Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby whufc » Tue May 11, 2021 5:28 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:"supporters" who don't have anything positive to say about their "team" when the chips are down.
I don't get it.

This is really upsetting you gazza….. :D

BTW I think im more of a follower these days rather than supporter as I don't make it to many if any games due to distance and own footy/sport. Unless watching on digital pass and cheering counts as a supporter. :lol:

of course it does!
You're supporting, are you a member too?

For the first time in 22 years I’m not a member. Getting a mortgage and losing work last year from covid meant this year we have had to cut on luxury items for the ‘in case’ factor. Yeah I know it makes me a shit fan but family first this year.

Will be back on board next year.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Psyber » Wed May 12, 2021 1:34 pm

A report on ABC radio this morning of Deer on the SE Freeway near Mt Barker.

What makes me sad is that so many people got into Deer breeding when they though the Venison market was going to grow and make them money back in the 1980s and 1990s and spent huge money on fences, then finished up turning them loose when they could no longer sustain the losses. I had moved into Alpaca back then when I had a 20 acre property near Hahndorf, but I didn't get in deep because I didn't expect them to make big money - they were just to help maintain the tax deductibility of the property expenses...

I'm also sad for the Deer turned out, and for the country their hard hooves damage.

I remember Deer roaming the Dandenong Ranges in the 2000s too. I had a 4 acre property in the Olinda area then and the loose Deer often wandered in - which mildly excited my Irish Wolfhound. (They don't get very excited about anything.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed May 12, 2021 1:43 pm

Psyber wrote:A report on ABC radio this morning of Deer on the SE Freeway near Mt Barker.

What makes me sad is that so many people got into Deer breeding when they though the Venison market was going to grow and make them money back in the 1980s and 1990s and spent huge money on fences, then finished up turning them loose when they could no longer sustain the losses. I had moved into Alpaca back then when I had a 20 acre property near Hahndorf, but I didn't get in deep because I didn't expect them to make big money - they were just to help maintain the tax deductibility of the property expenses...

I'm also sad for the Deer turned out, and for the country their hard hooves damage.

I remember Deer roaming the Dandenong Ranges in the 2000s too. I had a 4 acre property in the Olinda area then and the loose Deer often wandered in - which mildly excited my Irish Wolfhound. (They don't get very excited about anything.)

Can you give me a more accurate location of the Deer,
I have some very hungry old greek mates with big weapons * who would like to know more,
thanks
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Wed May 12, 2021 2:52 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
Psyber wrote:A report on ABC radio this morning of Deer on the SE Freeway near Mt Barker.

Can you give me a more accurate location of the Deer,
I have some very hungry old greek mates with big weapons * who would like to know more,
thanks

Deer is rampant through the mid north region

See just as many deers as Roos on the road
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed May 12, 2021 2:55 pm

I couldn't believe the amount of goats I saw out near Kapunda on the road to Morgan back in late February, literally hundreds of them.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Wed May 12, 2021 2:57 pm

Booney wrote:I couldn't believe the amount of goats I saw out near Kapunda on the road to Morgan back in late February, literally hundreds of them.

Yeah some big money getting made off the goats at present.

On a daily basis there is helicopters flying around, talk of crews making up to $20k on the bastards. Cant see ive seen many on the roads around here at present though lol.
whufc
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu May 13, 2021 9:20 am

Booney wrote:I couldn't believe the amount of goats I saw out near Kapunda on the road to Morgan back in late February, literally hundreds of them.

yum, goat ragout ;)
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Psyber » Thu May 13, 2021 5:57 pm

Goat, Emu, Croc are all good eating - not so fond of 'Roo.
In South Africa I acquired a taste for Kudu Poike, but Elephant jerky I didn't really take to.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri May 14, 2021 9:08 am

Psyber wrote:Goat, Emu, Croc are all good eating - not so fond of 'Roo.
In South Africa I acquired a taste for Kudu Poike, but Elephant jerky I didn't really take to.

what sort of jerky * do you prefer.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri May 14, 2021 9:18 am

whufc wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:"supporters" who don't have anything positive to say about their "team" when the chips are down.
I don't get it.

This is really upsetting you gazza….. :D

BTW I think im more of a follower these days rather than supporter as I don't make it to many if any games due to distance and own footy/sport. Unless watching on digital pass and cheering counts as a supporter. :lol:

of course it does!
You're supporting, are you a member too?

For the first time in 22 years I’m not a member. Getting a mortgage and losing work last year from covid meant this year we have had to cut on luxury items for the ‘in case’ factor. Yeah I know it makes me a shit fan but family first this year.

Will be back on board next year.

Definitely not having a dig at you, but this is just another problem we face, times out north have been very tough & we don't have many members at the moment, combine this with poor on-field performances & difficulty in getting recruits & it makes for tough times.
But We are a club & We will go on.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun May 30, 2021 7:48 pm

The death of Bernie Scanlan yesterday afternoon, hit by a vehicle up near Redhill.
I've never met a more caring, genuine bloke than this bloke, he wanted nothing, lived wherever he could, in cars, on steps, but he gave his all to raise money for the under-priviledged, especially "his" Ugandan orphanage.
Huge Westies & Crows supporter, always smiling.
He was a modern day messiah.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:19 am

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:25 am

Yep.

Respected by all. Has given more back than he got and considering his list of achievements that says something.

People like him make football clubs.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby am Bays » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:41 am

Booney wrote:https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/952551/russell-ebert-thanks-port-adelaide-community-for-overwhelming-support-in-first-interview-since-cancer-diagnosis

Feels like a goodbye. :(

I almost want to post this in the “things I rate” thread

Rate because:
1 respect for one of the greatest footballers I’ve seen
2. The great mans attitude towards his condition
3. His love for his family, football club and community.

But yeah I get where Booney’s coming from :(
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:04 pm

He’s such a humble man who has given so much joy to many people.
His community and charity work speaks volumes of the man.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:49 am

Watching the Russell Ebert clip yesterday. Poor bugger doesn't look too good and I get the feeling it was a way of him saying thanks to everyone before he goes. Such a **** of a disease.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Magellan » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:16 am

Agree with all the above sentiments, it's very sad. If this is a farewell, then the only thing I can add is to say 'thank you.'
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:22 pm

Sitting home with youngest daughter due to her being sick. Antibiotics are in use but feel helpless.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:23 am

Really lacking motivation at work. The ho hum day after day grind after 14 years in the same gig is getting to me. I know we all have days we don't want to go into work but at the moment it's almost daily that I get half way here and think about turning around.

New owners haven't inspired me to put in the hard yards for them, if anything, as many of us suspected, we've gone from being known by name by the owners to being known by a number by HR. Reports, corporate wank, all getting in the way of what I actually should be doing, staff cuts, classic corporate take over stuff. Hating it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:31 am

Booney wrote:Really lacking motivation at work. The ho hum day after day grind after 14 years in the same gig is getting to me. I know we all have days we don't want to go into work but at the moment it's almost daily that I get half way here and think about turning around.

New owners haven't inspired me to put in the hard yards for them, if anything, as many of us suspected, we've gone from being known by name by the owners to being known by a number by HR. Reports, corporate wank, all getting in the way of what I actually should be doing, staff cuts, classic corporate take over stuff. Hating it.

know the feeling well mate.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion