Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:11 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:@Corona Man and @Magellan, those exposure sites near you over there?

Close-ish.... but far enough away. Vics are a bit slack at using the covid check in app. I expect that will come into sharper focus now.
Plus I found the QR setup a bit of a shambles. Some places use the Service Vic app and others use their own. Most places even said don’t bother when entering.

Last time I was in Melbourne the QR system was an absolute joke but, at least, it was a "gold standard" joke.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 12, 2021 4:57 pm

Undercover cops to police compliance with people checking in at businesses between May 13 - 21 in addition to current measures.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2009 times
Been liked: 3846 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby locky801 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:59 pm

Wedgie wrote:Undercover cops to police compliance with people checking in at businesses between May 13 - 21 in addition to current measures.

Launching Operation Trace today, Commissioner of Police and State Coordinator Grant Stevens reminds members of the public of their obligation to scan COVID-19 QR codes when entering businesses as failure to do so may have an adverse impact on our ability to respond to an outbreak.
“SA Police have taken an educational approach to QR codes, however, we expect that by now members of our community would be well versed on their requirements to check-in”.
“We are seeing a level of complacency regarding COVID-19 check-ins and the now is not the time to stop using QR codes. As we start to see more large scale community events and with an increase in interstate and New Zealand travel we need to remember the risk that COVID-19 poses to our community.
“South Australia has done very well so far and although there is no current community transmission of COVID-19 in our state we still need to be vigilant with positive cases in our medi-hotel system,” said Commissioner Stevens.
If a person in South Australia tests positive to COVID-19, the COVID SAfe Check-In will enable SA Health to quickly identify and contact others who visited the same place at the same time and may have been exposed to the virus. The information is only used for official contact tracing purposes in reducing the spread of COVID-19.
Operation Trace will include the use of plain clothes police officers to ensure that people are checking in and providing their contact details when they enter a business or attend a public activity.
“We will also be ensuring businesses are doing the right thing by having QR codes displayed, providing a secure hard copy check-in option and ensuring as far as possible that customers and patrons are checking in. We have been tolerant but people need to start using the system if we are to continue seeing an increase in public activities across the state.
“You may not know whether our officers are observing you walk into a business and so I would encourage each and every member of the public to do the right thing and check in where you are required to,” Commissioner Stevens said.
There are up to 1 million QR code check-ins daily. More than 59,800 businesses have an active QR code and more than 1.6 million individuals have used check in system. Information about how to get a QR code is available at http://covid-19.sa.gov.au/restriction.. ... e-check-in
Commissioner Stevens said, “It is important to remind the community and business owners that they are required to actively use the QR codes on every occasion.”
Full details and requirements in relation to using the COVID SAfe Check-In system are located within the Emergency Management (Public Activities No 24) (COVID-19) Direction 2021.
If you require further information you can call the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787 between the hours of 9am to 5pm 7 days per week or go to the SA Health website at www.sahealth.sa.gov.au or www.sa.gov.au/covid-19
if we dont believe in tomorrow where do we go
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3615 times
Been liked: 1155 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:32 pm

Attachments
Unbelievable.PNG
Unbelievable.PNG (52.08 KiB) Viewed 1142 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 12, 2021 7:34 pm

Kahuna wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Had the COVID Pfizer vaccine today. Didn't even know they had given it to me until they told me it was all done and I'm still alive

I had the AZ vaccine on Sunday. Very mild headache on Monday and arm is still a little sore today. The benefits in my opinion far out weigh the very slight inconvenience.

What exactly do you think the benefits are?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2414 times
Been liked: 1655 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 12, 2021 9:02 pm

Ok Ive been doing the QR code when Im going into a significant building and am going to be there longer than a few minutes, but what do you do at say the servo when you are going to be in there less than a minute?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2306 times
Been liked: 3479 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:06 pm

Dutchy wrote:Ok Ive been doing the QR code when Im going into a significant building and am going to be there longer than a few minutes, but what do you do at say the servo when you are going to be in there less than a minute?
Meant to check in at every premises you visit, regardless of time. I often forget at places like servos
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3533 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Kahuna » Wed May 12, 2021 11:09 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Kahuna wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Had the COVID Pfizer vaccine today. Didn't even know they had given it to me until they told me it was all done and I'm still alive

I had the AZ vaccine on Sunday. Very mild headache on Monday and arm is still a little sore today. The benefits in my opinion far out weigh the very slight inconvenience.

Much the same as with any vaccination.
Baa.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 13, 2021 8:41 am

Wedgie wrote:Undercover cops to police compliance with people checking in at businesses between May 13 - 21 in addition to current measures.

I remember when it was recommended to check in, but not mandatory.. at what point did it change? :(
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3976 times

Postby Magellan » Thu May 13, 2021 8:42 am

Booney wrote:@Corona Man and @Magellan, those exposure sites near you over there?

Thankfully no, Booney - we're in the inner north, so plenty far away from places like Altona North and Epping (somewhat closer to the Curry Vault in the city, but then again we've got decent Indian around the corner ;) ). CM and Jim05 are spot on re: check-ins and the multiple QR apps, certainly not as effective as the SA check-in system.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu May 13, 2021 8:42 am

The Bedge wrote:

I remember when it was recommended to check in, but not mandatory.. at what point did it change? :(

Surely the coppers have something better to do!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2214 times
Been liked: 2505 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu May 13, 2021 9:11 am

The Bedge wrote:

Not long after our last lockdown in November in early December, it was part of the reason things could re-open.
It was extensively advertised and reported at the time.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:21 am

Playford Hotel leak puts travellers back in quarantine
Returned travellers who quarantined at Adelaide’s Playford Hotel where COVID-19 leaked have been ordered into another two weeks of isolation, as Victorian health officials scramble to track down hundreds of footy fans who travelled to and from a game at the MCG on Friday.

Genomic sequencing testing has confirmed a Melbourne man became infected while staying at the Playford medi-hotel on North Terrace.

He tested positive on Tuesday after returning from India via the Maldives and Singapore on April 19 and completing 14 days of hotel quarantine.

The man, from Wollert in Melbourne’s outer north, was staying in a room next to another person who tested positive for the virus before being moved to Tom’s Court – Adelaide’s dedicated medi-hotel for COVID-positive travellers.

In a statement late on Wednesday, Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier confirmed the two cases were genomically linked.

“Investigations into the precise cause of transmission are ongoing,” she said.

Prof Spurrier said discharged returned travellers on level three of the Playford Hotel during the “period of concern” must now isolate for a further two weeks.

The group includes 10 South Australians who will be given the option to quarantine at home if deemed suitable.

Spurrier stressed most medi-hotel staff working at the time of the suspected leak had undergone daily testing, although five still need to be followed up.

Earlier in the day, Police Commissioner Grant Stevens barred travellers from entering the state if they had visited any of Victoria’s high-risk exposure sites, with few exceptions.

The sites are listed on the Victorian Department of Health website and include businesses in the suburbs of Altona North, Craigieburn, Docklands, Epping and Melbourne.

Stevens also announced on Wednesday that plainclothes police officers will now be monitoring whether individuals and businesses are properly using the QR code check in system.

It comes as Victorian health colleagues scramble to track down hundreds of fans who went to last Friday’s AFL match on the same train as the infected Wollert man.

There are fears hordes may have been exposed to the virus on the Craigieburn line train while travelling to or from the Geelong-Richmond match at the MCG on Friday night.

The AFL has sent text message alerts to all 54,857 spectators.

Victoria’s Health Minister Martin Foley warned people will soon face tough penalties if they fail to check in with QR codes at venues, after some patrons at a new exposure site failed to use the system.

The Wollert man dined at the CBD restaurant Curry Vault on Friday, but others failed to use the QR system, which is to become mandatory for venues later this month.

No other new cases were recorded in Victoria on Wednesday from more than 21,000 tests, while SA recorded one new case from a returned traveller in hotel quarantine.

Victoria are leading Australia by making the QR system mandatory later this month

Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Thu May 13, 2021 2:49 pm

Wedgie wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Not long after our last lockdown in November in early December, it was part of the reason things could re-open.

So does that mean people not checking in at your work not only get a fine from the cops, but they personally get sued by you as well? :lol:
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby am Bays » Thu May 13, 2021 3:05 pm

2nd Vax done!

Woo Hoo! I’m 6’4” and bullet proof!

No more lockdowns for me I can do what the F*** I want, when the F*** I want to do it!

T20 World Cup, here I come!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu May 13, 2021 4:56 pm

I was about to book a business trip to Melbourne
It's like a game of russian roulette.
Will I get locked down or have to ISO again?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu May 13, 2021 5:05 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:I was about to book a business trip to Melbourne
It's like a game of russian roulette.
Will I get locked down or have to ISO again?

Will I get locked down, or have to isolate again....

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu May 13, 2021 7:03 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

So does that mean people not checking in at your work not only get a fine from the cops, but they personally get sued by you as well? :lol:

Think you got your story mixed up, I'm the one threatened with getting sued by Daisy.
Still waiting for the visit/lawsuit.
Got a feeling I'll be waiting a while. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby daysofourlives » Thu May 13, 2021 10:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:

It hasnt changed mate.
It is not law. Dont know how many times i have to say this. The only legal requirement is for the business to have on display a QR code and available for the scared people to feel good about themselves and sign in.
They can hand out all the fines they like, dont pay them, take it to court, it wont even make it to court before they drop the fine.
It is just more scare tactics to get you to comply. QR codes are the tip of the iceberg.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu May 13, 2021 10:49 pm

Kahuna wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Kahuna wrote:

Much the same as with any vaccination.
Baa.

I see youve done your research on what the benefits are
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskt ... n7f8vFFXpg
daysofourlives
Coach

PreviousNext