R8 South v Centrals Saturday 1410

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R8 South v Centrals Saturday 1410

Postby StrayDog » Sat May 29, 2021 6:28 pm

Pseudo wrote:
StrayDog wrote:
bullydog wrote:did we pack up and leave at the last break?whatever thommo is trying ain't working.
Dogs64 wrote:I actually thought we were okay today. Hoskin and Presbury would have made a bit of a difference. South made a lot of skill errors in defence early which helped keep us in it.

Eight goals to two from time on in the last to handshakes, all of those from different boots. Seems to me that South got their shit together and our blokes were playing a losing game of whack-a mole.

10 goals in time on? Really?

Thanks, all fixed! :D
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby PanthersFan » Sat May 29, 2021 8:35 pm

Tough game, well fought by the Dogs but South did enough to kick away in the last quarter to the scoring end.
Lots of room to improve for the Panthers. Centrals aren’t a bad side though.
Dogs supporters - any of you attend the game? Who was the clown abusing Jason Horne every time he got near the ball? Pretty poor form abusing a kid, at one point he was just screaming “Daicos is better than you”. Absolute flog and was standing behind the northern goals.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dogs64 » Sat May 29, 2021 8:43 pm

PanthersFan wrote:Tough game, well fought by the Dogs but South did enough to kick away in the last quarter to the scoring end.
Dogs supporters - any of you attend the game? Who was the clown abusing Jason Horne every time he got near the ball? Pretty poor form abusing a kid, at one point he was just screaming “Daicos is better than you”. Absolute flog and was standing behind the northern goals.

I think it was Doc?
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby DOC » Sat May 29, 2021 8:49 pm

Hurtful.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Plymptonpanther » Sat May 29, 2021 9:04 pm

Missed the game today...couldn't get a park.

Enjoyed the coverage on SEN. Appears Sam Overall had a welcome return to form. What news of the injury to Matt Rose?
Plymptonpanther
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby DOC » Sat May 29, 2021 9:13 pm

probably an ac shoulder.

Too early to tell yet.
DOC
Coach

Postby southee » Sat May 29, 2021 9:36 pm

Tough game to come away with the win.
As others have mentioned, Dogs are a pretty good side and on the right track IMO.
Thought Dogs won most of the 3 quarters but South just went into forth gear in the last quarter to get the win.
Really like Grace's game. Lange and J. Schiller very good.

Thought South really panicked at the start and tried to be cute with this short passing sideways/backwards game that really backfires on us.
We lacked confidence when the Dogs applied the pressure on us.
We looked much better going direct and long putting pressure on the Dogs defenders.
Good to see Overall have a decent game this week as honestly, he has been bloody ordinary this year.
Gibbs showed his class, Broadbent, Haines, Cross and Skinner (finally) our best.

Nice to get the win but a heap to work on if we are going to be a genuine finals contender.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby northerner » Sat May 29, 2021 10:03 pm

PanthersFan wrote:Tough game, well fought by the Dogs but South did enough to kick away in the last quarter to the scoring end.

Wasn't aware of this but it was interesting to hear Doggie players talking post game about how much trash this same South player talked during the game.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby northerner » Sat May 29, 2021 10:10 pm

Best 4 players on the ground were all playing for South (Broadbent Gibbs Cross and Haine) yet the Dogs were well in the contest for 90 mins.
Lads like Pisani East Lange Dew and Matt Neagle are becoming good consistent league players. Just lacking the class of a Broadbent.
Also continue to be exposed in the aerial contests.

Quick shout out to the umps... hardly noticed and definitely allowed the game to be played. Well done. If I wasn't so lazy I would name them...
northerner
Reserves

Postby blueandwhite » Sat May 29, 2021 10:13 pm

northerner wrote:

Wasn't aware of this but it was interesting to hear Doggie players talking post game about how much trash this same South player talked during the game.

Of well you wont have to put up with his trash talking for much longer...
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby DOC » Sat May 29, 2021 10:14 pm

I agree Northener. Yes they let it flow and when you don't notice them a good job allround.
DOC
Coach

Postby southernbulldog » Sat May 29, 2021 11:22 pm

Disappointing that the margin blew out to 28 points at the end,we were right in it at 3qtr time.In the end South had to much class & size when it mattered and deserved their win .We continue to try hard in games and have a crack .The umpriing very good today .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun May 30, 2021 12:07 am

blueandwhite wrote:
northerner wrote:

Of well you wont have to put up with his trash talking for much longer...

Is he leaving.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Sun May 30, 2021 9:59 am

Didn’t get to see it but it sounds like a pretty good effort against a really good side

Hopefully that continued effort will see a few W’s before the season is out.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun May 30, 2021 10:01 am

whufc wrote:Didn’t get to see it but it sounds like a pretty good effort against a really good side

It seems like we're on the right track,
hopefully we crack 3 or 4 more wins this season, can't see why not.
Onward & upward.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby northerner » Sun May 30, 2021 10:50 am

whufc wrote:Didn’t get to see it but it sounds like a pretty good effort against a really good side

BTW FYI Jaxon Neagle has been hampered with a foot injury and managed just 2 or 3 in the ressies.
Matt Neagle is def a better player than 2019 and is providing excellent rebound with his efficient ball use.
northerner
Reserves

Postby UK Fan » Sun May 30, 2021 11:50 am

northerner wrote:

BTW FYI Jaxon Neagle has been hampered with a foot injury and managed just 2 or 3 in the ressies.
Matt Neagle is def a better player than 2019 and is providing excellent rebound with his efficient ball use.

Well said Matt Neagles foot skills are elite.

I have very been very impressed with him this season.

Jayden hopefully back next season to join his brothers
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby PanthersFan » Sun May 30, 2021 1:02 pm

northerner wrote:

Trash talking between players is different than a nobody on the sidelines abusing a kid.
Anyway, every team have those types that have no idea so I’ll move along. I was just annoyed so vented on here!
Had no issues with any other person at the game apart from a crazy Northern Irish man who kept talking to me but I couldn’t understand a word he said :D
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun May 30, 2021 1:10 pm

PanthersFan wrote:
northerner wrote:

Trash talking between players is different than a nobody on the sidelines abusing a kid.
Anyway, every team have those types that have no idea so I’ll move along. I was just annoyed so vented on here!
Had no issues with any other person at the game apart from a crazy Northern Irish man who kept talking to me but I couldn’t understand a word he said :D

A little bloke with a shit mo?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby PanthersFan » Sun May 30, 2021 1:12 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
PanthersFan wrote:
northerner wrote:

A little bloke with a shit mo?

Ha ha that’s the one!
PanthersFan
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL