Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:35 am

Dutchy wrote:So we have never owned a dog, my BIL and his family are off to Sydney for a week so they drop off their 6 month old cavoodle (?) to us last night to look after. My son who has pleaded for a dog all his life is in heaven and has promised to look after it. Anyway last night the dog jumped off my son's bed and now it isn't putting any pressure on is back right leg when walking. He doesn't seem in any distress and doesn't flinch when we put pressure on the leg, anyone had something similar? 8-[

Yeah probably just tweaked something. It'll be fine in a couple days (probably be better by tonight)
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:46 am

Thanks for the input, working from home so can keep an eye on him, think the wife will panic though and book a vet for tonight.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:37 am

Dutchy wrote:Thanks for the input, working from home so can keep an eye on him, think the wife will panic though and book a vet for tonight.

If not, just buy another puppy. They are cheap as (pigs arse) :lol:

My daughter has a groodle (which we have inherited) and it makes me cringe how much they are worth
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:20 pm

Had to get the lad to Glenelg Oval by 5:30pm yesterday, left work early to go collect him and then stopped home to get changed, I left Prospect at a tad before 4:30pm and got there a couple of minutes late, South Road is pure horse shit and will be for some time, yeah it's great having 19 lanes from Regency Road to past Grange Road but they all meet up and traffic doesn't move for God knows how long.

I was fortunate enough for someone to let me across so I could cut down Deacon Avenue to work my way to Marion Road then boom, another wall. Managed to get across to cut through Mooringie to get to Morphett which was bedlam trying to turn right again, the final kick in the nuts was eventually turning on to Brighton Road and seeing what was ahead.

Under normal circumstances I would've worked my way to Tapleys Hill Road, hindsight is wonderful.

I don't think I'll ever get to see the full advantage of the South Road upgrade.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Had to get the lad to Glenelg Oval by 5:30pm yesterday, left work early to go collect him and then stopped home to get changed, I left Prospect at a tad before 4:30pm and got there a couple of minutes late, South Road is pure horse shit and will be for some time, yeah it's great having 19 lanes from Regency Road to past Grange Road but they all meet up and traffic doesn't move for God knows how long.

I was fortunate enough for someone to let me across so I could cut down Deacon Avenue to work my way to Marion Road then boom, another wall. Managed to get across to cut through Mooringie to get to Morphett which was bedlam trying to turn right again, the final kick in the nuts was eventually turning on to Brighton Road and seeing what was ahead.

Under normal circumstances I would've worked my way to Tapleys Hill Road, hindsight is wonderful.

I don't think I'll ever get to see the full advantage of the South Road upgrade.

I'm blessed that a bad day to work is 15 minutes and on a good day 12. When I come out of Ashwin Parade and see the bottle neck coming up out of the under pass heading South on South Road I wonder why people keep using that route, I guess every other option is shit too!

The traffic if often from West Thebby Road back past Port Road.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:45 pm

Henley Beach Rd South Road intersection is pure torture, waiting minimum 4 light sequences in peak traffic then you get to deal with Sir Donald Bradman drive for another long wait

LM route I would take would be get off South Road at Ashwin Parade (brickworks road) go to the end of that ontoAshley St onto Holbrooks road then at Henley Beach Road either go left to get on Marion Rd or turn right to get onto Tapleys Hill Rd.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby MW » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:45 pm

As a South Rd user, it is rat sh1t during school holidays. I don't know why, but they must experiment with light changes or something...
The problem at the moment though is they are working on the springbank/goodwood intersection and it is moving traffic across into the other arterials like Unley, South, Marion rds etc. That's why its so bad at the moment.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby MW » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:47 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Henley Beach Rd South Road intersection is pure torture, waiting minimum 4 light sequences in peak traffic then you get to deal with Sir Donald Bradman drive for another long wait

LM route I would take would be get off South Road at Ashwin Parade (brickworks road) go to the end of that ontoAshley St onto Holbrooks road then at Henley Beach Road either go left to get on Marion Rd or turn right to get onto Tapleys Hill Rd.

If it's not too far out of your way, I take park tce into port rd into james congdon, past richmond rd and getting onto South rd just before the underpass. If underpass area is that bad, detour to winston.
MW
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:05 pm

The underpass is typically the smoothest part of my commute. Marion/South roads have a number of choke points, depending on exact time of day, school holidays, and the phase of the moon.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:05 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Henley Beach Rd South Road intersection is pure torture, waiting minimum 4 light sequences in peak traffic then you get to deal with Sir Donald Bradman drive for another long wait

I had zero chance of anyone letting me in to turn on to Ashwin, that was banked up already to the underpass.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:31 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Had to get the lad to Glenelg Oval by 5:30pm yesterday, left work early to go collect him and then stopped home to get changed, I left Prospect at a tad before 4:30pm and got there a couple of minutes late, South Road is pure horse shit and will be for some time, yeah it's great having 19 lanes from Regency Road to past Grange Road but they all meet up and traffic doesn't move for God knows how long.

This makes me appreciate my 25 min, 3 roads, 100km an hour for 90% of the way trip to work each day.

Length of time is perfect, allows me to get through 5-7 songs, enough to clear the head before seeing the fam. Can almost do the trip in auto pilot and plenty of easy/safe overtaking spots if I get caught behind some tourists. Wildlife can be a bit of a nightmare but touchwood haven't hit anything yet.....fingers crossed.

Don't reckon I could ever do a city commute to work ever again. Work is enough of a life struggle nevermind getting there and back being stressful. Sport is just as easy to travel to except some of the travel is an hour long.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Corona Man » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:49 pm

I got to work this morning in 15 seconds.... just had to walk down the hallway.

Seriously though my new commute to the office from home, is around 15 minutes. Bliss by Melbourne standards. I am 7 minutes closer now I reckon.

For Mrs C, 6 less sets of lights too.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby MW » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:05 pm

work commute does not stress me at all. its always going to be there so no point in stressing over it.
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:35 pm

Life's too short to get shitty on the road.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:12 am

MW wrote:work commute does not stress me at all. its always going to be there so no point in stressing over it.

Same here, I do prefer to live as close to work as possible though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:13 am

Booney wrote:Life's too short to get shitty on the road.

I generally don't really care, the thought of my son being told that he is cut from the team for not getting there by the specified time though had me a little on edge.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:work commute does not stress me at all. its always going to be there so no point in stressing over it.

I get caught in shitty traffic a bit, just no way around it after drop offs and school runs etc on certain days.

But I simply get and spot podcasts lined up and enjoy the time listening to them.

I have listened to some funny stuff over the last few months, makes the commute ok.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:05 am

stan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I get caught in shitty traffic a bit, just no way around it after drop offs and school runs etc on certain days.

But I simply get and spot podcasts lined up and enjoy the time listening to them.

I have listened to some funny stuff over the last few months, makes the commute ok.

I'm either commuting from Prospect to Gepps or Gawler to Gepps, the northern connector is generally a pleasant journey in the morning that takes 26 minutes, I just don't like having to fuel up too often.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:00 pm

whufc wrote:

This makes me appreciate my 25 min, 3 roads, 100km an hour for 90% of the way trip to work each day.

Length of time is perfect, allows me to get through 5-7 songs, enough to clear the head before seeing the fam. Can almost do the trip in auto pilot and plenty of easy/safe overtaking spots if I get caught behind some tourists. Wildlife can be a bit of a nightmare but touchwood haven't hit anything yet.....fingers crossed.

Don't reckon I could ever do a city commute to work ever again. Work is enough of a life struggle nevermind getting there and back being stressful. Sport is just as easy to travel to except some of the travel is an hour long.

This
Ive never lived in the city, this would be one of the main reasons not to. I drive from Angaston to Nuri for work, all of about 10 minutes and 7 or 8kms. However, the chance of a 5 second stop at the two lights is annoying. Generally i fuel up every 4 weeks, unless sport takes me to the shit hole of Gawler.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby heater31 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:29 pm

$150 to tell me the dog most likely has hayfever! Regular human antihistamines are fine to take.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion