Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Wedgie » Sun May 09, 2021 1:29 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Swapping guernseys and singing the song, that sure showed‘em [emoji38]
Which song did they sing?
I believe it was the Power song...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Good, their reserves and Sydney should stop butchering the Notre Dame Victory March!
Go the fighting Irish! 8)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Mon May 10, 2021 8:23 am

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:Port boys donning the PBs for the song and firing up all the intellectual giants. :lol:

In all seriousness though surely your club hasn’t helped it’s cause to wear the prison bars ever again.

Essentially gone from having the AFL act as a somewhat mediator between you and Collingwood to now having the AFL as an adversity.

Not sure having the AFL off side is in the best long term interests of the club.

Collingwood don't own trade marks. F*ck Collingwood.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby whufc » Mon May 10, 2021 9:14 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:Port boys donning the PBs for the song and firing up all the intellectual giants. :lol:

In all seriousness though surely your club hasn’t helped it’s cause to wear the prison bars ever again.

Essentially gone from having the AFL act as a somewhat mediator between you and Collingwood to now having the AFL as an adversity.

Not sure having the AFL off side is in the best long term interests of the club.

No but the AFL own the IP yeah????

agree F*ck Collingwood but do you honestly think this was the best way to get your ultimate goal which is to at least wear the prison bars in a game once a year?

I believe Ports' act was just as much a F*ck the AFL as it was F**k Collingwood.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:50 am

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:Port boys donning the PBs for the song and firing up all the intellectual giants. [emoji38]

No but the AFL own the IP yeah????

agree F*ck Collingwood but do you honestly think this was the best way to get your ultimate goal which is to at least wear the prison bars in a game once a year?

I believe Ports' act was just as much a F*ck the AFL as it was F**k Collingwood.
Exactly, AFL own ALL the IP of all the teams, lock stock.
Port signed up to these rules....

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 10, 2021 10:01 am

I thought it was foolish and stirring a pot that didn't need to be stirred.

With our inability to flex our muscles against the better sides I'd sooner us focus on our on field performances for the time being.

We bashed up a young crows outfit in front of our home crowd, whoop de do, we got hurt too along the way and Lycett will be watching on while Ladhams will have to take on the best ruck duo in the comp.

On the same token, I can't see why we couldn't wear the PB's for the showdown, we were told "no" though so just move on and wear what you wear most weeks.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Spargo » Mon May 10, 2021 10:18 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

With our inability to flex our muscles against the better sides I'd sooner us focus on our on field performances for the time being.

We bashed up a young crows outfit in front of our home crowd, whoop de do, we got hurt too along the way and Lycett will be watching on while Ladhams will have to take on the best ruck duo in the comp.

On the same token, I can't see why we couldn't wear the PB's for the showdown, we were told "no" though so just move on and wear what you wear most weeks.

Far, far too sensible & level headed.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 10, 2021 10:21 am

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I've growed up.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon May 10, 2021 10:29 am

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I think he’s been hacked!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 10, 2021 10:32 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Spargo wrote:Far, far too sensible & level headed.

Only my rude bits.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon May 10, 2021 10:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Agree, and I have to wonder if Lycett might have got away with a high impact rather than severe if we didn't poke the AFL bear.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 10, 2021 10:51 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Spargo wrote:Far, far too sensible & level headed.

Only my rude bits.

He said hacked not jacked
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby RB » Mon May 10, 2021 11:19 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
whufc wrote:No but the AFL own the IP yeah????

I don't think this is an IP issue at all.

A search on IP Australia's Designs Register returns matches for normal AFL guernseys - registered to the AFL where still current - but I couldn't find the prison bar jumper on there.

In my view, the prison bar is not substantially similar to the Collingwood guernsey.

We hear a lot that Port 'signed up' to various rules back in the 90s. Exactly what they signed up to and what any contract with the AFL prevents them from doing remains unclear to the general public.

Nevertheless, I think Kochie's actually correct when he says that all the Power need in order to wear the prison bar during games is the AFL's approval - and that the only sanction for doing so without approval would be loss of competition points etc. - I just can't see any IP or other legal issues for Port here.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 10, 2021 11:38 am

I rate waking up to a tekscrew in my front left tyre on a Monday morning.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 10, 2021 11:39 am

Booney wrote:I rate waking up to a tekscrew in my front left tyre on a Monday morning.

Makes it lovely sound as you're driving along.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 10, 2021 11:45 am

Booney wrote:I rate waking up to a tekscrew in my front left tyre on a Monday morning.

Port won, you’re welcome ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Spargo » Mon May 10, 2021 12:03 pm

Eddie’s power reaches far & wide...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Mon May 10, 2021 12:04 pm

Couple of nights in the Marion Bay Eco Pod this weekend for Mrs Boon's birthday.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon May 10, 2021 12:13 pm

RB wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
whufc wrote:No but the AFL own the IP yeah????

I don't think this is an IP issue at all.

A search on IP Australia's Designs Register returns matches for normal AFL guernseys - registered to the AFL where still current - but I couldn't find the prison bar jumper on there.

In my view, the prison bar is not substantially similar to the Collingwood guernsey.

We hear a lot that Port 'signed up' to various rules back in the 90s. Exactly what they signed up to and what any contract with the AFL prevents them from doing remains unclear to the general public.

Nevertheless, I think Kochie's actually correct when he says that all the Power need in order to wear the prison bar during games is the AFL's approval - and that the only sanction for doing so without approval would be loss of competition points etc. - I just can't see any IP or other legal issues for Port here.

His right the AFL own all IP rights, if they say its ok its 100% ok. Collingwood don't own shite just like Port don't.

The IP issue is that the AFL are saying its not ok and Port are pushing the boundary including selling versions of a guernsey they don't have permission to.
whufc
Coach

Postby RB » Mon May 10, 2021 1:07 pm

whufc wrote:The IP issue is that the AFL are saying its not ok and Port are pushing the boundary including selling versions of a guernsey they don't have permission to.

AFL permission being needed to use or sell the guernsey without breaching the AFL's IP rights would require a) IP rights existing in relation to the PBs and b) the AFL holding those rights. I'm particularly skeptical re the former. As I said though, everyone seems to be very vague about what Port actually signed up to.

I think the main problem for Port is having competition points docked (something they would understandably be keen to avoid).
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby whufc » Mon May 10, 2021 2:34 pm

RB wrote:
whufc wrote:The IP issue is that the AFL are saying its not ok and Port are pushing the boundary including selling versions of a guernsey they don't have permission to.

AFL permission being needed to use or sell the guernsey without breaching the AFL's IP rights would require a) IP rights existing in relation to the PBs and b) the AFL holding those rights. I'm particularly skeptical re the former. As I said though, everyone seems to be very vague about what Port actually signed up to.

I think the main problem for Port is having competition points docked (something they would understandably be keen to avoid).

My very uneducated understanding from the media bits I've read this week is there is no IP in relation to the prison bars directly but more an overriding IP ownership that requires permission for any logo, nickname, colours, designs to be used and signed off by the AFL.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion