PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby #bleedredandblue » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:32 pm

BigShow23 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:Quite right Homer J, it was joint winners. It was a close count. Tie for first, second and third. Leader board is to be put up shortly on the site.

It's a pity some start to open their mouths (fingers to a key board) without knowing the facts, but then that doesn't create the drama.

Don't come here looking for intelligence or facts mate, you'll be disappointed every time.

When you have a bloke running around as if he’s the king of the world & acting if he was the clear winner, you can only assume he took it out by the length of Flemington. Win or tied akram by far should have been the clear winner carried a team on he’s back all year. #goat

Hahahahaha you must suck at sport so bad, upset on someone else’s accomplishment! For sure he should have won it, had a great year.. but if your going by averages, nugget should have won it? 3,2,1 system though my friend so obviously 40 wickets in 10 games was enough! Very happy to tie the award with my new team mate though, you can buy me some beers at some stage for my accomplishment, thanks dork
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby BigShow23 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:49 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:
BigShow23 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:Quite right Homer J, it was joint winners. It was a close count. Tie for first, second and third. Leader board is to be put up shortly on the site.

It's a pity some start to open their mouths (fingers to a key board) without knowing the facts, but then that doesn't create the drama.

Don't come here looking for intelligence or facts mate, you'll be disappointed every time.

When you have a bloke running around as if he’s the king of the world & acting if he was the clear winner, you can only assume he took it out by the length of Flemington. Win or tied akram by far should have been the clear winner carried a team on he’s back all year. #goat

Hahahahaha you must suck at sport so bad, upset on someone else’s accomplishment! For sure he should have won it, had a great year.. but if your going by averages, nugget should have won it? 3,2,1 system though my friend so obviously 40 wickets in 10 games was enough! Very happy to tie the award with my new team mate though, you can buy me some beers at some stage for my accomplishment, thanks dork

Didn’t take long for the man himself to come on & take the bait :lol:
BigShow23

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:04 pm

Can't believe two units tied for the award! :P

Couple ways to look at it - some might say Akram was the only bloke Royals had, and carried them - he made runs, they won, he would've banked votes.. and he had no players to take votes off him.

Another way might be that Knapp had reasonable players around him, so polling votes to win is a fair achievement given plenty of team mates would've taken votes off him.

Either way, I think the result was right - Knapp & Akram comfortably the two outstanding players in the div, followed prob by Sebastyan and nugget... then i'd have Dyl Wilson just behind them.

I wonder though.. how many votes Knapp polled after declaring himself the future D2 medalist on here earlier in the year.. :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:02 pm

The Bedge wrote:Can't believe two units tied for the award! :P

Couple ways to look at it - some might say Akram was the only bloke Royals had, and carried them - he made runs, they won, he would've banked votes.. and he had no players to take votes off him.

Another way might be that Knapp had reasonable players around him, so polling votes to win is a fair achievement given plenty of team mates would've taken votes off him.

Either way, I think the result was right - Knapp & Akram comfortably the two outstanding players in the div, followed prob by Sebastyan and nugget... then i'd have Dyl Wilson just behind them.

I wonder though.. how many votes Knapp polled after declaring himself the future D2 medalist on here earlier in the year.. :lol:

Would umpires be on here and if so wouldn't they laugh and ignore the comments like most of do as just stirring the pot. When the votes eventually get put up maybe we will be able to guess how many.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:45 pm

The umpires most certainly jump on here for a read.. in fact that’s how I got my social media warning earlier in the year haha :lol:

Last couple years when I’ve done phantom counts (or LM has) I’ve even had umpires tell they look forward to reading the votes and comparing how close to the votes they gave. :lol:

Nonetheless, Knapp deserved his votes - wasn’t that he took poles, it’s that he genuinely took them in bags of 4+
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 11, 2021 2:25 pm

Whose gonna be the new President of the PDCA?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby auto » Tue May 11, 2021 2:38 pm

Vote 1 Bedgie

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 11, 2021 2:57 pm

Got enough crap to worry about already without adding to it.

Ideally it would be good if the position was filled by a neutral party, but that's unlikely, so my vote is Duncs.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue May 11, 2021 5:45 pm

The Bedge wrote:Got enough crap to worry about already without adding to it.

Ideally it would be good if the position was filled by a neutral party, but that's unlikely, so my vote is Duncs.

Yeah right, your vote is trying to attempt an Safooty mafia amongst the pdca.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby no_remorse28 » Wed May 12, 2021 6:34 am

If Bedge isn't wetting himself at the prospect of being the President I'd be very surprised. We all know he loves the me, me, me factor when it comes to being able to throw around any sort of title. I also heard Kilburn and Enfield are merging within two years to become the Enfield Chics, playing in ATCA
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 12, 2021 7:45 am

no_remorse28 wrote:If Bedge isn't wetting himself at the prospect of being the President I'd be very surprised. We all know he loves the me, me, me factor when it comes to being able to throw around any sort of title. I also heard Kilburn and Enfield are merging within two years to become the Enfield Chics, playing in ATCA

Correct, Enfield & Kilburn to merge, and Enfield to field two sides in the ATCA, a junior side, a women’s side and then keep the remainder in PDCA.

It’s a takeover not a merger.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Wed May 12, 2021 12:07 pm

The Bedge wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:If Bedge isn't wetting himself at the prospect of being the President I'd be very surprised. We all know he loves the me, me, me factor when it comes to being able to throw around any sort of title. I also heard Kilburn and Enfield are merging within two years to become the Enfield Chics, playing in ATCA

Correct, Enfield & Kilburn to merge, and Enfield to field two sides in the ATCA, a junior side, a women’s side and then keep the remainder in PDCA.

I could see that working.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Fri May 14, 2021 11:06 am

The Bedge wrote:Got enough crap to worry about already without adding to it.

Heard from a semi reliable source that duncs is not putting his hand up, way to busy with work and Council to commit to a role that does need a lot of sweat and committment.

But I hear someone else is and would have a lot of clubs support..

PDCA despite its criticisms is a good competition and I would love to see it grow but needs a bit more new blood to do that.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Bluedemon » Tue May 18, 2021 5:43 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Playing from Kilburn oval??
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 19, 2021 8:59 am

Bluedemon wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Playing from Kilburn oval??

The ATCA teams will be I'd imagine otherwise it isn't a takeover.

What clubrooms will you use for a post game drink @The Bedge?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 19, 2021 9:06 am

BenchedEagle wrote:PDCA despite its criticisms is a good competition and I would love to see it grow but needs a bit more new blood to do that.

Bloody oath mate, it seems very relaxed nowadays as I see black shoes worn in div 1 which would've incurred fines a few years back.

Yeah, the standard has dropped, the world is different now and people are time poor but the integrity and passion that the PDCA Committee have has never waned, Clarko is the glue that has held the comp together since Frank's passing and the rest of the guys all play their parts.

There are spot fires that pop up from time to time, we are always quick to judge on decisions without knowing all of the facts but overall they do a fantastic job, I love stopping by randomly and catching up with some PDCA folk, I managed to do a fair bit of mingling on the Women's GF day and it was great to catch up the committee and the umpires as well as some other famous PDCA heads, that's what the comp is all about.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 19, 2021 10:02 am

Lightning McQueen wrote: I managed to do a fair bit of mingling on the Women's GF day and it was great to catch up the committee and the umpires as well as some other famous PDCA heads, that's what the comp is all about.

Was a good turn out the GF day - particularly for the Grade 3 final between Smithfield and Eastern Park.

It's a shame they choose to play the final on the Monday of the long weekend though, surely the Sunday makes more sense - enable the teams to actually celebrate without the worry of work the next day.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 19, 2021 2:25 pm

Please note - the "Enfield / Kilburn" idea was not true, it was noremorse taking the Mickey, i just went along because i thought everyone would realise it was a joke lol. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 19, 2021 2:36 pm

The Bedge wrote:Please note - the "Enfield / Kilburn" idea was not true, it was noremorse taking the Mickey, i just went along because i thought everyone would realise it was a joke lol. :lol:

Drats, Kilfield had a nice ring to it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby no_remorse28 » Wed May 19, 2021 7:15 pm

The Merger has been all the talk for over 10 years, the problem is Enfield have no interest in being re named Kildogs
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps