R4 Centrals v Adelaide 2.10Pm Saturday

All discussions to do with the SANFL

R4 Centrals v Adelaide 2.10Pm Saturday

Postby DOC » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:55 am

Both teams coming off loses.

Centrals should have nearly a full squad to choose from and will look to get back to the form that their first 6 quarters of football showed they were capable of playing.

Adelaide do not look they will have any further players returning and with their League side playing in Tasmania will probably be weaker.

I feel this match will show how much the difference is between Centrals best and worst.

Centrals by 4 goals.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: R4 Centrals v Adelaide 2.10Pm Saturday

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:29 pm

Would want to win this one.....

Massive game for the Dogs. Great for the first 6 quarters of the year, ordinary for the next 6 quarters of the year.

Just going off the socials there is starting to get a little bit of unrest amongst supporters, even ex officials jumping off board especially regarding players leaving. Personally I think to many supporters had to high expectations of the team and bought into the clubs theory that our squad was a heap better than it is.

Hopefully we win well, get 2-2 and continue to have a crack at making finals for as long as we can.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:04 pm

Central by 9 goals, 3 points.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby MJP1993 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:40 pm

whufc wrote:Would want to win this one.....

Massive game for the Dogs. Great for the first 6 quarters of the year, ordinary for the next 6 quarters of the year.

Just going off the socials there is starting to get a little bit of unrest amongst supporters, even ex officials jumping off board especially regarding players leaving. Personally I think to many supporters had to high expectations of the team and bought into the clubs theory that our squad was a heap better than it is.

Hopefully we win well, get 2-2 and continue to have a crack at making finals for as long as we can.

whufc if your Dogs can’t beat Adelaide I’d be shocked .
What I saw of Adelaide last week most seconds teams could beat them .
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:48 pm

MJP1993 wrote:
whufc wrote:Would want to win this one.....

whufc if your Dogs can’t beat Adelaide I’d be shocked .
What I saw of Adelaide last week most seconds teams could beat them .

I would agree with that. Amateur league standard.........which isn't surprising since that is what many of those players are
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby southernbulldog » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:50 pm

WHUFC who are the players apart from Boyd you are referring to .As for the game i hope we play like we did against North with plenty of run ,quick ball movement and take the game on.We showed last week that if we kick to 1 on 1 we invariably will lose the contest.Hopefully we can come away with a win .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Doddy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:33 pm

Same question as above from me.

When I was at Alberton the other week I overheard a lady behind me say that people were going to be mad when they found out about the 4 players that had left. At that stage we knew about Boyd and McLean, and because Gillard and Barreau weren't in the side (and played well the previous week) I was a bit worried it was them. Then they were back last week after work/wedding commitments apparently. Wish I'd asked her now.

So who has gone?
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:59 am

southernbulldog wrote:WHUFC who are the players apart from Boyd you are referring to .As for the game i hope we play like we did against North with plenty of run ,quick ball movement and take the game on.We showed last week that if we kick to 1 on 1 we invariably will lose the contest.Hopefully we can come away with a win .

From what I have seen on social media the following critism have been thrown regularly, not that I agree with the critism.

-Boyd departure
-Coff at Salisbury North/ considering whether his playing
-Obviously the loss of the Menzels
-Ongoing uncertainty about Connor McLean
whufc
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:59 am

whufc wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:WHUFC who are the players apart from Boyd you are referring to .As for the game i hope we play like we did against North with plenty of run ,quick ball movement and take the game on.We showed last week that if we kick to 1 on 1 we invariably will lose the contest.Hopefully we can come away with a win .

From what I have seen on social media the following critism have been thrown regularly, not that I agree with the critism.

-Boyd departure

is that it? Storm in a teacup, we knew before the season started that the Menzels weren't staying, McLean (without being rude) hasn't been a regular league player, Coff hasn't played for us yet, Boyd is the only surprise though. On the upside, some of the players that have been playing in the 2's are now flourishing under the guidance of the new coach, I still say we'll finish this season off much better than last season.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby goddy11 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:01 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:

-Boyd departure

is that it? Storm in a teacup, we knew before the season started that the Menzels weren't staying, McLean (without being rude) hasn't been a regular league player, Coff hasn't played for us yet, Boyd is the only surprise though. On the upside, some of the players that have been playing in the 2's are now flourishing under the guidance of the new coach, I still say we'll finish this season off much better than last season.

Great post. Your club will be better for it. You have players that want to be there. They will make your club strong again.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:47 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:

-Boyd departure

I agree storm in a tea cup but surely could feel the mood changing on the social medias pretty quick from early optimism to people now critising the club pretty strongly again.

If we lose to Adelaide I reckon there is a core there ready to let lose...….ive already had people tagging me in the 'I told you so' manner when we lost to Port, one an ex official of the club.
whufc
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:01 pm

whufc wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:

-Boyd departure

I agree storm in a tea cup but surely could feel the mood changing on the social medias pretty quick from early optimism to people now critising the club pretty strongly again.

If we lose to Adelaide I reckon there is a core there ready to let lose...….ive already had people tagging me in the 'I told you so' manner when we lost to Port, one an ex official of the club.

Tell toxic people to f**k off.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby stampy » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:07 pm

rkn the dogs honeymoon period ended at thalftime at alberton, crows by a couple
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:36 pm

Doddy wrote:Same question as above from me.

When I was at Alberton the other week I overheard a lady behind me say that people were going to be mad when they found out about the 4 players that had left. At that stage we knew about Boyd and McLean, and because Gillard and Barreau weren't in the side (and played well the previous week) I was a bit worried it was them. Then they were back last week after work/wedding commitments apparently. Wish I'd asked her now.

So who has gone?

no-one since then.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Mr Fuller » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:09 pm

whufc wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:

-Boyd departure

Plenty of clubs this year will lose to Port - I expect them to make the finals. Unlike the Crows, their squad runs much deeper with talent as well as experience. Plus they somehow have access to marquee players (like Sutcliffe) and they also seemed to have attracted SANFL depth players across the years such as Surman, Weidemann and others .

But it would definitely be concerning if you lost to the Crows.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:50 pm

Connor Mclean has been named in the league side at Full Forward for Central, great news for Connor!!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby DOC » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:12 pm

CENTRAL

Central will make at least one adjustment for its encounter with Adelaide at X Convenience Oval.

Key utility Fraser Fort is out, opening up a potential opportunity for fellow bigmen Wyatt Patterson, Jacob Templeton or Connor Mclean.

That trio have all been listed on the extended interchange bench, which must be trimmed by two before the bounce.

Brendan Dew will play his 50th League match.

League

F: Grace, Mclean, Hoskin

HF: East, Olsson, D. Pisani

C: Dew, Grant, Barreau

HB: Morton, Montgomerie, Presbury

B: Habel, Graham, M. Neagle

R: Marsh, J. Schiller, T. Schiller

INT: Cannizzaro, Gillard, J. Kelly, Patterson, Templeton, Weaver

IN: Mclean, Patterson, Templeton

OUT: Fort

MILESTONE: Brendan Dew 50 games

Reserves
Carpenter, Cowham, Dahms, Grubb, Haydon, Hill, Iles, Kennedy, Lange, Lellmann, S. Linke, McCabe, McKelvie, Nason, J. Neagle, O’Brien, Patterson, Price, Richard, Shaw, Di Stefano, Sutton, Templeton, Thomson, Tidswell

Under-18
Dudley, Kohlhagen, Hahn, Wilson, Poulton, Ratcliff, Haynes, Wall, Clements, Reed, Pain, Krieg, Penrose, Pyman, Kalleske, Mondello, Nelson, Carreno, T. Linke, Evans, Borlace, McDonald, Akur, Gilchrist, Tuck

ADELAIDE

Adelaide has opted to rest former Richmond midfielder Daniel Jackson for its clash with Central at X Convenience Oval.

After being rested in Round 2, the Crows’ staffer will again freshen himself up after collecting 21 disposals and six clearances against the Eagles in Round 3.

Forward Ben Davis is also out with injury, with the Crows’ AFL emergencies still to be added to their squad.

League

F: Baccanello, Hall, J. Mathews

HF: J. Cook, Mackay, Clarke

C: Newchurch, Pedlar, B. Cook

HB: McAsey, Borlase, Wright

B: Latchford, Merrett, L. Mathews

R: Strachan, Boyle, O’Connor

INT: Salt

AFL Emergencies to be added

OUT: Davis (injured), Jackson (rested)
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby southernbulldog » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:49 pm

Nice to see Connor McLean named in the league side hope he gets a decent run at it.Theres no doubt he can play just has to get himself right to be a really good player at league level.Probably shouldnt be but worried about this game a lot of posters saying that we will win and Adelaide arent that good but it just worries me that we could lose and that would be disappointing.Would like to see Marsh rest up forward like he did a bit against North to give us a little more height .Hope Chris Olsson can find the board playing as a small forward he hasnt scored in the opening 3 games like the way he plays so hopefully he can impact the score.Very much a danger game i reckon .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:52 am

southernbulldog wrote:Nice to see Connor McLean named in the league side hope he gets a decent run at it.Theres no doubt he can play just has to get himself right to be a really good player at league level.Probably shouldnt be but worried about this game a lot of posters saying that we will win and Adelaide arent that good but it just worries me that we could lose and that would be disappointing.Would like to see Marsh rest up forward like he did a bit against North to give us a little more height .Hope Chris Olsson can find the board playing as a small forward he hasnt scored in the opening 3 games like the way he plays so hopefully he can impact the score.Very much a danger game i reckon .

It would be very deflating if we lost, but at least we wouldn't have to put up with Groucho's bleating.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby TDJ44 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:20 pm

southernbulldog wrote:Nice to see Connor McLean named in the league side hope he gets a decent run at it.Theres no doubt he can play just has to get himself right to be a really good player at league level.Probably shouldnt be but worried about this game a lot of posters saying that we will win and Adelaide arent that good but it just worries me that we could lose and that would be disappointing.Would like to see Marsh rest up forward like he did a bit against North to give us a little more height .Hope Chris Olsson can find the board playing as a small forward he hasnt scored in the opening 3 games like the way he plays so hopefully he can impact the score.Very much a danger game i reckon .

Patterson needs to play ,otherwise it's a big ask for Graham and Montgomerie to match up on Himmleberg and Frampton .
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL