LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 11, 2021 3:48 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
Booney wrote:You might have seen Rik E Boy too.

mebbe, what's he look like

REB.JPG
REB.JPG (22.44 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby DOC » Tue May 11, 2021 4:06 pm

Booney wrote:MONSFAW

It's been replaced at the urging of the club welfare officer to

We Are Norwood Keep Every Redleg Safe.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Magellan » Wed May 12, 2021 7:09 am

Pseudo wrote:
am Bays wrote:Been meaning to post this and it could go in the restaurants thread

What I dont understand is how can you go to a pub on a Sunday lunchtime and on a Wednesday evening at 6:00 pm, order a Chicken Schnitzel and get told, "Sorry we've run out...."

In the words of MT79, Dollys Bar Leanyer Darwin, BANNED!!!

I've been to a particular chicken shop at around 7 PM of a weeknight evening to be told "sorry, we've run out of chickens". This has happened more than once.

What sort of chicken shop runs out of chickens?

Sounds like the Monty Python cheese shop sketch.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby stampy » Sun May 16, 2021 3:36 pm

effheads wearing masks while driving...........WHY???
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun May 16, 2021 3:52 pm

stampy wrote:effheads wearing masks while driving...........WHY???
Driving past a medi-hotel??

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 17, 2021 2:40 pm

I realize that I have absolutely no knowledge of the debate and would be curious to find out the following:

I was driving through Pine Point and noticed several painted signs saying "No mining, save our towns".

As an outsider, this town couldn't look any more desolate, it had a pub that looked as though it has been closed for some time, I didn't even notice a general store, I covered a fair few towns on the weekend there were some pretty much ghost towns amongst them, even Arthurton was no thriving metropolis yet it had some get up and go when I was a kid IIRC.

Wouldn't mining boost these smaller towns up and get people moving back in and shops opening once again? I know it's been talked about for a long time about the prospect of mining through the middle of the YP as it is so rich in copper.

Is the problem that they'd have to acquire the land from the farmers to do so?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon May 17, 2021 5:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I realize that I have absolutely no knowledge of the debate and would be curious to find out the following:

I was driving through Pine Point and noticed several painted signs saying "No mining, save our towns".

As an outsider, this town couldn't look any more desolate, it had a pub that looked as though it has been closed for some time, I didn't even notice a general store, I covered a fair few towns on the weekend there were some pretty much ghost towns amongst them, even Arthurton was no thriving metropolis yet it had some get up and go when I was a kid IIRC.

Wouldn't mining boost these smaller towns up and get people moving back in and shops opening once again? I know it's been talked about for a long time about the prospect of mining through the middle of the YP as it is so rich in copper.

I’m no expert but getting a license to mine is complicated and very expensive.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 17, 2021 6:13 pm

DOC wrote:
Booney wrote:MONSFAW

It's been replaced at the urging of the club welfare officer to

We Are Norwood Keep Every Redleg Safe.

:lol: Oh dear, 6 days for that penny to drop. That's some sort of new record, even for me :oops:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon May 17, 2021 6:28 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I realize that I have absolutely no knowledge of the debate and would be curious to find out the following:

Stand to be corrected, but I've heard the farmer only has "rights" to a certain depth of topsoil, far less that the depth plants draw moisture from. DIrty Dog?
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Dirty dog » Tue May 18, 2021 7:57 am

FlyingHigh wrote:

Stand to be corrected, but I've heard the farmer only has "rights" to a certain depth of topsoil, far less that the depth plants draw moisture from. DIrty Dog?

Can’t stop them really. We are about 15km south of Paskeville and about 5 years ago we had the plane start flying over. Then a year later the drilling rigs rolled in and started drilling in the local area upsetting lots of people. Meetings, petitions, protest at Parliament House and some farmers have gone to court over it trying to stop them from just coming onto their properties. Even if they never mine anything, just having the drilling rigs and all the support crews damage paddocks and crops for ever. I’m not against mining but certainly am on valuable farming land that’s been in the same family’s for well over 100 plus years.
Stop mining on farming land!
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 18, 2021 9:31 am

Dirty dog wrote:Can’t stop them really. We are about 15km south of Paskeville and about 5 years ago we had the plane start flying over. Then a year later the drilling rigs rolled in and started drilling in the local area upsetting lots of people. Meetings, petitions, protest at Parliament House and some farmers have gone to court over it trying to stop them from just coming onto their properties. Even if they never mine anything, just having the drilling rigs and all the support crews damage paddocks and crops for ever. I’m not against mining but certainly am on valuable farming land that’s been in the same family’s for well over 100 plus years.
Stop mining on farming land!

Thanks mate, I should've just asked you initially, that makes a lot of sense and I totally agree with you.

Very Castle-like by the sounds of it, it should be done in a respectful manner through the land owner.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby stampy » Tue May 18, 2021 11:22 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
stampy wrote:effheads wearing masks while driving...........WHY???
Driving past a medi-hotel??

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

unless there is one on dyson road, then no
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Booney » Fri May 28, 2021 3:05 pm

6'10" bloke puts round ball in round hoop and the other 6'10" blokes on the bench skip around like it's the first time it's ever happened.

I don't get it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 28, 2021 3:17 pm

Booney wrote:6'10" bloke puts round ball in round hoop and the other 6'10" blokes on the bench skip around like it's the first time it's ever happened.

I don't get it.
You really do hate any sport that isn’t football or cricket don’t you ;)
I must admit the NBA is probably my least favourite of the US “Big 4” though. We have guys at work that take sickies for playoff games
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Fri May 28, 2021 3:50 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:6'10" bloke puts round ball in round hoop and the other 6'10" blokes on the bench skip around like it's the first time it's ever happened.

I don't get it.
I must admit the NBA is probably my least favourite of the US “Big 4” though. We have guys at work that take sickies for playoff games

I watch Penrith most weeks, as much of the White Sox as I can and I've quite enjoyed the NBL I've watched this year, far better spectacle than the up and down parade the NBA is.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 28, 2021 3:56 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

I don't get it.

I watch Penrith most weeks, as much of the White Sox as I can and I've quite enjoyed the NBL I've watched this year, far better spectacle than the up and down parade the NBA is.
I don’t mind the NBA in patches but definitely not one who watches religiously. Helps that the Knicks suck most years so my interest isn’t great :)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 28, 2021 4:15 pm

Jim05 wrote:I don’t mind the NBA in patches but definitely not one who watches religiously. Helps that the Knicks suck most years so my interest isn’t great :)

I just can never find a spare 45 minutes to watch the last 3 mins of the 4th period.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon May 31, 2021 12:25 pm

I don't get it.

Come on, this stuff has hit all sports.

I mean geez we have blokes becoming 'cult' heroes because they kick a goal from 25m out directly in front and can then pretend to shoot a make believe bow and arrow in the air, despite it being the first quarter of game.

It's all about the 'show' and the 'hype' in all sports now.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon May 31, 2021 12:37 pm

whufc wrote:

I don't get it.

Come on, this stuff has hit all sports.

I mean geez we have blokes becoming 'cult' heroes because they kick a goal from 25m out directly in front and can then pretend to shoot a make believe bow and arrow in the air, despite it being the first quarter of game.

It's all about the 'show' and the 'hype' in all sports now.

Sit the f*ck down.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion