Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:29 am

grasshopper22 wrote:
Smashed Crab wrote:while Victor could be struggling - although I have heard they’ve met/or are meeting with James Boyd and Seb Guilhaus. Considering the League just approved a $5000 loan for the club, they must’ve found $20k+ in the back pocket if they’re looking at recruiting these two.

We have our own Damien Barrett reporting in the GSFL. Clearances pending for the above. They'll help reduce the deficit, but Boyd wouldnt be a great mentor for the young kids coming through
I’m sure Victor will be hoping that Boyd will be better for their culture than what Alleway was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

‘Culture’? Short memory....You know what they say about living in glass houses and throwing stoners.

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby damian » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:44 pm

Who wins this weekend?

Encounter Bay v Mt Compass
Goolwa/Port Elliot v Langhorne Creek
McLaren v Victor Harbor
Willunga v Strathalbyn
Yankalilla v Myponga/Sellicks

Three games that could go either way, but for arguments sake, I’ve chosen who I think will take the points.

Mt Compass - 5 goals
Langhorne Creek - 10 goals
McLaren - 25 goals
Willunga - 3-4 goals
Yankalilla- 3-4 goals

On a side note, I don’t think we’ve heard the last of the points situation - latest I heard was the Clubs were banding together to tell the League to get stuffed and they don’t want the one point change for all teams. As for Skrypek playing as a two pointer when he looks like he should be a three - I have no idea where that sits, possibly he is a two somehow.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Goolwa-Port Elliott

Postby grasshopper22 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:44 pm

field of dreams wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:
Smashed Crab wrote:while Victor could be struggling - although I have heard they’ve met/or are meeting with James Boyd and Seb Guilhaus. Considering the League just approved a $5000 loan for the club, they must’ve found $20k+ in the back pocket if they’re looking at recruiting these two.

We have our own Damien Barrett reporting in the GSFL. Clearances pending for the above. They'll help reduce the deficit, but Boyd wouldnt be a great mentor for the young kids coming through
I’m sure Victor will be hoping that Boyd will be better for their culture than what Alleway was.

‘Culture’? Short memory....You know what they say about living in glass houses and throwing stoners.

I’ve had conversations with people at from your club and they’ve said that this is the case, re Alleway. Hence all the locals leaving the last 2 years. Which is a shame for your club.

grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:43 pm

damian wrote:On a side note, I don’t think we’ve heard the last of the points situation - latest I heard was the Clubs were banding together to tell the League to get stuffed and they don’t want the one point change for all teams. As for Skrypek playing as a two pointer when he looks like he should be a three - I have no idea where that sits, possibly he is a two somehow.

The rules are very clear, any modifications to the application of the APPS must be approved by the SANFL. The league does not have the ability to change the rule on the fly.
The club is responsible for ensuring it's players are allocated the appropriate value of points and ensuring they comply with the total player points rating.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby field of dreams » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:08 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
field of dreams wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:I’m sure Victor will be hoping that Boyd will be better for their culture than what Alleway was.

I’ve had conversations with people at from your club and they’ve said that this is the case, re Alleway. Hence all the locals leaving the last 2 years. Which is a shame for your club.

Oh it must be true then!! All the locals lol

Anyway that's enough on that topic. I've got to go cook the BBQ. Hope my mates turn up - no one has RSVPd!!
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby old fullback » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:12 pm

field of dreams wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:
field of dreams wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:I’m sure Victor will be hoping that Boyd will be better for their culture than what Alleway was.

Oh it must be true then!! All the locals lol

Anyway that's enough on that topic. I've got to go cook the BBQ. Hope my mates turn up - no one has RSVPd!!

1 Sausage on the BBQ?
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby old fullback » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:24 pm

Langhorne Creek Flexing their muscles early,
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby field of dreams » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:57 pm

old fullback wrote:Langhorne Creek Flexing their muscles early,
Yeah some big margins

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby field of dreams » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:00 pm

damian wrote:Mt Compass - 5 goals
McLaren - 25 goals
Willunga - 3-4 goals
Yankalilla- 3-4 goals

On a side note, I don’t think we’ve heard the last of the points situation - latest I heard was the Clubs were banding together to tell the League to get stuffed and they don’t want the one point change for all teams. As for Skrypek playing as a two pointer when he looks like he should be a three - I have no idea where that sits, possibly he is a two somehow.

Well done on 5 tips. Margins not so much. Some big ones.

I see Skrypec has grown a point since last week. Trouble??Image

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:42 am

Wouldn't read too much into it.
They have played 2 teams that are likely to finish closer to bottom than top.
Tho their ball movement today at times was clinical with McGregor taking advantage of it up forward with a lazy 11 goals

Only 2 rounds in but i'd be very surprised come finals if the Top 4 wasn't Creeks, Compass, Willunga and McLaren with Bays and Strath fighting out 5th spot.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:23 am

jackpot jim wrote:

Wouldn't read too much into it.
They have played 2 teams that are likely to finish closer to bottom than top.
Tho their ball movement today at times was clinical with McGregor taking advantage of it up forward with a lazy 11 goals

Only 2 rounds in but i'd be very surprised come finals if the Top 4 wasn't Creeks, Compass, Willunga and McLaren with Bays and Strath fighting out 5th spot.
Wouldn’t read to much into the result at the Bay yesterday, They looked to be severely undermanned with a number of notable players missing. Neale, Baldock, Renshaw, H Tonkin, Hooper, Davis and Pettit.

Hopefully a handful of these return for the local Derby and Bays Centenary week end celebrations.

grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby damian » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:39 pm

field of dreams wrote:
damian wrote:Mt Compass - 5 goals
McLaren - 25 goals
Willunga - 3-4 goals
Yankalilla- 3-4 goals

Well done on 5 tips. Margins not so much. Some big ones.

I see Skrypec has grown a point since last week. Trouble??Image

Surely it’s just a matter of time before Compass lose their Premiership points and score from round one. SportingPulse is now updated to show they were over their allocated points (even with a bonus point from the League coming off Haniford).
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Postby mutton cove » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:37 pm

damian:
Compass points 2020 were 9 but had to play 2 colts at minus 1 point each to bring it back.
2021 should still be nine, applied concession and are now 11.
Went out and recruited 2 x 3point players & 1x 4 point player. = 10 points.
Carried over 4 points, Mott 2 and Haniford now 1? so now 13 points.
And again are having to play 2 colts to get them back to 11.
Flouting the rules.
mutton cove
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby damian » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:40 pm

mutton cove wrote:damian:
Compass points 2020 were 9 but had to play 2 colts at minus 1 point each to bring it back.
Flouting the rules.

Recruit first, apply for a concession second.

Giving all other Clubs one point off a player/one bonus point (however you want to look at it) is not acceptable. As far as I can see, there is only 1-2 other Clubs that this might benefit.

Use Victor as an example, they played round one with zero points, round two with six. They aren’t anywhere near their points allocation.

There is some big decisions to be made by the League and Club Presidents in the next few days.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
damian
League Bench Warmer

Postby The eclipse fan » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:07 pm

damian wrote:
Flouting the rules.

Giving all other Clubs one point off a player/one bonus point (however you want to look at it) is not acceptable. As far as I can see, there is only 1-2 other Clubs that this might benefit.

Use Victor as an example, they played round one with zero points, round two with six. They aren’t anywhere near their points allocation.

There is some big decisions to be made by the League and Club Presidents in the next few days.

WATCH THIS SPACE.

How impotent is this league and its delegates.
They make decisions at a league level only to have a posse of presidents get together
throw the toys out of the cot and over rule their own delegates and league representatives.

So who’s more pathetic here.
League president
League secretary
League delegates
Club presidents or the score board kid

I’d trust the score board kid before any of the above tools.
Live Forever
The eclipse fan
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby oldbomber » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:42 pm

The eclipse fan wrote:
damian wrote:
Flouting the rules.

WATCH THIS SPACE.

They make decisions at a league level only to have a posse of presidents get together
throw the toys out of the cot and over rule their own delegates and league representatives.

League president
League secretary
League delegates

The buck stops with league president and him alone. On such a big issue he should have consulted all club presidents and put it to a vote if you are trying to change things mid season especially after points were already set and all teams knew their allocations. The league president is meant to represent all of the clubs so even though he may have got it wrong if it is corrected in a timely manner that satisfies majority of clubs i think everyone can get on with it being so early in season.
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Tiger83 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:47 pm

oldbomber wrote:
The eclipse fan wrote:
damian wrote:
Flouting the rules.

WATCH THIS SPACE.

League president
League secretary
League delegates

The buck stops with league president and him alone. On such a big issue he should have consulted all club presidents and put it to a vote if you are trying to change things mid season especially after points were already set and all teams knew their allocations. The league president is meant to represent all of the clubs so even though he may have got it wrong if it is corrected in a timely manner that satisfies majority of clubs i think everyone can get on with it being so early in season.

So to enlighten us all who weren’t at this meeting.. what was the result?
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:43 am

The eclipse fan wrote:
damian wrote:
Flouting the rules.

WATCH THIS SPACE.

League president
League secretary
League delegates

Giving other clubs an extra point coming into round 1 is laughable, they all had their recruiting done and dusted months earlier using their allocated points.

grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby damian » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:55 pm

Clubs voted (7-3 I believe) to have the decision of the League overturned - the point added back to the player from Mount Compass.

That player lined up for the Reserves today as they couldn’t fit him into the A’s. However, another recruit debuted for Compass today and was listed as a 0 point player. So not only did they play over their allocated points in round one (Skrypek played as a 2pt player instead of 3), they seem to have done it for a second time in round three.

Round two shows on SportingPulse that they were over their points, however the minus one the League gifted them brings them under for that match I believe.

What shambles. Action needs to be taken.

President & Secretary have to go.
damian
League Bench Warmer

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:20 pm

I don’t get why they have not lost the points already? You don’t need meetings, it’s clearly been breached. This is an incredibly poor look from an outsider looking in.....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy