I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 26, 2021 9:00 am

tipper wrote:
am Bays wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:My dad use to wake me up by giving me a good ol’ clip around the ear.

And you were greatful....

a clip 'round the ear? luxury

That was to wake me up if I didn’t then get up if wasn’t a luxury................

And here I am telling my kids for the 4th time to get up.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed May 26, 2021 9:59 am

Has anyone here been banned from Facebook before? I got banned yesterday for 72 hours and have no idea why. Haven't even been on the piss since Saturday so I haven't said anything stupid. What concerns me though was it says I am banned for posting inappropriate material and then it has this spiel that nudity is banned on facebook etc. I have never done that shit before and never would but I'm just wondering if that is just a generic message that comes up every time someone gets banned, otherwise is there a chance my facebook has been hacked? My missus had a look on my page and there are no posts on there etc and I have sent them a message asking what exactly it is I was supposed to have done but no response. Just a bit concerned in case my Facebook has been hacked.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 26, 2021 10:05 am

Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:You have to let them make their own choices, even if poor, that's the way they learn.

This is why I don't live with my wife, no matter how old her kids get, she has to micro-manage them and they just don't know how to adult.

She makes their decisions, they refuse to listen and then she feels that it's her duty to fix their every mistake.

Its a tough balance and I dont think anyone ever perfects parenting. But I firmly believe the more you can expose them to the real world and the need to take responsibility for their actions the quicker they "grow up" and can achieve in their adult life.

Absolutely, my 18 year old daughter is more adult than any of ours put together, she is at Uni doing two degree's, works 20-35 hours a week and has her own side business going as well, all the others sook about the real world and can't hold down a job.

My 26 year old also has two degree's and after years of them going to waste she finally got in the field that she studied for, now her relationship status has changed she no longer wants to continue her role, the money is great though, she earns more than I do but doesn't like to be told that she isn't getting that by answering phones or sitting in front of a computer.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 26, 2021 10:09 am

amber_fluid wrote:My dad use to wake me up by giving me a good ol’ clip around the ear.

When I was 21 I was living with the old man for a stint doing shift work.

One Monday morning around 10am he came flying into my room yelling "get out of bed you lazy c***", he would've been stewing for ages too thinking whether I was having a sickie or just sleeping in for a 4pm start.

I opened an eye and said "Dad, I worked 10 hours on a Sunday night at double time plus loading, I'm f*****d".

When I woke up at 3pm to get ready there was about 500gm T-Bone waiting for me.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Wed May 26, 2021 10:20 am

Bum Crack wrote:Has anyone here been banned from Facebook before? I got banned yesterday for 72 hours and have no idea why. Haven't even been on the piss since Saturday so I haven't said anything stupid. What concerns me though was it says I am banned for posting inappropriate material and then it has this spiel that nudity is banned on facebook etc. I have never done that shit before and never would but I'm just wondering if that is just a generic message that comes up every time someone gets banned, otherwise is there a chance my facebook has been hacked? My missus had a look on my page and there are no posts on there etc and I have sent them a message asking what exactly it is I was supposed to have done but no response. Just a bit concerned in case my Facebook has been hacked.

FB changed their tolerance levels a little while back mate and a LOT of people have been copping bans for relatively innocuous stuff .. You could put up a post saying "Good Morning" and if someone reports it, you'll probably cop a short ban. Wouldn't stress too much, once you're out of jail maybe change your password if you have any fears you might have been hacked.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Bum Crack » Wed May 26, 2021 10:25 am

JK wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Has anyone here been banned from Facebook before? I got banned yesterday for 72 hours and have no idea why. Haven't even been on the piss since Saturday so I haven't said anything stupid. What concerns me though was it says I am banned for posting inappropriate material and then it has this spiel that nudity is banned on facebook etc. I have never done that shit before and never would but I'm just wondering if that is just a generic message that comes up every time someone gets banned, otherwise is there a chance my facebook has been hacked? My missus had a look on my page and there are no posts on there etc and I have sent them a message asking what exactly it is I was supposed to have done but no response. Just a bit concerned in case my Facebook has been hacked.

FB changed their tolerance levels a little while back mate and a LOT of people have been copping bans for relatively innocuous stuff .. You could put up a post saying "Good Morning" and if someone reports it, you'll probably cop a short ban. Wouldn't stress too much, once you're out of jail maybe change your password if you have any fears you might have been hacked.

Yeah I'm not too fussed about it but when that message come through about nudity, i thought what the ****????

I'm just wondering if someone reported my comment on the Geelong Facebook page when I said Luke Shithaus needs to be dropped.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby JK » Wed May 26, 2021 10:32 am

Bum Crack wrote:
JK wrote:

Yeah I'm not too fussed about it but when that message come through about nudity, i thought what the ****????

I'm just wondering if someone reported my comment on the Geelong Facebook page when I said Luke Shithaus needs to be dropped.

I don't think too many Cats fans would be upset about that call mate ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Spargo » Wed May 26, 2021 10:39 am

JK wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
JK wrote:

I don't think too many Cats fans would be upset about that call mate ;)

Not many can read anyway...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby HH3 » Wed May 26, 2021 10:43 am

Bum Crack wrote:
JK wrote:

I got banned last year for a meme I posted in a "private" group 4 years ago. The reasoning was promoting hate or some shit.

They have moderators that just scour content and ban people. And the reasons they give are way overblown to make you feel like a criminal.

Just do you. Sometimes its good to get off FB for a few days.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 26, 2021 1:35 pm

I'm friends with Mark Zuckerberg. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 26, 2021 1:45 pm

I hear the question on Will and Woody at times, what is the male equivalent of Karen?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed May 26, 2021 1:46 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I hear the question on Will and Woody at times, what is the male equivalent of Karen?
Probably Colin

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Wed May 26, 2021 1:47 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I hear the question on Will and Woody at times, what is the male equivalent of Karen?

Grant. 100% Grant.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 26, 2021 1:59 pm

Booney wrote:

Grant. 100% Grant.

Can relate.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 26, 2021 5:40 pm

No surprises here, but im a veteran of 4, 7 day bans, havent had the magical 30 day ban as yet but it cant be far away.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu May 27, 2021 12:46 pm

Considering the $hite I put on FB (worse than on here) I'm surprised I've survived
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Booney » Thu May 27, 2021 12:52 pm

People I know who've been banned from Facebook :

Bum Crack
Daysofourlives
Donald Trump
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby tipper » Thu May 27, 2021 12:54 pm

Ive had an account permanently blocked too.

No warnings, no smaller bans, just straight to permanent.

Still not even sure what i did to deserve it either

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Pseudo » Thu May 27, 2021 1:08 pm

Booney wrote:People I know who've been banned from Facebook :

Bum Crack
Daysofourlives
Donald Trump

And of those, Donny is the only one who hasn't also been banned from SAfooty?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby gadj1976 » Thu May 27, 2021 1:35 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Considering the $hite I put on FB (worse than on here) I'm surprised I've survived

in that case, can I friend request you so I can see what constitutes a ban-able offence?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion