Port Adelaide 2021

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Postby MW » Mon May 17, 2021 9:30 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:the f.wit literally asked for it and got it.

You, of all people on here, would be the last one I'd have thought be ok with this.

Asking for it, got it, all good.

Who said I was ok with it? he literally asked for it and got it. I didnt say I condoned it, read my posts ffs.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1849 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 17, 2021 9:47 pm

Just saw the vision, bloody shocked there are probably 20 people around and did nothing to either stop or help the victim. The younger generation dont seem to want to get involved these days.

My brother got King Hit in Canberra 20 years ago, it wasn't the hit, it was the back of his head hitting the gutter that did all the damage, he was lying in ICU in a coma for 2 weeks with tubes coming out of his head, something Ill never forget, while he has recovered he still has to take medication every day to stop seizures.

Never any excuse to get violent.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3501 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 17, 2021 9:58 pm

Dutchy wrote:Just saw the vision, bloody shocked there are probably 20 people around and did nothing to either stop or help the victim. The younger generation dont seem to want to get involved these days..

Coz everyone is so quick to whip their phones out and share on social media.. and people get judged and crucified by the swarms of experts on social media.

No good can come from getting involved.

Also the dude might’ve generally deserved it hence the lack of reaction :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 17, 2021 10:08 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Just saw the vision, bloody shocked there are probably 20 people around and did nothing to either stop or help the victim. The younger generation dont seem to want to get involved these days..

Coz everyone is so quick to whip their phones out and share on social media.. and people get judged and crucified by the swarms of experts on social media.

Yeah i reckon you might be right with the last sentence there. But is someone had pulled them apart after the first flurry of hits he wouldn't have ended up falling down the seats (which would have hurt more than the punches I reckon)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 18, 2021 9:06 am

The Bedge wrote:

Right x3, look at the dude at Salisbury North a few weeks ago? More often that not someone that intervenes ends up copping it the worst, as sad as it is, at least when they whip their phones out the truth is there for all to see.

And yes, from the extended vision I seen last night the dude and his mate where being pissed dickheads, someone should've alerted security earlier to evict them, they were taunting some young Bulldog supporters up close and personal, the puncher was a neutral who had warned the the victim to ease up on them to which pissed Port man took no notice.

Yes, it was over the top, one clout should be more than enough, especially if there is no retaliation, hitting someone while you are above them on steps is very dangerous if they have nothing to fall against, Punchy is very lucky.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue May 18, 2021 11:09 am

Now I don't want to sound alarmist but I'm a little worried things might get ugly on Sunday.
I hope ALL supporters behave, but I am not confident this will be the case.
Extra security will be needed but hopefully not required.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Booney » Wed May 19, 2021 11:02 am

Is this it, has the bubble burst? I’m not willing to write Port Adelaide off just yet, I am however beginning to question what it is we’re trying to do. For several years we’ve played a pretty basic but nonetheless an effective style of play. Win the contest, get the ball forward, push up from defence and get repeat F50 entries. Whilst we’ve not been the most offensive side (when it comes to scoring) we’ve been consistently stingy in defence because of that territory advantage.

This year we’re playing a different brand and particularly against the more damaging midfields we’ve come up short. Using our ball movement from defence has certainly been added to our game and we’re not as hell bent on keeping the ball forward. Is it a deliberate plan to make us more balanced and give us another dimension or, is it a result of our midfield giving up that territory?

The loss to the Eagles felt like one of those games in WA that they can pull off against anyone, they do it regularly over there and I wrote ( and still do ) that one down as a mulligan, however, the loss to Brisbane and this loss to the Bulldogs give me more reason for concern.

Two things, firstly slow starts, on both occasions slow starts have effectively put the contest out of reach early on as we’re generally (see above) not a prolific scoring side. Saturday night the Dogs pile on 5 unanswered goals in 15 minutes in the first term and we find ourselves 25 points down. Granted, we too found ourselves on a run of 5 straight in the second term but it felt like that was our shot and 12 goals for the night against a team as attacking as the Dogs would never be enough. In Brisbane they had 4 at ¼ time, we ended up with 5 for the night. Game over.

Secondly, spread. In Brisbane McCluggage, Lyons and Zorko beat us on the spread and gave their forwards the best look at it. Against the Dogs Macrae, Daniel, Bontempelli, Treloar, Smith ( not a bad list of mids by the way ) tore us to shreds on the outside.

Now we’re talking about two pretty handy midfield units here, the concern is though if we can’t have our midfield matching theirs when it comes to inside and outside ball then can we truly challenge at the pointy end?

In Brisbane we lost clearances by 3, -4 in the centre. On Saturday we lost them by 6, -1 in the centre. Inside ( Wines in particular ) wasn’t where these games were won and lost. In isolation those numbers should not be of concern, they’re not defining, the Bulldogs however had +48 uncontested possessions. Their spread killed us. All too often they flicked a handball sideways to a player with pressure only to flick another one sideways to a player in the clear. Work rate defensively on the outside wasn’t good enough and the strongest midfield in the competition isn’t going to let you off if you allow that. For the first time the loss of Butters and Duursma was really obvious.

So what went well? Wines, again, continued his brilliant form of 2021, anther complete set of numbers from one of the best inside mids in the game. Georgiades and Fantasia with 2 goals each looked dangerous and ready to take their opportunities while we all had a grin when Hamish Hartlett took his hamstrings back to 2015 and chased down Jason Johannisen. Great moment. Drew keeps performing, Aliir keeps playing his role and Ladhams, albeit it up against a make shift ruckman did his job and looked to enjoy having the #1 ruck mantle.

Unfortunately the black cat someone kicked at Alberton isn’t over it and we’re set to lose Clurey for a stint with a broken jaw, McKenzie should come in for him. The injury list is building and it will be nice to get some back sooner rather than later. Depth is really being tested with regulars Lycett ( sus. ) Houston, Butters, Duursma, Clurey, Rockliff and more recent arrival Jones all on the sidelines. 6 or 7 of what would be in our best line up missing and we need to get through the next 2 unscathed against Collingwood and Fremantle before the bye.

Boons best – Wines, Boak, Georgiades, Amon

Changes –

In – McKenzie
Out – Clurey ( Inj )

One other is Houston is right, perhaps Bonner goes to the sub and Frederick back to the SANFL for a full game after being the sub 2 weeks in a row.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 19, 2021 11:11 am

The Bye will come very timely, with the Woods at the G and Freo at home we can take a breather to prepare for the Cats at home.

We have a pretty generous run home IMO, the challenge games are rounds 13, 17, 18, 20 and 23, Geel (H), Melb (H), St.K (A), GWS (A) and WB (A).

Win 3 of them 5 and all the rest we finish 16-6, playing the Dogs in round 23 should harden us for the finals regardless of the result.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 19, 2021 11:14 am

Can't believe you allowed Marshall to fly under the radar in your post. I've been a fan.. BEEN a fan.. but geez he offers FA.

He's a poor man's Tom Lynch (ADL).

Also the forward defensive work - lack thereof - offered from the likes of Motlop, Fantasia and lesser extend Farrell stinks.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed May 19, 2021 11:14 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The Bye will come very timely, with the Woods at the G and Freo at home we can take a breather to prepare for the Cats at home.

We have a pretty generous run home IMO, the challenge games are rounds 13, 17, 18, 20 and 23, Geel (H), Melb (H), St.K (A), GWS (A) and WB (A).

Win 3 of them 5 and all the rest we finish 16-6, playing the Dogs in round 23 should harden us for the finals regardless of the result.
If you aren't beating Geelong at home who are horrendous off the bye... then that spells trouble

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11848 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 19, 2021 11:18 am

The Bedge wrote:Can't believe you allowed Marshall to fly under the radar in your post. I've been a fan.. BEEN a fan.. but geez he offers FA.

Also the forward defensive work - lack thereof - offered from the likes of Motlop, Fantasia and lesser extend Farrell stinks.

Ease up, you can't mention the M word, I love the guy but gee whiz.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 19, 2021 11:25 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The Bye will come very timely, with the Woods at the G and Freo at home we can take a breather to prepare for the Cats at home.

If you aren't beating Geelong at home who are horrendous off the bye... then that spells trouble

We've already got to the "TRO", now it's remembering the silent letter, We were soundly beaten by West Coast in Perth, I can reluctantly accept that, we were smashed by a Neale-less Brisbane, it stunk, the Bulldogs loss just highlights where we really sit.

Losing Lycett hurts, losing Clurey early hurt too, but we have too many downhill skiers.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed May 19, 2021 11:30 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Can't believe you allowed Marshall to fly under the radar in your post. I've been a fan.. BEEN a fan.. but geez he offers FA.

Ease up, you can't mention the M word, I love the guy but gee whiz.

Goes without saying, our midfield gets beat up and he's ineffective. Has had no impact 3 of the last 4.

Plus, when you're under this sort of pressure to get a review up things gets missed. ( Mainly the 127 emails in my inbox! )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed May 19, 2021 11:32 am

Thought it might have been 119

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11848 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 19, 2021 11:37 am

Booney wrote:
Goes without saying, our midfield gets beat up and he's ineffective. Has had no impact 3 of the last 4.

Plus, when you're under this sort of pressure to get a review up things gets missed. ( Mainly the 127 emails in my inbox! )

I wasn't dissing you, he just seems to be overlooked on a regular basis, he puts more pressure on Big Chuck IMO.

With the emergence of Georgiadis I struggle to see the need for him, add the night game factor and you need to play small up forward, Motlop and Fantasia basically provide us with SGM value adders.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 19, 2021 12:27 pm

Booney wrote:Plus, when you're under this sort of pressure to get a review up things gets missed. ( Mainly the 127 emails in my inbox! )

Prob mostly from the punters and subscribers waiting for their review :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby JK » Wed May 19, 2021 12:40 pm

The amount of times the young lad gets first hands to the ball but spills it is pretty frustrating. Ladhams in the same boat.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Wed May 19, 2021 12:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:Plus, when you're under this sort of pressure to get a review up things gets missed. ( Mainly the 127 emails in my inbox! )

Prob mostly from the punters and subscribers waiting for their review :lol:

only.fans.booneys.review
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 21, 2021 12:19 am

Bit embarrassing for the club, not sure how you do your due diligence on stuff like this, but pretty ordinary from by the kid who submitted it

Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby stan » Fri May 21, 2021 7:56 am

Similar designs I would say but from a painting up at Flinders medical centre.

I guess this person is accusing the young lady and Port Adelaide of stealing the design?

I assume that's what it is about. I had a look and looks like it is blowing up the normals on twitter. People really falling off there chairs now.

Port might have to use last year's gurnseys now.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL