Things that you don't understand

Anything!

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:59 am

Funny, really, if you go into a business and don't use the QR code but make a purchase the contact tracing team will be able to find you via your banking transaction and let you know if you've been exposed to a virus that's killed 3.1m people around the world.

What you've done though by not using the QR code or manually signing it in is just make it harder for authorities to alert you to your potential exposure.

Imagine the type of c*nt you'd have to be to think you're "winning" by not checking in? Thick as f*ck I reckon.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:13 am

Booney wrote:Funny, really, if you go into a business and don't use the QR code but make a purchase the contact tracing team will be able to find you via your banking transaction and let you know if you've been exposed to a virus that's killed 3.1m people around the world.

What you've done though by not using the QR code or manually signing it in is just make it harder for authorities to alert you to your potential exposure.

Imagine the type of c*nt you'd have to be to think you're "winning" by not checking in? Thick as f*ck I reckon.

Yeah and you get the ones who will refuse to scan in because its an invasion of privacy and then be scrolling through facebook or tinder as they wait in line. :D :D :D
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:38 am

Wedgie wrote:Go on then, test me out.
Do you have any balls to back up what you say or are just here to talk rubbish?
Prove your point mate or STFU as if you don't we all know that even you yourself know you're spinning shit.
Friday afternoon or Sunday or Monday anytime will suit me, only 10 minutes out of town, a small distance to go to prove you actually believe what you waffle. You'll be able to sue for the travel on top of everything else you'll be suing me and a large business for.
Easy money unless you're talking crap.

:lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:44 am

Booney wrote:Funny, really, if you go into a business and don't use the QR code but make a purchase the contact tracing team will be able to find you via your banking transaction and let you know if you've been exposed to a virus that's killed 3.1m people around the world.

Don't they list the places and times anyway?

I rarely hear people being asked to scan in at any shopping centre I frequent and I don't think it's fair on the shop assistant to insist that they do, they aren't a security guard and could be placing themselves at risk.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:55 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Don't they list the places and times anyway?

I rarely hear people being asked to scan in at any shopping centre I frequent and I don't think it's fair on the shop assistant to insist that they do, they aren't a security guard and could be placing themselves at risk.

They do and that's exactly what the QR system is for, to firstly track where a known positive has been ( by looking at their check ins ) and make it easier to trace the people who have been there and alert them to their risk.

The people who then claim lockdowns aren't required obviously don't understand that process takes time and stopping people from moving around for all of 72 hours ( Perth, oh the imposition! ) helps that process and ( like Perth ) hopefully keeps the numbers lower, less burden on the health system etc etc

To think you're being clever by not using the system is pathetic, childish, stupid but I'm not surprised by people I know of or hear of avoiding it, just adds to my views on them that were, as it seems, bang on.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:04 am

Booney wrote:They do and that's exactly what the QR system is for, to firstly track where a known positive has been ( by looking at their check ins ) and make it easier to trace the people who have been there and alert them to their risk.

The people who then claim lockdowns aren't required obviously don't understand that process takes time and stopping people from moving around for all of 72 hours ( Perth, oh the imposition! ) helps that process and ( like Perth ) hopefully keeps the numbers lower, less burden on the health system etc etc

To think you're being clever by not using the system is pathetic, childish, stupid but I'm not surprised by people I know of or hear of avoiding it, just adds to my views on them that were, as it seems, bang on.

I'm not 100% on it, I'll scan in on a department store or supermarket when I visit a shopping centre but I'm not going to do it for every shop that I enter, I actually think it would make more sense to hire a guard for each entrance to a shopping centre and make people scan in for the whole joint, they don't have them on toilet entrances and I'd presume that would be the most likely place to transmit a disease.

I'd say there would be a greater risk catching it walking through an enclosed mall opposed to perusing Harris Scarfe etc.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:07 am

In a shopping centre environment I agree, one check in at the entrance to the place should be enough, not every outlet.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:13 am

The other thing is being an arsehat to some shop assistant on $21/hour when all they're wanting you to do is scan in because that's what the boss asked them to do. Imagine being so much of a c*nt that making their life harder than it is is part of your day.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:31 am

I must admit, the QR code probably will come in handy one day if we actually do have a case of covid in the community but I often forget to do it. Mainly because I don't take my phone with me everywhere and I refuse to put my name and phone number down on paper due to my job and living in a regional community.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:45 am

Bum Crack wrote:I must admit, the QR code probably will come in handy one day if we actually do have a case of covid in the community but I often forget to do it. Mainly because I don't take my phone with me everywhere and I refuse to put my name and phone number down on paper due to my job and living in a regional community.

Put Wedgie's down.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:48 am

Booney wrote:The other thing is being an arsehat to some shop assistant on $21/hour when all they're wanting you to do is scan in because that's what the boss asked them to do. Imagine being so much of a c*nt that making their life harder than it is is part of your day.

They've copped it almost the worst out of anyone during the whole pandemic, it's disgusting but it's how shit the community has become, the high number of meth-heads would be a contributing factor, and then the government went and chucked a shitload more money at them each fortnight.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:17 am

Booney, sugar coating his posts today. Say what you mean lad!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Kahuna » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:26 am

I do the QR code at pretty much everywhere it is posted. I don't think it is much of an imposition or a significant potential invasion of privacy past what we already willingly submit to with Facebook etc. As to actually signing a register, my Mrs had some reservations so I suggested she just leave her initials and mobile number, should help if push comes to shove.

The thing that strikes me most about those who refuse to comply, and are happy to trumpet their evasion of the process, is their unshakeable belief in their insight and their unwavering conviction that their position is correct and that somehow they are above, and smarter, than the "sheep".
What qualifications do these people have other than paranoia and an apparent ability to read between the lines and see conspiracy and New World Order everywhere.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:30 am

What makes me laugh is these people, deniers, if you like, aren't exempt from catching the virus or in fact being sent into lockdown if a serious outbreak occurs because they've been questioning the validity of the whole thing all along.

I mean, if daisy lived in Victoria he'd have been under the exact same restrictions every other Victorian endured throughout 2020. If he lived in India he'd be potentially one of the 300,000 getting it daily or one of those dying in the car park of the hospital pleading for oxygen.

By not "buying into" COVID do they think they're exempt? Maybe they do, they are thick as f*ck after all.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:31 am

Brodlach wrote:Booney, sugar coating his posts today. Say what you mean lad!

I struggle dealing with stupid.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:45 am

Had the need to go into a MP's office recently, looked for the QR Code check in, nothing, asked the MP and his response "do as we say, not as we do" and laughed :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:46 am

Dutchy wrote:Had the need to go into a MP's office recently, looked for the QR Code check in, nothing, asked the MP and his response "do as we say, not as we do" and laughed :lol:

Why Dutchy? In here? Why?

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:10 pm

Booney wrote:

Yet you come on here? ;)

Booney, lifting standards since 1975
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Booney wrote:

I thought we get along fine.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:35 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

I thought we get along fine.

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion