

Carparking in the outer up to the fence. Good idea.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:07 pm

Booney wrote:Artists impression*

They're a good drawer.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:23 pm

Not sure how a Basketball Stadium adds any value to a local residential area, plenty of commercial areas around the Port where they could develop that.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:31 pm

Plenty of empty woolsheds

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:38 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Plenty of empty woolsheds

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

That’s bad boy bubbies home mate you can’t change that.
amber_fluid
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion