R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

All discussions to do with the SANFL

R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby DOC » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:37 am

Eagles coming off a good win over North look to have no new injury concerns and may have Lonergan available. Port probably will have changes. Bit like saying the sun will probably come up tomorrow,

Eagles have a pretty reasonable record at Alberton (well it is in their zone) and this game looks to be a b ig challenge for them. A few ex Eagles players will be keen to do their best.

Port has big ruck strength and could once again have a midfield boasting Sutcliffe, Rockliff and Powell Pepper.

Upset brewing.

Port by 4 goals.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12513
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 376 times
Been liked: 1315 times

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:49 am

Looking forward to this one.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 52151
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5987 times
Been liked: 8921 times

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby MJP1993 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:42 pm

A very hard game for the Eagles channel 7 saying Powell Pepper may get recalled to the afl side
Will Redden come in
Will Lonergan be back
Will Port hold Stengle Williams and Cameron in the eagles forward line
MJP1993
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:04 am
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby Spargo » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:07 pm

Booney wrote:Looking forward to this one.

Must be a home game if you’re going...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 13378
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4124 times
Been liked: 4125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:23 pm

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:Looking forward to this one.

Must be a home game if you’re going...


Yep, Adelaide Oval and Alberton Oval.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 52151
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5987 times
Been liked: 8921 times

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby am Bays » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:53 pm

Too close to pick if the Eagles fans will be all sticking to this thread like sh!t to a blanket come 5:00 pm Sunday night...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16015
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 1198 times

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby MJP1993 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:55 pm

am Bays wrote:Too close to pick if the Eagles fans will be all sticking to this thread like sh!t to a blanket come 5:00 pm Sunday night...


Just for you I’ll post a comment if we lose don’t want you to feel left out lol
MJP1993
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:04 am
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby am Bays » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:58 pm

MJP1993 wrote:
am Bays wrote:Too close to pick if the Eagles fans will be all sticking to this thread like sh!t to a blanket come 5:00 pm Sunday night...


Just for you I’ll post a comment if we lose don’t want you to feel left out lol

Don't change the habit of a life time mickyj just because you've been called out as a downhill skier
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16015
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 1198 times

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby MJP1993 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:00 pm

am Bays wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
am Bays wrote:Too close to pick if the Eagles fans will be all sticking to this thread like sh!t to a blanket come 5:00 pm Sunday night...


Just for you I’ll post a comment if we lose don’t want you to feel left out lol

Don't change the habit of a life time mickyj just because you've been called out as a downhill skier


Well seeing you keep dragging me downhill I certainly will post memory issues I’ll forget what your name is and I can’t use MickyJ on this forum as it stopped letting me login in .
So call me Micky I’ve be called worse but the forum has stopped me using it :)
Am bays keep watching I’ll post just for you
You forget I admin the eagles forum so I post on there and yes it’s hard when the eagles lose
MJP1993
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:04 am
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:22 am

Wiggles by 6 goals.
gazzamagoo
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 794 times
Been liked: 292 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby Eagles Nest » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:30 am

And the Menzel brothers to play a blinder
Eagles Nest
Member
 
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:12 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby MJP1993 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:27 pm

EAGLES

Woodville-West Torrens will make at least one change to its attack ahead of its match against Port at Alberton.

With Daniel Menzel sidelined by an ankle injury, Leeton forward Cooper Sharman (20, 193cm and 83kg) will make his League debut at full forward.

The former Oakleigh Charger has been joined in the Eagles’ 25-man squad by potential debutant Luke Beecken (20, 185cm and 74kg), Mitchell Hardie and Jarrad Redden.

League

F: Firns, Sharman, Williams

HF: Stengle, Von Bertouch, Cameron

C: Toumpas, Tsitas, Pudney

HB: Seymour, Thompson, Rowland

B: Jungfer, Giuffreda, Mead



R: Hayes, Sinor, Knight

INT: Goldsworthy, Redden, Hardie, Moore, T. Menzel, Poole, Beecken

IN: Sharman, Beecken, Redden, Hardie

OUT: D. Menzel (ankle)

NEW: Luke Beecken (SMOSH West Lakes), Cooper Sharman (Leeton/Oakleigh Chargers)



Reserves
Mills, Haylock, Kerrish, Lee, R Mutch, Schmusch, Bruce, Gaffney, Morgan, Dawkins, Pearce, Michael, Neumann, Asfaha, Hoile, Buck, Litster, Kasianowicz, Jackson, Lukac, Watson, Wheare

Under-18
F: Pitman, Harnas, Carter
HF: Murphy, B. Schwartz, Pearce
C: Launer, Nicholls, Watson
HB: Thomson, Hunter-Price, Phillipou
B: Hansen, Ueding, Wollogorang

R: Phillips, Burgoyne, D’Aloia
INT: Branford, Dosljak, Dwyer, Goldie, Hawker, Menta, Mitzithra
MJP1993
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:04 am
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:41 pm

Eagles Nest wrote:And the Menzel brothers to play a blinder


If they play, I see another one is injured.
gazzamagoo
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 794 times
Been liked: 292 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby MJP1993 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:04 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
Eagles Nest wrote:And the Menzel brothers to play a blinder


If they play, I see another one is injured.


Iirc Troy Menzel was a big reason the eagles came back against north just saying
MJP1993
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:04 am
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby MJP1993 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:55 am

Could Sharman be the taller forward some eagles fans have been calling for ?
MJP1993
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:04 am
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby Eagles Nest » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:20 am

MJP1993 wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
Eagles Nest wrote:And the Menzel brothers to play a blinder


If they play, I see another one is injured.


Iirc Troy Menzel was a big reason the eagles came back against north just saying


Very true MJP - Sheedy acknowledged T Menzels efforts in the last quarter when the pressure was on.
Both on the field and south of the scoreboard ....
Eagles Nest
Member
 
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:12 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby ferret » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:37 pm

MJP1993 wrote:Could Sharman be the taller forward some eagles fans have been calling for ?


Really good to see Sharman and Beecken named in the squad. Both 20 year olds have been playing well in the reserves. Don't think Sharman is quite ready to be a KPF yet, but could be an excellent mobile third tall forward. He moves very well, is very athletic, a good kick, high leaper and two sided. Could be a future star. Luke Beecken I thought was sensational in the reserves last week. He ran and ran, must have gained a lot of meterage. Must have pleased the coach who would be looking at running half backs after last years fantastic trio left. If Sharman and Beecken make their debuts I think it will be 21 players that coach Jade Sheedy has introduced to league football via the Eagles in 22 matches. Not a bad effort!
User avatar
ferret
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 787
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:16 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby Mr Fuller » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:46 pm

ferret wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:Could Sharman be the taller forward some eagles fans have been calling for ?


Really good to see Sharman and Beecken named in the squad. Both 20 year olds have been playing well in the reserves. Don't think Sharman is quite ready to be a KPF yet, but could be an excellent mobile third tall forward. He moves very well, is very athletic, a good kick, high leaper and two sided. Could be a future star. Luke Beecken I thought was sensational in the reserves last week. He ran and ran, must have gained a lot of meterage. Must have pleased the coach who would be looking at running half backs after last years fantastic trio left. If Sharman and Beecken make their debuts I think it will be 21 players that coach Jade Sheedy has introduced to league football via the Eagles in 22 matches. Not a bad effort!


Thought Beecken was one who was unlucky not to have been given a go last year.

Had a slow start to the season this year but has been building and played a great game in the reserves last week. Only lightly built but a smooth mover with decent disposal. Looking forward to him hopefully getting a game on the weekend.

I don't know enough about Sharman other than we recruited him over summer from Victoria and he is a tall mobile forward. I seem to remember he played his best game in the reserves in R1?

Great to see Sheedy rewarding young players at the club and giving them something to work towards
Mr Fuller
Reserves
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:16 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby MJP1993 » Sun May 02, 2021 4:08 pm

I give up running the white flag up . Eagles gone in this game
AM bays say what you will I give up this week
MJP1993
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:04 am
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

Postby another grub » Sun May 02, 2021 4:09 pm

SACK FULLER
User avatar
another grub
Coach
 
Posts: 8337
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:02 am
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 117 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests