Port Adelaide 2021

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Postby MW » Sun May 09, 2021 10:21 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Has anyone else seen the hate messages that Scott Lycett has got from random Instagram accounts in reaction to his dangerous tackle on Ned McHenry? He has reposted them on his Instagram story to show what people have written to him. Whilst what Lycett did to McHenry was bad and he should be suspended for it he doesn't deserve the absolutely disgusting messages he received from those lowlifes.

F.. king ridiculous people go this low.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1846 times

Postby stan » Sun May 09, 2021 10:25 pm

MW wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Has anyone else seen the hate messages that Scott Lycett has got from random Instagram accounts in reaction to his dangerous tackle on Ned McHenry? He has reposted them on his Instagram story to show what people have written to him. Whilst what Lycett did to McHenry was bad and he should be suspended for it he doesn't deserve the absolutely disgusting messages he received from those lowlifes.

F.. king ridiculous people go this low.
Normal Instagram chop to be honest. Same with Twitter really. Anonymous Users sending hate on platforms that allow it.

Also the way the showdown gets ramped up each year just triggers this crap.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Sun May 09, 2021 10:38 pm

Spot on Stan. This year build up the worst incitement of the lot
MW
Coach

Postby JK » Mon May 10, 2021 9:56 am

Probably the most unsavoury side of the game these days, the gutless anonymous threats and digs at players.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 10, 2021 10:06 am

Wedgie wrote:I support any team to wear whatever they want at home games and also for every club to have 2 distinct alternate jumpers so there's never a clash.
It's ridiculous in this day and age that they can't and a huge commercial opportunity being missed.

That's it in a nutshell, it's a bloody joke.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon May 10, 2021 10:11 am

JK wrote:

Probably the most unsavoury side of the game these days, the gutless anonymous threats and digs at players.

I don’t do social media so I’m not up to speed with it but surely any threats made should be followed up by police just as if the threat was done via a letter or email.

How do these pricks get away with posting this crap?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2226 times
Been liked: 2520 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon May 10, 2021 10:18 am

amber_fluid wrote:
JK wrote:

I don’t do social media so I’m not up to speed with it but surely any threats made should be followed up by police just as if the threat was done via a letter or email.

How do these pricks get away with posting this crap?

I don't know if Lycett has reported it to the police or anything like that but on Instagram you can report accounts so he may of done that. People get away with it because they make fake/false temporary accounts as an avenue to abuse others.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10331 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Mon May 10, 2021 11:35 am

Not everything goes to script in the AFL as sides often buck the underdog tag and upset more fancied opponents but that never looked likely on Saturday night as Port Adelaide handed Adelaide another defeat, by 49 points. If you add in the last Showdown of 2019, the 2020 Showdown in front of 2,200 people and the two pre-season fixtures Port have beaten Adelaide by a combined 304 points in the last 5 match ups. They’re the pride?

Port took the lead early as Charlie Dixon made the most of Adelaide’s undersized defence to mark and kick truly, at the other end James Rowe responded for Adelaide and it looked like the small forward was in the game. ( I chuckled writing that ). Adelaide coach Mathew Nicks said the Crows coaching group had to hold Rowe back at the captains run so eager was he to play in a Showdown. I’m glad they did, he might have scored again if they’d let him off the leash. Dixon goaled again just before the first break and Port had just a 10 point lead at ¼ time but the ascendancy was well and truly with the Power. Can’t say I’m anything but disappointed with Lycett’s effort on McHenry early, big bloke wraps up little bloke and buries him. Not a good look, not what we want in the game and Lycett will cop his lot, I reckon he’s looking at 3, minimum.

Things remained the same during the second quarter and the slippery conditions, although there was no rain about, held the contest back as it was scrappy and difficult to move the ball with any real efficiency. Port aren’t at the top of our game and Adelaide did their best to get in our way dragging the spectacle down. Marshall and Drew goaled in the second term as Adelaide failed to register a major and the contest was effectively over at half time. The winter of Walker has dried up, Tom Clurey gave Walker nothing and not helped by his midfield bombing it in on his head the likes of Clurey, Aliir, Burton and Byrne-Jones cleaned up around Port’s back half. The rest of Adelaide’s forward group are challenged to play at the this level, their midfield makes it near impossible for them to get any better. Keays, tries his heart out, but like a puppy chasing his own tail he’s got no idea what to do with it when he gets it.

The third quarter raised the bar somewhat, Adelaide kicked three as Fogarty miraculously found himself with the ball and goaled, wouldn’t have believe it if I hadn’t seen it for myself and the very promising Thilthorpe kicked 2 and Adelaide had their best run of holding some territory, nonetheless Port kicked 5 majors in response, Marshall kicked 2 goals either side of Mitch Georgiades kicking 2 in 4 minutes and when Kane Farrell converted from a tight angle any good work Adelaide had done was countered, and some, by the Alberton Crowd. I’m a big wrap for Farrell, after three good weeks in the SANFL he had 19 touches, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 3 clearances and a goal, might just be the first step in him coming of age.

The last term was fairly dull to be blunt, the beers were still $10.50 and the crowd was subdued given the result was established early and most people were ready to enjoy the post match celebrations before Sloane, Fantasia, Rozee and Motlop bagged majors to end the night with Port outscoring the #pride in all four quarters on our way to a 12.15 to 5.8 win. I don’t care if they’re in a rebuild, it’s their own fault after all, there’s no sympathy from this bloke and there’s nothing better than keeping the foot on the throat of the arch enemy. The club rounded out the night with the players changing into the prison bars to sing the song and get some celebratory pictures with the Variety Shield. I loved it. Most Port fans did and that’s who it was for, for the people who love this club and as they say, winners are grinners and losers can please themselves. Insert grin here.

Boon’s best – Boak, Clurey, Lycett, Amon, Farrell

Changes – With Lycett set for a stint on the sidelines it will be interesting to see if they go for the more experienced Ladhams or in form and yet to debut Hayes. My gut feel is form will be rewarded and Hayes will get his first crack at the big time against the Dogs on Saturday night. Houston again copped a stinger to the shoulder and with Bonner waiting in the wings, literally, I expect Houston will miss this one.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby am Bays » Mon May 10, 2021 11:52 am

Last edited by am Bays on Mon May 10, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Trader » Mon May 10, 2021 11:53 am

We won, convincingly, and that's good, but geez I found our first half disappointing.

The lack of care for the footy we showed, especially in the forward half was alarming.
I get quick ball movement to create space is important, but my god, I recon we just handballed the ball out into space with no-one there at least half a dozen times. Quick tap ons, over the head flicks, etc. We gave the ball up time and time again.

Dixon and Georgie were way too big for the crom defenders. I'd have liked to see us show a bit more patience and then kick it to these talls, rather than flick it around and hope the mosquito fleet would get there.

Anyway, 4 points and all that, onto the next one.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 10, 2021 11:56 am

Trader wrote:Dixon and Georgie were way too big for the crom defenders. I'd have liked to see us show a bit more patience and then kick it to these talls, rather than flick it around and hope the mosquito fleet would get there.

This. Felt they could have both had a night out with Butts and Kelly undersized on them. Probably wasn't the night for precision ball use so the scramble was sort of the go.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon May 10, 2021 12:24 pm

Why do Port people always say "We are Port Adelaide, always have been always will be". When has a football club ever changed their name?
MW
Coach

Postby mickey » Mon May 10, 2021 12:28 pm

MW wrote:Why do Port people always say "We are Port Adelaide, always have been always will be". When has a football club ever changed their name?
Western Bulldogs say hello

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Trader » Mon May 10, 2021 12:59 pm

North Melbourne also became just the kangaroos for a short period as well.

I think the club does it as a kind of response to the whole one club thing, are you the power or the maggies, etc.
The club's position is we have always been PAFC.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 10, 2021 1:03 pm

You've also got the Sydney Swans, the new club up in Sydney.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon May 10, 2021 1:50 pm

hello gents, i thought i would log in for the first time in a long time to see if i could steal a couple tickets to the game this Saturday night?

is anyone not going that would be willing to let me use their tickets?
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Booney » Tue May 11, 2021 5:03 pm

PORT ADELAIDE midfielder Tom Rockliff has been hospitalised with deep vein thrombosis.

The 31-year-old, who is currently recovering from an MCL sprain in one knee and a procedure on the other after tearing the medial meniscus, was immediately sent for an ultrasound after presenting at the club on Monday and reporting the acute onset of calf pain.

The ultrasound confirmed the deep vein thrombosis and his condition will be monitored in hospital in the short term.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue May 11, 2021 5:05 pm

ZAK BUTTERS Injury update: I started some running early last week and as I was, I noticed some weakness higher up on the same leg. I’ve had some scans and it’s been unfortunate. From the same incident I’ve got some nerve damage in my leg.

Could be up to 10 weeks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue May 11, 2021 7:08 pm

Lycett gets 4 weeks as Dave from Alberton predicted on his radio show this morning with co-hosts, Dave and Will
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11841 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Armchair expert » Tue May 11, 2021 7:15 pm

About right I think
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 1435 times