Port Adelaide 2021

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Postby Jim05 » Wed May 26, 2021 10:55 am

Port players and officials need to self isolate now after sharing the flight home with supporters that say in the exposure zone at the MCG
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 26, 2021 2:08 pm

Congratulations to Port for becoming the 119th team to win a VFL/AFL game when only scoring one point in the first quarter. :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Wed May 26, 2021 2:46 pm

Collingwood's 1000th loss.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Trader » Wed May 26, 2021 2:48 pm

Jim05 wrote:Port players and officials need to self isolate now after sharing the flight home with supporters that say in the exposure zone at the MCG

Which is rubbish.

It takes roughly 5 days after catching the virus before you start spreading.
Any port fan that caught it at the g, wouldn't be spreading it on the flight home, they'd be spreading it from mid-late this week.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed May 26, 2021 3:58 pm

When does Port leave for China?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Grahaml » Wed May 26, 2021 4:36 pm

Seems there was something positive to come from that game after all.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 26, 2021 5:45 pm

Trader wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Port players and officials need to self isolate now after sharing the flight home with supporters that say in the exposure zone at the MCG

Which is rubbish.

It takes roughly 5 days after catching the virus before you start spreading.
Any port fan that caught it at the g, wouldn't be spreading it on the flight home, they'd be spreading it from mid-late this week.

This is no place for facts, but if you want scare mongering and hysteria SA Health can provide that
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby mal » Wed May 26, 2021 11:36 pm

Wedgie wrote:Congratulations to Port for becoming the 119th team to win a VFL/AFL game when only scoring one point in the first quarter. :D

And this
26/5
Durbanville [South Africa races]
R4-4 ran 4th
4 x 4=16 and it started at the odds of 16

The horses name, Port Adelaide
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1141 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby Booney » Thu May 27, 2021 9:41 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Brisbane and West Coast losses were very poor performances and if you're a premiership contender, the Bulldogs game was a disappointment too, especially with the home ground advantage. That score flattered you a bit really I thought. Collingwood win was quite ordinary too. I'm not writing them off, I just think their form has been quite poor against the better teams in the comp. It's all well and good to flog the shit sides, but you won't be playing them come finals time.

Line the form up. Brisbane are one of the hot sides, on a 5 game winning streak. Bulldogs kicked the last two goals to make it 19 points, not sure how that flattered us. Collingwood win was ugly, as shit a game as I've ever witnessed. 7-3 with troops back after the bye.

So just unlucky that theyve struck those teams at the peak of their powers, right, no worries, all good then, they wouldnt possibly get good teams, in form, come September :roll:

Port haven't played at their best, but it is May. Let's have this discussion in September and see who is flying then.

3 sides are on 7-3 :

Brisbane have lost to Sydney, Geelong and the Bulldogs.

Geelong have lost to Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney.

Port have lost to West Coast, Brisbane and the Bulldogs.

Why isn't everyone so down on Geelong and Brisbane?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 27, 2021 9:48 am

Booney wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:[quote="Bum Crack"]Brisbane and West Coast losses were very poor performances and if you're a premiership contender, the Bulldogs game was a disappointment too, especially with the home ground advantage. That score flattered you a bit really I thought. Collingwood win was quite ordinary too. I'm not writing them off, I just think their form has been quite poor against the better teams in the comp. It's all well and good to flog the shit sides, but you won't be playing them come finals time.

Line the form up. Brisbane are one of the hot sides, on a 5 game winning streak. Bulldogs kicked the last two goals to make it 19 points, not sure how that flattered us. Collingwood win was ugly, as shit a game as I've ever witnessed. 7-3 with troops back after the bye.

So just unlucky that theyve struck those teams at the peak of their powers, right, no worries, all good then, they wouldnt possibly get good teams, in form, come September :roll:

Port haven't played at their best, but it is May. Let's have this discussion in September and see who is flying then.

3 sides are on 7-3 :

Brisbane have lost to Sydney, Geelong and the Bulldogs.

Geelong have lost to Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney.

Port have lost to West Coast, Brisbane and the Bulldogs.

Why isn't everyone so down on Geelong and Brisbane?[/quote]The Vic media have gone to town on Geelong several times this year
Jim05
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu May 27, 2021 6:11 pm

Pretty sure we were talking about who Port have beaten not who they or anyone else have lost to.
The fact remains you havent beaten anyone in the top8, i feel this is a recurring thing with The Power
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Fri May 28, 2021 2:09 pm

Booney wrote:Port Adelaide has connected with all relevant parties in response to social media commentary relating to the club’s Indigenous guernsey for Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

Port Adelaide can now confirm the artwork on the guernsey was originally designed by Aboriginal artist Elle Campbell for a 2019 exhibition at Flinders Medical Centre to celebrate NAIDOC week.

The club met with Ms Campbell this morning who stressed that she wanted the club to wear the design as part of the upcoming Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

“Sir Doug Nicholls Round is important to me and my people and I know it means a lot to Port Adelaide. I don’t want to take anything away from the club or the Indigenous players representing the club,” she said.

“I definitely want Port Adelaide to wear the guernsey with great pride in Sir Doug Nicholls Round.”

Ms Campbell confirmed she had been in contact with the student who claimed to have designed the guernsey as part of the curriculum for the Santos Aboriginal Power Cup.

“The way the Port Adelaide Football Club has handled this has been great. I’m happy that I will receive the recognition as the original artist and that my story behind the artwork can be told,” she said.

“One thing that I want to stress is that I don’t want people to hassle the student. She’s young, she’s made a mistake and owned it, and I know what social media culture can be like. I ask people to consider her feelings because there’s certainly no ill feeling from me and I just want her to work through this situation with her family.”

Ms Campbell said she wanted all proceeds from the guernseys to be invested into the club’s Aboriginal Programs.

“I understand all the work Port Adelaide invests into Aboriginal youth through their Indigenous programs. I’m more than happy for all the guernsey sales to be invested back into these programs to ensure Indigenous youth continue to get opportunities to grow,” she said.

Port Adelaide chief executive Matthew Richardson thanked Ms Campbell for her understanding.

“Clearly, no one intended for this to play out this way, but we are now pleased that Ms Campbell will get the recognition she deserves and we look forward to telling the story behind her artwork next week,” Mr Richardson said.

“Ms Campbell has been outstanding throughout this whole process and we thank her for her understanding. It’s a mark of her character that one of her first concerns was the welfare of the student.

“We have provided support resources for the student and her family and will continue to support her moving forward. She made a mistake and acknowledged it, so now we ask others to respect her privacy.”

Great piece is todays 'Tiser about Elle and her artwork.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:59 pm

Hartlett releasing his inner thug in the ressies

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 31, 2021 10:45 am

We’ve all been crying out for a fast start after several weeks of poor first terms and that’s exactly what we got on Sunday afternoon as Port Adelaide piled on 7 goals to none in the opening term to set up a 40 point lead that ultimately separated us from Fremantle at the final siren.

It was a blistering first 30 minutes, we were all surprised to see big Charlie in the middle for the first ball up, clearly just a little side play from the coaching staff as he soon went forward and impacted upon the score board but that wasn’t until Mitch Georgiades and SPP had got us off to a flyer, when Dixon goaled 5 minutes into the contest Port had 3 on the board and 10 minutes later Powell-Pepper had added his second, Marshall goaled, Fantasia slotted a tight one and when Dixon marked and kicked his second for the quarter the game was effectively over.

When Powell-Pepper missed a tough snap late in the first term we had 7.5 on the board, it wasn’t until the 20 minute mark of the last term we missed another shot on goal and in between we put 12 straight on the board. Really good conversion and more pleasing was the position we were taking the shots from, in front or close to goal and much of this was from the pressure the forward line produced keeping the ball in the forward 50 (5 players had a tackle inside 50). Powell-Pepper clearly had his best game for the year and he’s moved back into the role he played last year nicely, offering the ground pressure with 5 tackles ( 2 inside 50 ) that resulted in 10 score involvements, that was only trumped by Gray with 10 and Wines with 14.

To Fremantle’s credit and to my frustration they kept themselves in the game through the efforts of some of their highly talented youngsters, Brayshaw was good and I’d be happy to have Cerra in a Port Adelaide guernsey anytime, he’s classy and works his back side off but other than Fyfe they didn’t look to be threatening in front of goal with many of their shots either under pressure or in poor field position, Lobb and Walters missed a couple of easy ones that might have made a difference but it wasn’t to be.

Further frustration was added as much like Collingwood the week before Fremantle slowed the game down to painstaking levels with sideways movement when in possession and a grid zone when in defence. Given that type of defence has worked to slow us down two weeks in a row ( In the first term they didn’t have time to set up the grid defence ) we’ll need to look at how we counter that in the coming weeks. The top sides don’t play that way, they’re too focussed on scoring to be so dull defensively but teams lower on the ladder will deploy these tactics against us to stop our defence to attack transition. We must find a way around / through / over it.

Fremantle’s mids worked hard at the contest and if not for Wines (5 centre clearances) and Ladhams (4) we might have had more trouble keeping them out of their forward half. I cannot understate how well Wines has played this year, I’ve given him my best 5 times this year and today will make it 6. He’s not only winning the contested ball he’s getting involved outside the contest. Yesterday’s numbers 35 touches ( 19 contested ), 3 marks, 7 tackles, 8 clearances, 8 inside 50’s, 14 score involvements, 3 goal assists. He’s a beast inside the contest and he’s offering an attacking option outside it. He must be in All Australian contention and that’s with several midfield stars around the competition in great form.

Amon was brilliant in the first term and club record 16 disposals at ¼ time and he was understandably sat on a bit from there, still had 27 and was crucial in setting up the win early. Powell-Pepper as noted above had an impact on the board with 3 goals, reward for his defensive efforts. Dixon too big and strong at times, still runs under the ball too often for mine but 3 goals a good day out. Gray was dangerous at ground level all night, Boak lived up to his standards, McKenzie again solid in defence as was the skipper with 11 marks and the likes of Jones, Rozee and Farrell ( what a goal! ) look better each week.

All in all the scoreboard may have flattered us, the accuracy of Port and the inaccuracy of Fremantle meant the final margin was larger than the general run of the game suggested, Fremantle are improving and I felt like yesterday was one of our better performances for a month, certainly the first term when we ran white hot. Speaking of hot, if someone could have lit the heater at ¾ time that would have been great, it went from cool to bloody freezing in the third term!

Some concern with Burton subbed out with a knee complaint, Georgiades was far from right with a corky and Boak took a knock to the knee late but looked to have run it off. With the bye next weekend I’d expect them all to be right for the clash with Geelong that looks increasingly likely to be played anywhere but Adelaide or Geelong. Watch this space.

Boons best – Wines, Powell-Pepper, Amon, Dixon, Boak
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 31, 2021 2:57 pm

Fantasia off for some knee surgery?
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 31, 2021 3:42 pm

Orazio Fantasia has just left hospital after having a clean out on his knee. The forward will miss 3 weeks.
@10NewsFirstAdl
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon May 31, 2021 4:36 pm

$381 return For the weekend of 25-26/9 Port fans,

Get in by 11am and out on the 6am (like you’ll be sleeping any way as you catch a taxi from King St to Tullamaine at 4:30 am) special so your back for the fun and frivolity at Alberton on the 26th.

Back your team in, you mob!

The money you save in May is the money for beers in Sept, you know it sense!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 31, 2021 4:45 pm

am Bays wrote:$381 return For the weekend of 25-26/9 Port fans,

Get in by 11am and out on the 6am (like you’ll be sleeping any way as you catch a taxi from King St to Tullamaine at 4:30 am) special so your back for the fun and frivolity at Alberton on the 26th.

All Aboard

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 31, 2021 4:53 pm

And how will we get to Brisbane from there for the GF?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 31, 2021 5:00 pm

I won't accept poorly punctuated trolling.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL