R1 WWT v Sturt 2.35 PM

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R1 WWT v Sturt 2.35 PM

Postby goddy11 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:57 am

Mr Fuller wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:
goddy11 wrote:There was a lot to like about Sturt. At half time I was worried. They absorbed a fair bit of pressure in the second 1/4 then came back to hit the lead. The defense was great. I think their gut running plan may have come undone in the hot weather. They will win a few games more than expected this year.

The only worry I had was that we were so dominant but incredibly wasteful going forward constantly bombing the ball in without lifting our eyes or going wide to a pocket giving our forwards a much tougher shot for goal. And often when we did have a shot from goal from 50m dead in front we'd tentatively kick the ball and not make the distance! Sturt had much less play but were far more structured going forward. However because we were swamping them with our play I always felt that we'd get there in the end.

The Eagles definitely need to improve on that performance if we are going to beat South, Glenelg and Norwood but pleasing that we still got the job done comfortably in the end.

It highlighted the Eagles missing Rowe hopefully Stengle can fill that gap ,
Any word on West ?

Yes I think Stengle could play a very important role for us. What happened to West?

Looks like a few of our recruits in who played in the reserves played pretty handy games - Hardie and Sharman

Where are Hall and Burgoyne?

Rumour that Chris Hall going to the Crows. Not sure on Burgoyne but the U18 have a few injuries . May be one of them. He's in the main squad.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:54 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:
goddy11 wrote:There was a lot to like about Sturt. At half time I was worried. They absorbed a fair bit of pressure in the second 1/4 then came back to hit the lead. The defense was great. I think their gut running plan may have come undone in the hot weather. They will win a few games more than expected this year.

The only worry I had was that we were so dominant but incredibly wasteful going forward constantly bombing the ball in without lifting our eyes or going wide to a pocket giving our forwards a much tougher shot for goal. And often when we did have a shot from goal from 50m dead in front we'd tentatively kick the ball and not make the distance! Sturt had much less play but were far more structured going forward. However because we were swamping them with our play I always felt that we'd get there in the end.

The Eagles definitely need to improve on that performance if we are going to beat South, Glenelg and Norwood but pleasing that we still got the job done comfortably in the end.

It highlighted the Eagles missing Rowe hopefully Stengle can fill that gap ,
Any word on West ?

Yes I think Stengle could play a very important role for us. What happened to West?

Looks like a few of our recruits in who played in the reserves played pretty handy games - Hardie and Sharman

Where are Hall and Burgoyne?

Rumour that Chris Hall going to the Crows. Not sure on Burgoyne but the U18 have a few injuries . May be one of them. He's in the main squad.[/quote]

I saw somewhere Hall, Tom Gray , Sharrad are gone .
We need a ruck man to help Hayes until Redden is back
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby ferret » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:17 pm

Burgoyne has been injured all preseason.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby mal » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:32 pm

I attended this game at Woodville Oval
Ive been left with a lasting impression
I got sunburnt
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times